3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

bigbudman,

I don't suppose you snagged an extra Storm Shadow for trade/sale? I've been really digging the look of the Renegades figures and starting to get them as more of a modern/alternate universe take on the line.

Sorry, I only grabbed one. I will be hitting a few more wallys tonight and tomorrow, so If I find another I'll grab it for you.

II also noticed on the Renegades figs that they look nothing like their artwork or the cartoon. These should be marked as " loosely based" on the Renegades cartoon. The uniforms are slightly similar, but not much, and they look more like the regular Joes in the sculpt than the first wave did. Not that I'm complaining, I really like these figs, but except for scarlet, they really shouldnt be part of the renegades line going strictly from a design sense.

My local target still has the same 3 MU figures that they've had for about a month and a half maybe longer. So I finally took one to someone to check if they had more in back, since the store has those crappy scanners that don't tell the customer. They said there were no more in the back but it showed over 40 figures on the shelves! I told them that they haven't had that many figures in at least 2 - 3 months so something is wrong. Either their count is off, or someone said they took them from the back room but they left them back there. But that would be why they haven't been getting anything new. They think they have stuff that's just not selling!

A great day for a haul! Went to two Wallys and picked up three Electros' :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: , a Guardian and and an Iron Fist. Then I walked over and found the new G.I. Joe figs. Got all the figs for $6.49 each on a price match to TRU's 2 for $12.99 sale.

I had to meet up with Hellseeker anyway to make a trade for the Robin/ Joker Arkham City figs (he needed a Two Face set), and he needed an Electro so we met up and did our trade.

This is just my opinion from having several Electros' in hand at one time, but I think it is the paint job that makes the mask look opaque, and not a "clear" variant. Even holding the fig up close (and next to each other) I find it very difficult to tell if the mask is actually showing the head through it, or if it is just an extremely good, slightly metallic shading paint job. Just my two cents as I am a MoC collector and wont be opening them up.

I then went to T.J. Maxx and found another G.I. Joe RoC Red Fang Ninja, and two City Strike Snakes Eyes :tongue: . This Snake Eyes is a bad ass figure, and I had never seen it before. Hooked back up with Hellseeker and hooked him up with the Red Fang Ninja (I already have three of these) and one of the Snake Eyes.

Are you looking to trade that third Electro? I have a Deadpool for you if you do...

I hated that movie with a passion.

The trailer was awesome and mysterious, the subsequent media hype was crazy, the online tie-ins were well-done, and then the movie was a total let-down. I've never hated a group of movie characters as much as I hated that group. Bunch of morons constantly running into danger rather than away from it, and the insistence on carrying the camera around was downright laughable (not to mention implausible).

If you want a great "giant creature runs amok" movie, go see The Host.

eh, I thought Cloverfield looked stupid. But it does look like it would make an excellent symbiote!

Anyone else live in an area with hopeless Walmart or Target? Both of the ones that are less than 2 miles from us are run by complete idiots and staffed by people who couldn't care less if the world were ending soon. The complete apathy from employees (especially at Target lately) just burns me up. It doesn't matter if I'm alone or with my kids, they just don't give a rat's behind about helping out customers. Just a couple weeks ago my son was trying to get someone to get some figures from the back room because there was at least one empty peg and the scanner said they had some in the back. The lady in the toy section scanned it with her handheld and told him there were no more. He looked at her funny and said that the other scanner said there were. She was obviously shocked to find an 11 year old who knew how to read the scanners, but she just passed it off and said that the guy at the electronics counter would have to help him. She's working IN toys but sends him to electronics to call someone! Well, that guys said he wasn't allowed to go back there so my son would have to go to the front desk to have them call someone in the back room. What kind of complete @$$holes give little kids a run-around like that?! Lazy, apathetic losers. I'm really getting tired of retail employees around here.

16590182[/url]']

I hated that movie with a passion.

The trailer was awesome and mysterious, the subsequent media hype was crazy, the online tie-ins were well-done, and then the movie was a total let-down. I've never hated a group of movie characters as much as I hated that group. Bunch of morons constantly running into danger rather than away from it, and the insistence on carrying the camera around was downright laughable (not to mention implausible).

If you want a great "giant creature runs amok" movie, go see The Host.

Eh, I hear that argument from some giant monster fans but they were about equal,Except the host liked showing the monster stomping around more and was more a dark comedy if you analyzed it.Both were viral marketed just one was more effective in the US.

To each their own, but I actually liked clover field more. I felt it did everything right that that crappy Godzilla American remake movie did wrong.

The monster looked different is all.

those a hole employees are everywhere. they dont want to help us man, u really think they give a crap about or hobby? lol. they want to milk that clock, not doing anything and they love it. they always say there are rules they have to follow. the same rules say employees arent allowed to keep merchandise intended for customers in the backroom for employees to buy like at toys r us. tru, employees i know personally keep things for themselves and not put in on the shelf. greed and ebay...

I think Evil is referring to that giant symbiote looking thing from Cloverfield. He had been debating it and apparently didn't get it when it was there.

I always ask myself "Am I going to be more disappointed if I get it and then find it later cheaper, or will I be more disappointed if I don't get it and then can't find it anywhere later without paying some scalper 3x the price?"

Lots of times I realize that I'll be more disappointed to NOT get it at all than if I get it and realize I could have had it cheaper if I just waited. But other times I realize that I won't be all that disappointed if I never get a particular figure - and THAT is a good indication that I shouldn't even bother wasting money on it in the first place - unless it gets clearanced and I just can't pass up the deal. (amazing how many "bleh" figures become "must-have" once the price drops to a couple bucks or so)