3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Stopped in the local target on my lunch break...nothing new, however,they still have the WM/QS and DD/BE 2-packs, and I saw some lady buying an Iron Man/Thor, and a Spidy/Sentry 2-pack today! NICE! I hope they order more, and they get Sinister in for me!

damn! I haven't seen WM/QS or DD/BE yet... been waiting a LOOOOONG time :(

Any of you lucky buggers score this!?!? http://www.ebay.com/itm/260927610062?ssPag...T#ht_990wt_1396

I was watching it and totally forgot to bid on it D'oh. Well someone got a good deal!

wow.. that is way cheap. I thought I saw some go for like 150 a short while ago.

I wonder why it went so cheap.

I had one and got rid of it.. the best part of it is the box IMO. I think all of the figures kinda suck and there are much better versions out there

Stopped in the local target on my lunch break...nothing new, however,they still have the WM/QS and DD/BE 2-packs, and I saw some lady buying an Iron Man/Thor, and a Spidy/Sentry 2-pack today! NICE! I hope they order more, and they get Sinister in for me!

Where do you live, shortysben? I haven't heard of any other sightings of those comic packs at Target...

Any of you lucky buggers score this!?!? http://www.ebay.com/itm/260927610062?ssPag...T#ht_990wt_1396

I was watching it and totally forgot to bid on it D'oh. Well someone got a good deal!

Holy Balls!

wow.. that is way cheap. I thought I saw some go for like 150 a short while ago.

I had one and got rid of it.. the best part of it is the box IMO. I think all of the figures kinda suck and there are much better versions out there

I'd bet it's because it didn't have SDCC anywhere in the page. Most people don't search for 'comic con'. Poor seller, lucky buyer!

Where do you live, shortysben? I haven't heard of any other sightings of those comic packs at Target...

Holy Balls!

I'd bet it's because it didn't have SDCC anywhere in the page. Most people don't search for 'comic con'. Poor seller, lucky buyer!

or "Universe" :o

and Ben is from Indiana

I think part of it is that most eBay sellers do Buy It Now and jack the price up to its supposed "worth". Then it sits there for a year and no one wants to go near it. Putting an item up for action is the only way to find it's true value. An item is only worth what someone will pay for it. Although I do agree that seller probably just screwed up in this case.

I just sold all of my Palisades Muppets figures. People had some of the rarer ones up for $150-$300 for a single figure! I put mine up for action and they sold for $50-$75 which is probably closer to their real value. Also a lot of it was sold to Europeans since our dollar is barely worth the paper its printed on. So they can go a little higher without feeling ripped off.

Came home empty handed again. My Target and TRU suck ass. Neither have restocked since mid November.....and i keep missing the online stock.

Except for a few lucky stores and toy lines, stores don't generally start really restocking after Christmas until at least the end of January or at some point in February. Hell, you may not start to see stuff for some lines until March, especially non-Star Wars Hasbro items due to the 3-D Menace push!

I think part of it is that most eBay sellers do Buy It Now and jack the price up to its supposed "worth". Then it sits there for a year and no one wants to go near it. Putting an item up for action is the only way to find it's true value. An item is only worth what someone will pay for it. Although I do agree that seller probably just screwed up in this case.

I just sold all of my Palisades Muppets figures. People had some of the rarer ones up for $150-$300 for a single figure! I put mine up for action and they sold for $50-$75 which is probably closer to their real value. Also a lot of it was sold to Europeans since our dollar is barely worth the paper its printed on. So they can go a little higher without feeling ripped off.

I don't completely agree with this. People are often wiling to pay the buy it now price as well, making the actual worth the calculated average between the lower auction value and the higher buy it now prices.

In my experience, most of the auction sales end under the average value for any given item. Knowing that, I personally determine value based on the average price of completed listings for the item, minus 5-10%.

i bought a loose lot of MU figs months ago that had the original silver/black Warpath, unadvertised. got the lot for under $30. Warpath alone fetches that. the seller was unaware of Warpath's value and did not advertise it in the title, which would have garnered more attention and subsequent higher bids. i think the same thing happened w that Invaders set.

lastly, the set is good for completists and moc/mib dudes, but its pointless if you are an opener. Red Skull is fun, but not too long ago a boatload of loose Red Skull (invaders) were unloaded on eBay from China - then eventually CA Red Skull hit the ground running and as such invaders Red Skull (loose) value plummeted.

the term "value" of course being subjective.

WHOA!!

Lucky buyer.

I don't completely agree with this. People are often wiling to pay the buy it now price as well, making the actual worth the calculated average between the lower auction value and the higher buy it now prices.

In my experience, most of the auction sales end under the average value for any given item. Knowing that, I personally determine value based on the average price of completed listings for the item, minus 5-10%.

Yeah, from a seller's perspective, I almost never list things as an auction, because they always go for dirt cheap. I just look up the completed listings for "Buy It Now" listings and sell it around the average I'm seeing actually sell.

value is completely dependent upon the individual. If you sold an item for $150, is it worth that much? Some say, "obviously, because someone bought it at that price"; however, to someone else, that $150 was worth more than the item otherwise they would have kept the item instead. All sales are dependent upon one person valuing something more than the other person - with the exception of cases where we sell things "at cost" to friends. But that is becasue we value friendship more than the extra money we could possibly make from a htf figure. "normal" sales are based upon a difference in valuation. So stating any figure's value unequivocably is really pointless and an oxymoron of sorts. "It's worth X because it sold for that." "Well, someone was willing to give it up so they obviously thought the money was more valuable than the figure" capiche?