3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Checked TRU before I went to work (mainly because the manager said they had a truck coming in). Nothing new as far as single figures, but they did have all three of the three-pack sets, including two of the blue Fantastic Four sets. I stashed one on the offchance someone needs it, but I'm tight on funds at the moment after ordering two of the FF variant sets from HTS.

Saw the Power Man/Iron Fist and Spider-man/Captain Britain two-packs at Target tonight. I have the Power Man/Iron Fist coming in from HTS and I'm not really interested in the Spidey/Captain Britain two-pack. They also had Deadpool and Taskmaster. Good to see some new stuff on the shelves.

Yep, so did I! Wasn't even planning on going to Target today, but I see why I always miss out on everything from Target because apparently today is when they stock their shelves! Also picked up a Carnage which I have never seen before...

wqtyxk.jpg

(Sorry for the pic, the only thing I have semi charged right now is my tablet and it takes crappy indoor pics)

So I went to TRU and almost fell over....after 6 months of nothing in the Marvel Universe (except the Sentinel, which has sold out), they put out a wave 15 revision pack (which was already picked through), an Avengers, X-force, and blue Fantastic Four 3-packs, and the Avengers light-up bases. I'm thinking the closer we get to the holidays, the more stuff retailers are actually willing to put on the shelves!

Ok i kno this has been said a million times on here but how do u fix a figure if both there legs come loose and dont stay on good.. i kno there somthin about hot water.. if anyone can let me know. Thanks

yeah heat up some water in a microwave, not scalding hot, just hotter than warm. like maybe a mug of water for a minute and 40 seconds. dunk the problematic thighs in but not too long. just long enough so the plastic gets a little pliable. then you can squeeze the peghole into shape and dunk it in cold water to speed up the cooling process. pop it back onto the hip to test it out and hopefully it stays on pretty well. the technique also works for bending parts back into shape if the packaging messed it up. essentially you're bringing the plastic back to "default settings" since they weren't cast all funky and usually it's the packaging that screws toys up by putting stress on parts for however long they were imprisoned.

good luck!

I don't think my area is ever going to get anything in, ugh. I gave up and grabbed a second X-23, Namor, Darkhawk, Dr Strange, and Skaar off ebay for about $60 shipped and I'm happy with that. If they do show up I'll pick them up to trade or something. I've basically given up on retail at this point. The worst thing is they actually sell really well here too, in NE Ohio, the stores literally go weeks with like 0-3 figures on the pegs though. It's beyond me.

TRU just got the new wave this past week here in Cleveland. Mayfield got 1 case and mentor got 4. Parma got 3, but good luck with that store as several employees collect, and the new figs never even make it to the floor.

I have never had a problem finding any MU around here between Wallys, targets and TRU's, but we do usually get them around 3 to 4 weeks after they hit on the coasts.

Hellseeker and I kinda look out for each other, but we can add you to the list if you want.

On a whim decided to stop by the local Toy R Us in Dallas and they had all the figures from the latest wave. I had already picked up Darkhawk and X23 last week, so I skipped those and just picked up Rogers. I really like the paint job that they did on him.

I'll probably skip the next wave, but I'm hoping to find the Bullseye/Daredevil pack next.

Good to see another Dallas person here!... Which TRU was it?... And have you come across the newest comic packs anywhere yet?

Wife let me snag the F4 pack, Power Man/Iron Fist and Spidey/Captain Britan comic packs from HTS yesterday.

Today, picked up Commander Rogers, Darkhawk, X23, Ultron and Namor at the TRU in Pontiac, MI today.

They had at least two more cases for all the Michiganders here.

All in all, an excellent MU weekend.

Still hunting for the Deadpool/Taskmaster Comic Pack.

Found a lone Namor at Toys R Us today. There were a bunch of Falcons, and the one Namor, so obviously the wave has breezed through my area and I totally missed it.

Namor is dope, though! I love the detail on the figure, like the way they sculpted anatomically-accurate soles onto his feet. They could easily have flattened that part of the figure like they do with people wearing boots, but instead they went for full-on feet. That was pretty impressive.

Found a lone Namor at Toys R Us today. There were a bunch of Falcons, and the one Namor, so obviously the wave has breezed through my area and I totally missed it.

Namor is dope, though! I love the detail on the figure, like the way they sculpted anatomically-accurate soles onto his feet. They could easily have flattened that part of the figure like they do with people wearing boots, but instead they went for full-on feet. That was pretty impressive.

Dude... Namor BLEW. MY. FRIGG'N. MIND.

I cherry-pick the MU stuff, but man... that one was a must have. Rocker-ankles?! WHAT!? (yeah yeah Cyclops too)

Went to Kroger and picked up a discounted Red Hand Ninja for $3...had a mangled card hook and some sort of food spillage, but figure untouched. Also in the discount bin was a starwars darth vader. In the regular isle i was surprised to find they had c ouple more figures at 9.99: Dark Ms Marvel, Dr Doom and Gladiator.

Same place I got my Dark Ms. Marvel. Kroger gets some good figs in.