3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Picked up the new comic packs of Spider-Man & Captain Britain and Power Man & Iron Fist at my local Target (Amsterdam, NY).

Plus picked up two of the X-Force and Fantastic Four team sets from my local Wal-Mart (Glenville, NY).

Picked up a lone Ghost Rider at Toys R Us Express (Colonie, NY).

Also picked up Ben Reilly and Carnage from the Spider-Man line surprisingly at another TRU Express (Albany, NY).

So it's been a good day so far.

2py9r28.jpg

Quite a nice haul for me!

Great, the FF is hitting retail. Where are you from?

It is Saturday he could have got it from HTS.com.

I thought that myself, then I noticed the messed up pricing stickers on the box. Maybe one of those West Coast shop things you guys have...Franks?

PS - I got the Abbey yesterday, thanks for the tip.

:profx:

Oh i didn't even see those..ya he probably go the from Scalp central...That Abbey is pretty cool, I actually joined up on the monster high fan page and have got a bunch of tips on finding figures....Ya and before the bashing begins you all can all suck it...hahahah.

...can you please PM me where to find a Abbey?

Found another Commander Rogers today after wearing ourselves out at the Legoland grand opening. Now I've got one for the kids to play with, one to keep MOC, and one to put into one of my "displays" fighting Hydra, AIM, Crossbones, or something. Or maybe I'll find another Maisto motorcycle for him to ride instead......hmmmm....which bike goes best with that figure?

Other than that, and finally finding a Hogun and Fandral for another boardie, we didn't have any Marvel luck today. But we can't complain. After spending all that money to go to Legoland, we really don't have alot for buying toys anyway.lol

Might be another week or two before we start the hunt again.

Another day at NYC Comic con with the new Magneto for 11 dollars. This city is great for figures. Been here 2 months exactly, so far I've gotten:

-X-Force 3 pack

Scarlet Spider

Skaar

Winter Soldier

Hydra Attack Trooper

Battlefield Cap

Thunder Crusader Thor

Sif

Silver Samurai vs Patch

Namor

X-23

Commander Rogers

Astonishing Wolverine

Magneto

since i've been here. It was only last week the X-23 wave hit, now the Astonishing Wolive wave has reached Forbidden Planet.

Funny scalper notes at NYCC yesterday.

After waiting for an hour to get in, I made my way right to the HTS.com booth and bought a few Hulks. Then I started making my way around the con to start gathering comics. Multiple dealers already had the Compound Hulk in their grubby little hands for $50! Fifty dollars.

I did not see anyone paying them for it, but had I, I would have told them right in front of the dealer to walk to the front and get it for $11 at the proper place.

All in all, I found most of the dealers pretty agreeable to negotiate slightly. I picked up a FF Toy Biz Super Skrull for $25, and that was the most expensive thing I bought. It's the kind that came on the single card with the proper deep purple paint job and orange/invisible/on fire arms as opposed to the blue ones that came in the ML 2 pack. But you could really only get fairly decent prices by haggling. Most of the dealers had MU for $15 and up, mostly up.

On a non-action figure note, I'm going to cut back on the titles I buy on wednesdays at the comic shop. I'll still get a bunch, but maybe 2-3 instead of 5-6. I got sooo many comics for .50 - $1.00 yesterday at the show that I have to pay 2.99 or 3.99 for on the day they come out. I picked up 200 issues for like $150. That's over a 75% savings. It really makes the most of your admission/parking which adds up to $100 if you're not getting raped every wednesday.

Got a dozen signatures too, that's always fun to meet the artists. Getting Thunderbolts' Ghost first appearance from Invincible Iron Man 219 signed by Bob Layton was the best.

Anyhow now I'm really straying from the Compound Hulk scalper stories.