3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

PM Incoming!

My wallet is hurting. Past 2 weeks pick-ups:

2 weeks ago: Giant-Size X-Men Box Set (TRU)

Last Wednesday: Wolverine First Appearance, Gladiator, U.S. Agent

Monday: Winter Soldier, Ultimates Cap, WW2 Cap, Deadpool/Taskmaster, Silver Samurai/Wolverine

Friday: Cable w/ Hope, Cyclops, Apocalypse

Today: Crossbones, Captain Britain, Heroic Age Cap, Odin (Gold & Tan Armor)

I passed on the two X-Men: First Class box sets. Already have those (or better) versions of Wolverine & Sabretooth, and I have no interest in the "First Class" continuity Cyclops/Jean costumes. I think Hasbro could've sold the real "First Appearance" Cyclops and Jean costumes (or do Jean's green Marvel Girl costume and a first appearance Cyclops) and sold just as well if not better (since collectors actually know these costumes). Meh.

Just need Red Skull (in no rush, tho) to be caught up, then Wave 14 awaits.

CAN GET FOR YOU TOMORROW MORNING:

FROST GIANT and LOKI ($25, tax, shipping)

GOLIATH and THOR CLONE ($25, tax, shipping)

Moon Knight, Silver Surfer, Gladiator (crummy face paint tho, $8, tax, shipping each)

Samurai/Patch 2-Pack ($15, tax, shipping)

Lemme know before I make me rounds on way to work.

The Cap comic line was good to me this weekend! Found Crossbones/Red Skull, US Agent, Cap Britain. Heavy arty Cap & the Cap that comes with US Agents other shield.

Heavy arty Cap just became my new display Cap, love the shiny mettalic looking shield! US Agent is buffer than Cap & looks awesome sporting either shield, though I did customize the Eagle shield a bit to make it look better.

DSC01324.jpg

DSC01320.jpg

DSC01319.jpg

DSC01321.jpg

DSC01326.jpg

Hey Man, That's awesome... Just curious though, what's the Cap that has the Black US agent round shield with it. Impressive! :)

The deluxe cap with the black us agent round shield is the fortress assault mission captain america, or as me and my friends jokingly call it, riot control/border control captain america

The Cap comic line was good to me this weekend! Found Crossbones/Red Skull, US Agent, Cap Britain. Heavy arty Cap & the Cap that comes with US Agents other shield.

Heavy arty Cap just became my new display Cap, love the shiny mettalic looking shield! US Agent is buffer than Cap & looks awesome sporting either shield, though I did customize the Eagle shield a bit to make it look better.

DSC01324.jpg

DSC01320.jpg

DSC01319.jpg

DSC01321.jpg

DSC01326.jpg

how did u get that black shield for US Agent cause thats SICK!!!!

Picked up Deadpool/Taskmaster 2-pack at Wal-Mart in Clermont, Florida on Monday of this past week.

Also, picked up Apocalypse and Cyclops from TRU in Wesley Chapel, Florida over the weekend, on Saturday.

Still looking for a Cable.

I left Silver Samurai/patch two packs (about 4 of them) and another Deadpool/Taskmaster pack at the Clermont Wal-mart.

Also passed on X-men first class 2 packs at TRU and Giant-Size X-men set at TRU.

For anyone that lives in the Austin area:

I was at Lakeline mall today in Northwest Austin/Cedar Park. The Disney store there had 6 of the X-Men boxed sets and ALL of them were the variant versions with the "bamfing" Nightcrawler. I let them be as I'm just trying to find Cable. Good hunting.

ugh...tempted to make the trip for this set....

You just want to spend some money. Screw that set, they at least could have mad night crawler fully "bamfing"

You know, I don't mind that he's half-bamfed. There's a nice Super Hero Squad figure that is the same way. If he was properly scaled and better articulated, then I'd be more interested in getting another Nightcrawler.

I like the all-silver look on the US Agent shield. I'm in no hurry to buy a riot-gear deluxe cap for a non-comic accurate black shield when I bet we eventually get a US Agent with a more accurate shield repacked. Are you guys with the silver shields using Acetone to wipe the red off or are you painting over silver?

I like the all-silver look on the US Agent shield. I'm in no hurry to buy a riot-gear deluxe cap for a non-comic accurate black shield when I bet we eventually get a US Agent with a more accurate shield repacked. Are you guys with the silver shields using Acetone to wipe the red off or are you painting over silver?

the red pieces are on pegs and just snap off. i guess they are supposed to swivel like wing-blades or some sh!t...

