3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Wave 14 officially here in Atlanta woohoo!! Went to a local Target after work and they had 3 Astral Stranges, 3 Skarrs, 3 Falcon, and 3 Scarlet Spiders.. I'm beginning to wonder if the regular Dr Strange is gonna be the "rare" one, everybody seems to be finding multuiples of him but not a lot of the regular version,,Well at least I got mine :-) OH yeah BTW found Cable with Hope here coupla days ago too !! good week here !

That gives me some hope for tomorrow morning's run. New shipments coming in at my TRU and Wal-Mart should mean more MU figures available, so I'm mildly optimistic that something will turn up.

went to Wally, Target and TRU today. Only picked this up from Target:

7bbd361d.jpg

what exactly are the differences in the Cap and Winter Soldier figures?

I know Bucky Cap has flat paint instead of glossy, and Crossbones has green pants and grey shirt instead of all black.

But how does that Cap compare to the other ones?

And is Winter Soldier black isntead of navy blue? I can't tell

I've been casing Targets all week in North Austin. So far all that has happened is two wave 13 revisions. No sign of Strange wave.

Target @Great Hills has at least 3 Cables w/Hope this morning. Apoc too. No Cyke.

Target @Ohlen and 35/Parmer had Captain America comic packs and 2-packs. none of which I like (I have all those figures as singles w/better paint jobs).

43a9c24f.jpg

Single card WS is navyish, 2 Pack is black, different weapons/accessories. Not sure what's different about Cap

8f7534c3.jpg

Crossbones single- Brownish Gray pants/Arms, light gray vest, green weapons; 2 pack- green pants, light gray arms, black weapons, black vest, different head

Bucky cap- same colors; single-metallic, 2 pack- matte

74d12602.jpg

Skull single- all green uniform with black accents/stripes, black boots, blue cube; 2 pack- gray uniform with red and black stripes, all black legs, red cube

Well that was a fun morning. I went to Target first, fully expecting to find nothing, and had to look twice to make sure I wasn't imagining things. They had finally stocked their pegs after six months, and there were at least three boxes of Wave 14 on the pegs. Another customer was there, talking on the phone with her husband trying to find out if he needed any of the figures. I interjected that he definitely didn't have any of these, as this was the first time the wave had been seen in the area. We got to talking about collecting, the hunting for figures, and the virtues of keeping toys carded or taking them out of the package. It was actually pretty cool to find out who my competition is when it comes to collecting, as I've never seen a scalper or collector in any of the store I frequent.

So here's the Wave 14 set I picked up for evilanimation:

post-24007-1310742974_thumb.jpg

And now for Part 2:

So I pick up the set, drive home, and check my e-mail to hear back from evilanimation. While I'm doing that, I notice another PM from Solid.Wii that he had sent while I was on my way back to my apartment. Being the generous guy I am (and not wanting to leave someone out in the cold), I drive back, hoping for the best and fearing the worst. Luckily, no one had bought any of the figures, only rifled through them and knocked a few down. I picked up one for him, one for trade, and left one for anyone else that stopped by.

I still can't believe there were that many Dr. Strange's available. There were at least six of them, and yet there were only 2 Skaars on the pegs. I have to admit that Skaar does look better in person, but Hasbro didn't hide the neck joint very well, and he looks weird with it sticking out.

So I got a great tip from a TRU employee when I went over there to order my DP/TM. She said that there's a truck coming with new MU stuff today and that I should come first thing because all of the collectors come quickly and often.

So that's exactly what I do. And low and behold...to my amazement...absolutely nothing. I even saw that same employee and asked her "what's the deal" and she's like "I guess there isn't anything new today"

...no sh!t

So I got a great tip from a TRU employee when I went over there to order my DP/TM. She said that there's a truck coming with new MU stuff today and that I should come first thing because all of the collectors come quickly and often.

So that's exactly what I do. And low and behold...to my amazement...absolutely nothing. I even saw that same employee and asked her "what's the deal" and she's like "I guess there isn't anything new today"

...no sh!t

LOL. Kinda got same from Target today. Asked what the deal was with no stocking MU and they said they are doing a reset end of month and will NOT be stocking any toys til afterwards...wtf.