3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

okay wow so it seems lots o stuff has gone down since i left last week .. i feel outta the loop. .. got married june 25 went on honeymoon for a week , come home and bam 3 packs on hasbro. pics of the guardians box set with little baby groot fresh outta the pot , flame on torches everywhere !!! ( glad to hear some of you guys are finally rounding out your collections with that bastard) ... am i missing anything else? ... sooo much glorious news !! ....and the news from my travels ... not a single marvel universe fig was spotted on the island st martin ... but there was lots of rum . fair enough !

oh wow congrats crayons! =D

as for the repacks, i'm glad hasbro does them since toys aren't supposed to be worth more than retail anyways. the "miss them and you're completely SOL cuz we don't do repacks" ML toybiz mentality is terrible as is mattel's "charge collectors up the butt for said collector items by intentionally limiting available stock".

Congratulations Crayons !!! Remember happy wife means happy marriage life :) trust me that works.

Also Doctor Strange wave is out.

I agree with noodlechow about the repacks. Hasbro is doing a good job with these by keeping the old collectors happy by acquiring figs they have missed and drawing in new collectors and letting them know that they can catch up with revisions.

Went out to check what was new. TRU had X-Men Comic Packs and the Giant Size X-Men Box Set 25% off, but I passed. Target had nothing new, but one of the Wal-Marts had Thor Wave 2! I picked up the Warriors 3 and two Fire Blast Destroyers. I don't really have a need for the Warriors 3 or the extra Destroyer, but figured someone here would be interested and I'm always willing to help out a fellow board member.

post-24007-1309791356_thumb.jpg

Wave 4 2011 has been officially released in the Philippines Last July 2, 2011.

Here in the Philippines, in order to prevent peg warmers, the whole wave is yusually sold in sets.

These are only available for distribution at special events, like the Dark of the Moon Toylaunch here...

Might be a blessing to some and s curse to others, me I'm just clad I could get my grubby hands on them...

here are my hauls...

2011-07-02194052.jpg

2011-07-02194617.jpg

2011-07-02194655.jpg

and from n a friend... (More ammo for customs)

2011-07-02194957-1.jpg

:D

picked up 2 crossbones from the disney store here in michigan today. They were nice enough to put them aside for me. I passed on the red skull, just not a good fig.... one of the xbones is up for trade, pm me if interested. i'll trade for a Destroyer, variant archangel, egg beater havok, ultimate iron man, or comic whiplash. Hit me up with a pm!

Where is that Iceman from? Is that the one from the upcoming wave everyone's complaining about?

Nah, that figure is the variant of Silver Surfer.

Theres a SS variant? First I've heard of it, let alone seen it.

Hit 6 Walmarts, 2 Targets, 3 K-marts and a TRU today. Saw lots of FO Torches, a couple of Hopeless Cables, And Just about every figure released up untill now. Seriously I even saw the first Cap from the line a couple of times. But no Dr. Strang wave, no 3 packs. :(

No new Thor figs, and only saw the Delux Hydra from the new wave of Cap movie figs. Probably 5-6 total, but didnt like em so I left them.

The only thing I did pick up was Thing in pants with white boots since I missed him first time around.

Where is that Iceman from? Is that the one from the upcoming wave everyone's complaining about?

Nah, that figure is the variant of Silver Surfer.

Theres a SS variant? First I've heard of it, let alone seen it.

Hit 6 Walmarts, 2 Targets, 3 K-marts and a TRU today. Saw lots of FO Torches, a couple of Hopeless Cables, And Just about every figure released up untill now. Seriously I even saw the first Cap from the line a couple of times. But no Dr. Strang wave, no 3 packs. :(

No new Thor figs, and only saw the Delux Hydra from the new wave of Cap movie figs. Probably 5-6 total, but didnt like em so I left them.

The only thing I did pick up was Thing in pants with white boots since I missed him first time around.

yes there was one as a pack-in.

that's the variant Silver Surfer that came with the Dark Galactus.

hasbro-galactus-variant-toys.jpg

Wow...wave 14 is officially in the Chicago-land area. Went to a random Target today and found 1 Skaar, 2 Scarlet Spiders, 2 Falcons, and a mess of Dr Dooms (seriously like 5). Unfortunately no Stranges at all (which I really only want).

I know I may get boo'd off this board, but I passed on all but a single Doom (being that I didn't pick up the 2 pack). I'm just not interested in another Spiderman (albeit a clone), Hulk's illegitimate son (although I loved the Planet Hulk story), or Cap's C list sidekick (but I may pick this one up eventually when I find it peg-warming).

And for that matter, I'm not crazy about this Doom either. I thought it was going to be head and shoulders better than the Comic Pack version and...meh...I guess it is...I guess.

I'm just happy they're released...can't wait to find Strange...A+ figure, and I haven't even seen it irl yet.

wave 13 and 14 have shown up in the Dallas, TX area. I went to three Walmarts and three Targets. I picked up Scarlet spider (standing upright), Cable without Baby Hope, Apocalypse, Gladiator and the darker Bullseye variant I've been missing. I even saw a Wolverine/ Cap comic pack that had the Joker in it instead of Cap? WTF is that all about?

Still looking for Cyclops, Skaar, Dr. Doom, Falcon, Dr. Strange.