My wallet is hurting. Past 2 weeks pick-ups:

2 weeks ago: Giant-Size X-Men Box Set (TRU)

Last Wednesday: Wolverine First Appearance, Gladiator, U.S. Agent

Monday: Winter Soldier, Ultimates Cap, WW2 Cap, Deadpool/Taskmaster, Silver Samurai/Wolverine

Friday: Cable w/ Hope, Cyclops, Apocalypse

Today: Crossbones, Captain Britain, Heroic Age Cap, Odin (Gold & Tan Armor)

I passed on the two X-Men: First Class box sets. Already have those (or better) versions of Wolverine & Sabretooth, and I have no interest in the "First Class" continuity Cyclops/Jean costumes. I think Hasbro could've sold the real "First Appearance" Cyclops and Jean costumes (or do Jean's green Marvel Girl costume and a first appearance Cyclops) and sold just as well if not better (since collectors actually know these costumes). Meh.

Just need Red Skull (in no rush, tho) to be caught up, then Wave 14 awaits.

CAN GET FOR YOU TOMORROW MORNING:

FROST GIANT and LOKI ($25, tax, shipping)

GOLIATH and THOR CLONE ($25, tax, shipping)

Moon Knight, Silver Surfer, Gladiator (crummy face paint tho, $8, tax, shipping each)

Samurai/Patch 2-Pack ($15, tax, shipping)

Lemme know before I make me rounds on way to work.

Longshot;

I enjoyed the price you ask for all these packs and figs.

It's great to see that there are people here who are willing to help other collectors.

Just do not buy anything from you because I'll be in U.S. in 40 days, next July.

My TRU put out a few more X-Men sets and none of them were variants. However, after looking at the pics posted, I realize that I really only want the non-variant Storm and either version of Colossus. Between that decision and passing on most of the next two MU waves, I figure I'll manage to save quite a bit of money on unnecessary figures. Captain America looks to be a bright spot amidst what could be a rather long dry spell. Here's hoping SDCC reveals something worthwhile for the fall/winter.

So after my frustrations with Kmart and Cap wave 2, I ordered a case from HTS. The Fed ex shipping says it will be here today. I went in Walmart this morning, and go figure, there is all of wave 2 on the pegs lol. I picked up the Red Skull and Crossbones for customs. I justified the case because my kids can have the doubles of the Caps, with the exception of a few for customs.

The same walmart had new Joe series as well, got Jungle BAT, AWESOME!

Went by local Toysrus and they had Xmen First class packs but the paint was HORRIBLE and the right legs on all the cyclops were warped.

Back to the Cap figures, I think it's funny that there is 3 Walmarts within 15 miles of me (I checked on way home for more wave 2) and none of them until today have even had any single Cap figures at all, and they have all been wave 2 so far. Just thought it was an odd occurance.

Grabbed both of what i spent months looking for in ny,

You both suck.......

Good haul.....

Maybe they'll have more??

they def will, I saw lots of peg warmers from that line. they had scorpion too but I didn't think he looked that great. It's definitely worth asking an employee to look if there's none on the peg!!

Got Lizard, Scorpion and Cable from dragonkings. TY again. very grateful for the help. and Managed to get Red Skull and x2 Crossbones. All the toy shops by me stocked CA figs but all of the villians were gone, except my last stop where i pump alot of money into they held them for me because they knew i was looking for them :).

post-26262-1306967241_thumb.jpg

Just got back from my 45 minute drive to the nearest K-mart to get the International Patriots 3-pack.

Captain America is a surprisingly good figure. Getting this pack is an easy way to skip getting the single-carded version of this figure. The shield seems superior to the ones from Marvel Universe. It actually looks like it's metal. The only downside to the shield is there are no straps, just a peg that plugs into Cap's back (which I think looks bad). I also agree with most people about the lack of wrist articulation being bad. I remember when I was reading that thinking "what's the big deal?" but once you get him out of the package it is very much evident how adding that small detail would have made a world of difference.

Captain Britain is pretty blah. His costume seems goofy to me. I don't recall ever seeing him in a mostly blue costume without gloves. The sword is a nice touch but you can't really pose him holding it in a natural/cool way. It is interesting though that he is the only figure in the set with wrist articulation.

Red Guardian. He is the reason I wanted this set so much. I've always liked this character for some reason and even though this is my least favorite costume (and shield) of his it was still a "must have" for me. This figure is very simple to the Captain America figure but has different hands (still without wrist articulation) that look like they are formed for holding guns. Must be from the Bucky Cap figure. The shield is kind of a let down because it is a soft rubbery plastic that deforms when you push on it. In fact I had to go through all the packs that K-mart had to find one that didn't come with a shield that was deformed.

The interesting thing about this figure though is how much his head looks like a Kree soldier's. Could this mean we might see one sooner rather than later?