3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

hmmm, maybe. but looks fine as is, just weird that they matched the cover instead of the actual comic. the set should really have included an astonishing wolvy which woulda made the set a whole lot more palatable. i passed this pack by on numerous occasions cuz i couldn't quite justify another random wolvy that isn't the astonishing one. a few bucks off makes it feel like i bought the SS alone with a nice accessory.

Just got back from vacation, went and did some hunting while in SC and found some 30th Joes, then today at home, since I was without power until about 3 hours ago (my houe was without power for 7 days from the hurricane), hunted around and found Moon Knight and Classic Ms Marvel. It is nice to be caught up. Now I see the new comic 2 pakcs are popping up and some new 3 packs - yikes!!! Need to hunt next week at lunch.

Finally found a falcon on the pegs but I had to leave him since I did not have the funds to pick him up right now. I'm kind of surprised that Skaar is one of the two of that wave that are never on the shelves, I thought at one point everyone said they hated the look of the figure? It would also appear that other collectors are buying up multiples of the Stranges to use as trade fodder since I have yet to see him, even though there are 2-4 of the other figures from the wave clogging pegs everywhere. Oh well hope to get some fundage doing yard work to be able to get a Falcon soon.

I have an extra Falcon, Doom, Scarlet Spidey (upside down), and Skaar (w/Skaar stand) that I didn't realize were extras till I finally started going through my vacation hauls. None of them are MOC material since the cards are all moderately bent. But they're okay for openers.

I'll just take them back to Wally or Target sometime if no one needs them; or perhaps I'll just hold them and see if someone still needs them a little later.

Anyway, PM me if you haven't been able to find them. They were all Wally finds so they were 7.97 + tax I think. If you're local I can meet you to save shipping, but then, if you're local you've probably already found them all.lol

In other news, Stopped at a Ross and found some of the RAH Joe's stuff that I hadn't seen before and some that we had but could troop build for only $4 each. Still no Marvel stuff at any Ross stores Ive been to though. Well, except Marvel cars, IM motorcycles and such.

I have an extra Falcon, Doom, Scarlet Spidey (upside down), and Skaar (w/Skaar stand) that I didn't realize were extras till I finally started going through my vacation hauls. None of them are MOC material since the cards are all moderately bent. But they're okay for openers.

I'll just take them back to Wally or Target sometime if no one needs them; or perhaps I'll just hold them and see if someone still needs them a little later.

Anyway, PM me if you haven't been able to find them. They were all Wally finds so they were 7.97 + tax I think. If you're local I can meet you to save shipping, but then, if you're local you've probably already found them all.lol

In other news, Stopped at a Ross and found some of the RAH Joe's stuff that I hadn't seen before and some that we had but could troop build for only $4 each. Still no Marvel stuff at any Ross stores Ive been to though. Well, except Marvel cars, IM motorcycles and such.

what kind of Joes did you find?

@ Wolvey,

I think there was a Scarlett, Roadblock, Duke, a couple Cobra Paratroopers, and a couple others that I don't remember and don't seem to know where I put them.lol I seriously need to figure out what I did with those. I just had them last night!

There were also a bunch of ROC junk for $4 each but we're not missing anything from that and there weren't any "troop" type figs. The main reason we can still find old Joe stuff is that we didn't start collecting GI Joe until Hasbro started the MU line. With Legends I always thought it'd be cool if Marvel stuff and Joe stuff went together since I had Joe's as a kid.

Some of the vehicles we've found at Ross were Lava Pods, Polar Sharks, Desert Rockslide (all of which I've never seen at retail before and they were only $9) Cobra Fury which I've only seen a few times at Wal-marts but at Ross was $12. They also had regular Mole Pods but I didn't even buy extras of those when they were clearanced for $7 at Walmart. The troops that come with the Lava Pods look much better.

The first Polar Shark I found didn't have the person with it, but since I'd never seen one I just asked if they'd discount it and they did. I found another one a few days later with everything intact, so I've got two with one person four about $15 or so. Not bad.

Funny thing with Joe vehicles and Ross stores is that they always seem to have only one vehicle except with Mole Pods and the Mech Suits. Those they'll have five or six of those sometimes. We've gotten each of those other vehicles one at a time, except for one instance where we found two different vehicles at one store. So you have to go to LOTS of Ross to get much stuff.

