3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Stopped at a walmart on my way to visit my parents and was hoping to find the electro revision cases. Didn't actually see any single carded figures but did score a Fantastic Four Future Foundation set. They had a good 20+ GoTG sets also but already have that one so I passed on it. Also picked up 20 mystery packages of the mega blocks mini marvel figures from wave 1 and 3. Already have wave 2 :) hopefully I can complete 1 and 3 lol!

Trout, someone on here was saying they still haven't seen the white FF set at all. I don't remember who, I was just thinking I should go out and find another for them; but if you already know where to find it and want to help someone out I'm sure they'd appreciate it. It was last page, and I'm too lazy this early to go back and see who it was. Maybe after work....

yawn....

Yes, $400 was only a few short weeks ago I think. And if I didn't have 6 kids myself I'd probably drop that every month easily - of course, if I didn't have kids I'd probably leave alot more toys in the package too.lol But I wouldn't trade the title of "dad" for any amount of toys.

It definitely gets expensive though. uh, collecting I mean. obviously kids are expensive. ;o)

I posted that I have never seen the FF Variant in the NYC area, I have seen the regular sets, but lately it seems all parents are buying their kids MU because all stores have gone through everything including all pegwarmers. I am a little excited for the New Year stock ups!!!! BTW if anyone can get me a FF variant please let me know

Alright what i've seen in my location. I'm using canadian stores so if you never heard of them no worries.

Zellars on 8th: 2 Magneto's, 2 Icemen, 2 Absorbing man, Wolvey, Tony Stark iron man, Captian Rodgers, Skarr, Dr.Strange(regular), Falcon, Comic Thor, Namor, Just Underwear Namor, Xforce boxed sets, Avengers boxed sets, Sentinals, Galactus, IM2 Wave one guys that will never move.

Real Canadian Superstore(#1): Hogun, Asgardian Glow Odin, Thunder Crusader Thor, Secret Strike Loki, Wave one thor stuff, Deluxe Frost Giant, Deluxe Blaster thor(not the one that came with Heimdal), IM2 Movie stuff Ivan Vanko, yatta yatta.

Real Canadian Superstore(across town): Hogun, Volstagg, Laufey, other wave one thor figs, spiderman figs with doc ock, hobgoblin, S.S Venom.

Zellars in Lawson: Captian Rodgers, Absorbing man, Namor, Some Iron man figs from eariler waves, Lots of im2 wave figs(even the ones with the light up base), upside down scarlet spideys, the deluxe thor that was paired with heimdal

London Drugs: Dr.strange(regular), skarr, doom, falcon, apocy, also im2 wave one stuff that will never move.

Walmarts: Basically at Dr.strange wave. Its all they got. Stranges(all regular), scarlets(all upside down, i counted 4 at one walmart), skarrs, dooms, falcons, yatta yatta. I think one had a aim solider. Also they have avenger, xforce packs.

My Toys r us: One secret strike loki, 3 pegs of im2 wave one stuff, No marvel universe and the spiderman wave that shocker came in but both shockers missing. I proball missed some stuff but hey this was just off the top of my head of what everyone had.

Oh yes i'm in canada.

I got my 2 Metal Absorbing Man today in the mail. Of course, since I broke down and paid around $12 each for them to be mailed to me we'll all start finding it in every store on every peg. That's just how it works for me.lol

I can't remember if I mentioned that I got the QS/WM and DD/BE 2pks yesterday. But that's it for me.

Of the 5 Walmarts within about 20 - 30 miles from me, only a couple actually carry MU at all (basically the furthest of those 5) and only one store in all of them has the new Avengers gift pack. Like everyone else, the only reason I could see to buy it was the shield and that's just not enough reason - especially when money's so tight. I'm really hoping that since the TRU's "near" me (each one is about 20 miles away in opposite directions!) both sold most of their Thor stock, maybe we'll actually get some new stuff so I might be able to pick up Sif somedtime before my great grandkids are born. Neither one really sold much of the "deluxe" crap though so I'm not holding my breath to ever see the 2nd wave of that. Why the heck did they put so much Thor in wave 1 and hold Heimdall for a wave most of us will never see!?!?

And as if all the other people saying they want it isn't enough let me add my voice to the I WANT KING LAUFEY AND KING LOKI crowd too.

I've really got to see if my brother can start hunting for me. He's near Halifax. Any Cannucks on here that are close to that and might know where to shop? I don't think there's much anywhere near Nova Scotia really.

I posted that I have never seen the FF Variant in the NYC area, I have seen the regular sets, but lately it seems all parents are buying their kids MU because all stores have gone through everything including all pegwarmers. I am a little excited for the New Year stock ups!!!! BTW if anyone can get me a FF variant please let me know

Dude, I posted not too long ago that the F4 FF set was in stock at the TRU in Rego Park. Where in NYC are you? You should make the trip out here (63rd Drive/Rego Park on the M or R)...there's a TRU, Disney Store, pop-up stores in Queens Center Mall, and a Target. Plus all the discount shopping you can shake a stick at with Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Century 21 (not at all like the craziness in Manhattan!), and a Burlington CF.

I'll check for you this weekend when I don't have my kids. I still need to pick up a few things for Xmas.

I saw the white FF set at Times Square TRU maybe a week or two ago.

In the last 24 hours, I had my largest haul ever! Picked up: Astonishing Wolverine Spider-Woman Quicksilver/Wonderman Daredevil/Bullseye Honor Guard Joker/DK Batman

I found an awesome, non-descript toy and junk store in Astoria just blocks from where I live off Steinway, called Toys and Variety. They have all kinds of great stuff .

In the last 24 hours, I had my largest haul ever! Picked up: Astonishing Wolverine Spider-Woman Quicksilver/Wonderman Daredevil/Bullseye Honor Guard Joker/DK Batman

I found an awesome, non-descript toy and junk store in Astoria just blocks from where I live off Steinway, called Toys and Variety. They have all kinds of great stuff .

I realize that this is WAY off-topic for this forum, but any chance they have the Arkham Asylum Bane and/or Joker figs? I could kick my own ass for not picking them up at NYCC...

Out of curiosity, how much did you pay for the QS/WM 2-pack? I bought it off Amazon.com for the same price my Target charges for 2-packs so I didn't feel badly about paying $18.50 for it. That's the going price in the places I shop.

And, also, damn...there are a bunch of us on this board from NYC it seems...guess that shouldn't be *too* surprising...