3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

@ ogun that steel marauder pilot looks like a calm lookin sandman , ill add those damn energy projections from the movie green lantern figures to be part of sandman ( like the close fist) , come to think it some of the other energy projections can be used for mister fantastic and apocalypse , hahah i guess those figures did serve a purpose after all.

DRSTRANGE.jpg

greetings from Singapore/Malaysia !

hit a big jackpot at the local ToysRus in Kuala Lumpur today. surprise surprise! i happened to be there when the staff was just starting to unwrap them from the box dated Aug 2011 and put them on the peg. of course Dr Strange was the rarest just like Cable. only 2 from the whole box of 24 figures. inspected and decided to pick up both since both paint job were flawless. tons of Scarlett Spider, Skaar, Dr Doom, and 3 Falcon. so tempted to buy Falcon as well, but the paint job for all 3, especially the face, was not that appealing or satisfactory to me. Skaar was very bulky just like world war hulk, but the paint on the eye was quite bad. Dr Doom is just the same figure as the comic 2-pack, but this one now has a gun holster but without gun ! very disappointing. all in all a very good haul for today :)

Doctor Strange looks fantastic! Glad I switched over to ordering one of each figure through BBTS, just makes more sense instead of wasting time and gas trying to find these things! Hope the paint apps are good though!

I like Wave 14 for the most part except for Doctor Doom...I already have him, so I guess I'll use him as trade bait or something.

yes dr strange was the best of the whole wave. the bubble box is thicker, similar to apocalypse or juggernaut packaging due to the cape (dr doom as well). but dr doom does not come with any accessories. the gun holder is just 1 solid piece of plastic. disappointing :(

doom.jpg

Doctor Strange looks fantastic! Glad I switched over to ordering one of each figure through BBTS, just makes more sense instead of wasting time and gas trying to find these things! Hope the paint apps are good though!

I like Wave 14 for the most part except for Doctor Doom...I already have him, so I guess I'll use him as trade bait or something.

I never thought I'd see the day where so many Apocalypses are peg warming. I know Cable and Cyclops are awesome figures, but Apocalypse is an amazing figure. This was all completely due to Apoc being 2 per case and Cable/Cyke being 1 per case...as cool as Jim Lee Cyclops is, there's no reason why the 9th version of Scott Summers should be a HTF figure.

I know everyone's predicting that Dr Strange's going to be the hard one to find, hopefully not. Hopefully the 2 per case will allow everyone a chance to grab the one's they want...we'll see. Strange and Doom...that's all I really want.

Doom is selling like hot cake. 4 fresh from yesterday, today only left 2. although no gun, this Doom has better paint job than the Doom from comic 2 pack with Absorbing Man. the green is deeper and darkerunlike the previous bright green version. i think it fits Doom so much better, that's why can't resist to pick this up. Wondered why nobody picked up Skaar, Scarlett Spidey or Falcon.

DRDOOM.jpg

Stopped by TRU today a little after opening just to see a guy buying the entire case of a Marvel Universe Wave. Not sure what it was, but I am assuming it was the Cable wave. Also not sure why he would want the entire case? Dont really need anything from that wave, but this particular store has a high collector and scalper presence.

Stopped at the Disney Store and picked up the variant X-Men set. 50$ is too much, but I would rather have it then take a gamble and wait for it to go on clearance.

Final stop was Target....nothing.

Went to target this morning jus som peg warmer figures of wave 13 then went to toys r us and found a deluxe dark tropper hydra pretty sick figure then i notice they had the cap with the jet pack but he was a light blue comix version not the one with the camo pants which i hate so i poicked that up.. Really like the light blue cap.. Will post pics later.

Stopped by TRU today a little after opening just to see a guy buying the entire case of a Marvel Universe Wave. Not sure what it was, but I am assuming it was the Cable wave.

Probably for Cable w/Hope. Does TRU let you order a case like some sort of save-the-sale-order or was an employee holding this for him?

Came back from Comic Con and I got double score today. At the con we managed to find Jim Lee Cyclops, Apocalypse, Black Panther, and Ultimate Iron Man. Came home and my purchase was in which included Blade, Regular Vision, Whiplash, Black Panther,.

Too bad I could not find Cable at all but the day was for sure a haul and a half.

Came back from Comic Con and I got double score today. At the con we managed to find Jim Lee Cyclops, Apocalypse, Black Panther, and Ultimate Iron Man. Came home and my purchase was in which included Blade, Regular Vision, Whiplash, Black Panther,.

Too bad I could not find Cable at all but the day was for sure a haul and a half.

That's a pretty good haul, especially the Vision and Whiplash. I've still got Cable if you're interested.

Managed to stop by Ross and they had the Laser Viper w/Mech. Half-tempted to get him, but he just doesn't serve a purpose. Now the Beachhead 2-pack with cycle was pretty tempting, especially since he'd go with my planned camo-unit of War Machine and Captain America. It's kind of hard to pass up a 2 for $8.99 deal, so I may go back for it.

Okay, so I got my cable and jim lee cyclops from hts (extras from those I had already). I've been waiting to open these, and I have to say I am not disappointed. Sculpt, paint, and articulation is phenom. I was debating on opening the cyke or put him up as trade bait, but I just had to see what everyone was raving about. He's awesome!! One of those figs where the enhanced articulation really serves to create that extra something. I put him in a really dynamic pose activating his visor, and he just kicks ass. No other way to say it. So happy I got him, then opened him...

well got my iron man fin fang foom in the mail its still mib debate on weather to open him not sure

also got two iron man modak's in the mail i have an extra moc if someone needs it its from the iron man toy line from the 90's just like the fin fang foom

and also got my back road brawl set in from fellow board member js11js11 thank you sir