Found the revision case with the classic Ms. Marvel, Cable, Moon Knight etc. And a dr. strange was sitting on the pegs too with the rest of the wave. Passed on all as Ms Marvel's mask had a horrible paint job and the dr. strange (regular) had a bent card.

I wish i could pick those up but hoarding and getting trading might have been a concern.

@ Wolvey,

I think there was a Scarlett, Roadblock, Duke, a couple Cobra Paratroopers, and a couple others that I don't remember and don't seem to know where I put them.lol I seriously need to figure out what I did with those. I just had them last night!

There were also a bunch of ROC junk for $4 each but we're not missing anything from that and there weren't any "troop" type figs. The main reason we can still find old Joe stuff is that we didn't start collecting GI Joe until Hasbro started the MU line. With Legends I always thought it'd be cool if Marvel stuff and Joe stuff went together since I had Joe's as a kid.

Some of the vehicles we've found at Ross were Lava Pods, Polar Sharks, Desert Rockslide (all of which I've never seen at retail before and they were only $9) Cobra Fury which I've only seen a few times at Wal-marts but at Ross was $12. They also had regular Mole Pods but I didn't even buy extras of those when they were clearanced for $7 at Walmart. The troops that come with the Lava Pods look much better.

The first Polar Shark I found didn't have the person with it, but since I'd never seen one I just asked if they'd discount it and they did. I found another one a few days later with everything intact, so I've got two with one person four about $15 or so. Not bad.

Funny thing with Joe vehicles and Ross stores is that they always seem to have only one vehicle except with Mole Pods and the Mech Suits. Those they'll have five or six of those sometimes. We've gotten each of those other vehicles one at a time, except for one instance where we found two different vehicles at one store. So you have to go to LOTS of Ross to get much stuff.

Cool, I haven't seen TOO much 25th stuff lately but I have seen a few, between Marshalls and Ross. Mostly some RoC stuff. I picked these up a week or 2 ago:

a571f278.jpg

I normally pass but the were marked down to about $5-$7. The other Ross I went to had the Polar Sharc wave but I passed on those. For now. :)

Has anyone else caved and bought the cute little Marvel Squinkies?

My daughters collect Squinkies and I was shocked to see two separate Marvel packs.

They even have a Spiderman dispenser that comes with an exclusive Hobgoblin and Doc Ock. They’re cool if you're into Japanese super-deformed characters.

I might pick em up if the go on sale

Has anyone else caved and bought the cute little Marvel Squinkies?

My daughters collect Squinkies and I was shocked to see two separate Marvel packs.

They even have a Spiderman dispenser that comes with an exclusive Hobgoblin and Doc Ock. They're cool if you're into Japanese super-deformed characters.

I might pick em up if the go on sale

I picked them up. The two sets are pretty much the same except one set is clear.

The only advantage to this is the clear Silver Surfer makes a nice Iceman.

It is getting harder and harder to find Marvel Universe figures in the NYC area & NJ. I recently went on vacation to Ocean city Maryland and scoped out a bunch of Walmarts and Toys R Us and about 60% of the stores did not have 1 figure, not only that all you can find on the pegs for the Thor line is series 1 and for Captain America series 1 & 2, However each store I have been in has a full row of those damn Green Lantern items and all the boxes on top of the shelves in their overstock area are all Green Lantern!!!! But seriously, NOT 1 MARVEL UNIVERSE FIGURE????? (Oh Wait they all had X-men sets, including a Flatbush Brookly Toys R Us that had all star wars figures returned in the box set!!)

what kind of Joes did you find?

My T.J. Maxx had a set of 25th Anniversary figures come in (Scarlet, Duke, Destro, Gung-Ho, Roadblock, and Snake-Eyes). I picked up the Snake-Eyes to have a commando figure, but most of them were still there when I worked last night.

If anyone happens to find a extra ms marvel... can somone get it for me and ill pay for it.. ive been so sick that I haven't been able to go shopping and prolly wnt be able to the rest of the week.. thanks peeps.. I also have figures to trade to so let me kno thanks...

Classic one?

Yes sir and the reg ms marvel black suit..

Well Finally a find after about a month of disappointment, I found a Cap 2 pack with Winter Soldier, first time I have seen this on the pegs, of course no single carded figures in the store, and about 100 thor series 1 and maybe about 50 Cap series 2!!!!!

Need:

Dr. Strange Variant

Scarlet Spider (Right Side Up)

Skaar (Son of Hulk Stand)