3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

just a heads up but my target is clearancing some of those tech deck sets. primarily the $20 environments and those $8 modular build a park sets. the environments were redtagged at 5 and the modular stuff were at 2 bucks. someone bought the environment i'd been debating but it was 10 bucks at the time so whoever got it, good on them since 5 bucks is a steal =D ended up buying 3 more of those half cube modular ones in order to break up the look of my collection. if i hit another target, i'm hoping to grab more.

Hit up my usual Saturday morning Target and they restocked their pegs but no end cap display to be seen in either the toy section or the electronics department. There were a few Cyclopses, Gladiators, First Appearance Wolverines, an Apocalypse or two, and a Cable w/ Hope. No wave 14 to be seen, which is good since I need some breathing room after Tuesday on HTS.com.

Finally found some Hydra soldiers (non-deluxe) at Targets today. I tell ya, it was hard to leave ANY on the pegs. I wanted to build my army in one day.lol

Also found 1 GI Joe Skystriker at a Target (scanner said none in back too). And a lady was nice enough to pull out an entire display box plus another smaller box of MU stuff. Pretty much completely revision stuff that we've already got at least one of. But it was nice. We put them on the pegs for her.

Also went ahead and picked up Mr Freeze in the Batman Legacy line. I had passed on all of them before when I was by myself, but when the whole family saw it and thought it was cool and my oldest just kept asking if we were going to get it..... how do you say no to a figure the whole family likes?lol

Most stoked about the skystriker and the regular Hydras. Still don't have as many of them as I do the deluxe, but we're on our way now.

BTW, I have an old Cobra Night Raven that I was thinking about trying to make an XMen Blackbird out of. Any ideas on how I should go about doing that? I know, there's a custom forum. I'll post a question there. Just thought I'd throw it out while I was rambling. I've never really customized and I've been holding off putting it together and putting the stickers on until I came up with a good way to change it.

Also saw the Assasin's Creed stuff. Some were pretty cool, but I already spent about $100 on toys today so I thought I'd better pass while the wife is still cool with it all.lol

So HIT YOUR TARGETS today. (pun not originally intended, but it works)

ok took the Patriots out of the box.

and Captain America has some weird hip joints.

I don't even think he can move them it's like Wave 1 Hulk all over again.

is this a common issue, are all the Caps in the Cap line like this? It's putting me off of the line.

I really don't like them. But they do actually move once you figure them out.

July30.jpg

Picked these up today. Was very shocked to find Vision at Target. I didn't see any of those Marvel displays and I went to 7 Targets. The Cable and Thanos are up for trade. I'm interested in the following MUs:

Archangel

Electro

Hobgoblin

Thing

Ms. Marvel

Hulk

I have some other MUs I would trade for any of these. Message me if you have any.

Finally found some Hydra soldiers (non-deluxe) at Targets today. I tell ya, it was hard to leave ANY on the pegs. I wanted to build my army in one day.lol

Also found 1 GI Joe Skystriker at a Target (scanner said none in back too). And a lady was nice enough to pull out an entire display box plus another smaller box of MU stuff. Pretty much completely revision stuff that we've already got at least one of. But it was nice. We put them on the pegs for her.

Also went ahead and picked up Mr Freeze in the Batman Legacy line. I had passed on all of them before when I was by myself, but when the whole family saw it and thought it was cool and my oldest just kept asking if we were going to get it..... how do you say no to a figure the whole family likes?lol

Most stoked about the skystriker and the regular Hydras. Still don't have as many of them as I do the deluxe, but we're on our way now.

BTW, I have an old Cobra Night Raven that I was thinking about trying to make an XMen Blackbird out of. Any ideas on how I should go about doing that? I know, there's a custom forum. I'll post a question there. Just thought I'd throw it out while I was rambling. I've never really customized and I've been holding off putting it together and putting the stickers on until I came up with a good way to change it.

Also saw the Assasin's Creed stuff. Some were pretty cool, but I already spent about $100 on toys today so I thought I'd better pass while the wife is still cool with it all.lol

Dude, what Target had the hydras?

Well tomorrow will be my latest foray into a new shopping area. Hoping Macon and central GA lead to some good scores, but I'm not holding my breath. It'd be nice to come upon a few items on my want list, but I'm generally more interested in picking up stuff for those who can't seem to find things in their area (at least until all the new stuff comes out).

Big run today after work...finally found my Loki/Frost Giant. Also found a Target with the elusive "end cap" display, and can confirm it was chock full of good stuff. Picked up my Thanos there finally. Noticing a good amount of revisions out at most locations, though Thanos is my last standard figs I've been looking for in the older waves.

As a side note, Young Justice stuff is finally coming out, not quite 1/18th scale but might be as close as you get for some of those DC characters...

Went to target and toy r us nothing new , but this TRU started carrying MU again thats a good sign Unfortunately no sentinel , even at the back room. So i hit ross and marshalls for custom fodder and pick up build n brawl elijah burke for a custom head bishop and was going to pick up also a ROC Night Raven for custom xmen blackbird for $12 clearanced but a kid wanted it so I let the kid have it, im sure i'll find one again.

Dude, what Target had the hydras?

Sorry I took so long. We went back out and hit BG to see the Kinetix show.

I started to reply here and then thought you might not get to it before someone else. I pm'd you. Once you've checked them out feel free to post it publicly if you want.

So, before heading to Busch Gardens I realized my oldest son had completely ripped up his shoes. So we stopped at yet another Target for "shoes" and of course checked out the toys. They had the alternate Hydra agents - the comic version. And they had ONE alternate Red Skull. Snatched each, but there should be some of the agents; they come with more to a case than the Red Skull apparently. (also pm'd you about those too)

So today, we got regular line Hydra soldier, alternate/comic Hydra soldier, alternate green outfit Red Skull, the GI Joe Skystriker, and one Mr Freeze from the Batman Legacy line!!!

Oh, and Magus was kind enough to snatch me a phasing Vision which we have been missing around here (just completed the Paypal trans). My kids are pretty excited about that one so I don't think I'll be able to keep it MOC.lol We'll see.

Thanks HUGE thanks, Magus.

All in all a pretty dang good day. Also got some great pics from the Kinetix show at Busch Gardens. Probably put some up on Photobucket later if anyone is interested.

My TRU has the Sentinel's but says they can't sell them because they have a release date? Anyoneelse having this issue?

I haven't gotten into a TRU this weekend, but I've had that issue with previous waves of MU. One TRU about 20 miles north of us had stuff and we picked it up. Went to another TRU about 15 miles south of us and they said they had some in the back but it was illegal for them to sell them before the 15th of the following month (and it was like the 10th or 11th at the time!!!) A whole month ahead and they're just going to sit on them?

Did they at least tell you the release date so you could be back or do you have to keep checking back with them? And why is it that you could get it from their website if there's a specific release date? If it's in their system, then they should ring it up for you. just my not so humble opinion.

I'm not sure the Sentinels have a release date. If they did the employees wouldn't be able to just pull one from the back. I used to work at a TRU and last week one of the guys there told me that I probably wouldn't see any new figs for a while because they were just starting to do summer inventory. Maybe they are waiting until they get that all done before doing any resets to make room for the Sentinels?