3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

@ Shockwave: I remember that ebay auction I saw it the same night you closed on it, remember...I thought about taking a nab at it, but I was glad to see it go to a board member!

You've been outed! Congrats, Shockwave!

haha. thanks Pete, Benny...

the Warpath came w/o knives, but i had an extra variant WP so he got his knives jacked. silver/black WP is my default on display with my loose collection.

i only have 4 MU MOC left: X-Force Archangel, Cable w Hope, X-23, and silver/black Warpath. everything else is loose.

picked up the thanos/warlock pack at my LCS for $20,going back later to pick up sinister/gambit,I didnt feel $20 was too much for these packs,its only around a $5 markup.

bro, $20? i'd pull the trigger on that deal myself. let me know if ur LCS has extras.

nice to see you pop your head in, Doom.

Well, as always my Walmart is still not carrying any MU stuff. They have the same 5 Thor figs that have been there for 5 or 6 months, the same 7 IM figs that have been there for about 3 months, and a few Spideys that barely turn over. No Joes either. worst Wally ever.

Till today... when they stocked the new Thundercats stuff. I picked up the 6" Cheetara, and the 4" Claudus and Panthro w/metal arms. Left Mumm-Ra and Lion-O till I get paid again - shouldn't be too hard to find later.

Still waiting for something good to add to my BBTS order before shipping my Dreadnoks/Marauders sets. Anybody noticed anything good lately?lol

really SH0CK?what are they going for more?I havent been in the loop with anything marvel in awhile,I was waiting for these packs actually.

$35 shipped on avg @ eBay.

$25 and up at LCS, from what I've read here and on ToyArk.

my LCS has one sinister/ gambit pack left at 22. They also have a metal abby, translucent iron spiderman and clear doc strange for 12 each.

really SH0CK?what are they going for more?I havent been in the loop with anything marvel in awhile,I was waiting for these packs actually.

my LCS has one sinister/ gambit pack left at 22. They also have a metal abby, translucent iron spiderman and clear doc strange for 12 each.

Best LCS ever. Mine blow for stuff like this. Can you get that translucent Spidey for me? I'd gladly reimburse all costs...

Hey busman, which LCS do you go to? I have two down here in Akron but they are strictly more for just books. I'm looking for one even if its in Cleveland that, not only carries some toys, but also has a bigger back log of books. Let me know man.

Target had a restock on one of the later Iron Man waves...with the drones, Stark Racing Iron Man et. al....haven't seen those much in the wild at all...some of those the first I've ever seen in the wild.

Freefall continues on the Green Lantern figs as well I see...on clearance at Target as Well as Wal-Mart...and on sale as well at TRU...a good time to pick up a few of your faves if you liked the movie even a little...

Went out to pick up some stuff for other board members and had an interesting conversation with the toy department manager. She told me that MU and GIJoe were in danger of not getting restocked due to poor sales, to which I countered that the new stuff sells out quickly and leaves old stock still hanging on the pegs. She then said that they tend to stock more if there's a movie coming out, which leads me to believe that it will be low on stock during the spring but pick up when the movie stuff comes in. She also let me know that there the toy aisles would be reset after this Sunday, so new stock would be put out then and old stuff would be moved out.

I also went to a Wal-Mart that hadn't stocked MU or GIJoe in over a year, and suddenly had a new case of each on the pegs. The MU was the same revision stuff, but I did grab a Lifeline and Airtight if anyone needs them. I then went to another Wal-Mart, and they had three cases of the new Thundercats wave if anyone was looking for them. Target and TRU were a bust, but TRU had a new case of MK wave 2 figures out. I'm thinking I might just use my coupons on a Reptile and random MU figure, as both would be half off regular price and that's too good to pass up.

yep i am excited for the new toy reset. glad i am not on it this year as it is completely flipping the whole department this year at my store. perhaps if i get time i will see if the new modulars are downloaded in our system. not all stores are the same of course, but if so i can let people know some of the new things and things going away. so we can at least get an idea ya know

Went out to pick up some stuff for other board members and had an interesting conversation with the toy department manager. She told me that MU and GIJoe were in danger of not getting restocked due to poor sales, to which I countered that the new stuff sells out quickly and leaves old stock still hanging on the pegs. She then said that they tend to stock more if there's a movie coming out, which leads me to believe that it will be low on stock during the spring but pick up when the movie stuff comes in. She also let me know that there the toy aisles would be reset after this Sunday, so new stock would be put out then and old stuff would be moved out.

I also went to a Wal-Mart that hadn't stocked MU or GIJoe in over a year, and suddenly had a new case of each on the pegs. The MU was the same revision stuff, but I did grab a Lifeline and Airtight if anyone needs them. I then went to another Wal-Mart, and they had three cases of the new Thundercats wave if anyone was looking for them. Target and TRU were a bust, but TRU had a new case of MK wave 2 figures out. I'm thinking I might just use my coupons on a Reptile and random MU figure, as both would be half off regular price and that's too good to pass up.

PM sent. :)

Best LCS ever. Mine blow for stuff like this. Can you get that translucent Spidey for me? I'd gladly reimburse all costs...

I'll go up and grab it tomorrow, as long as he didnt sell it today.

yep i am excited for the new toy reset. glad i am not on it this year as it is completely flipping the whole department this year at my store. perhaps if i get time i will see if the new modulars are downloaded in our system. not all stores are the same of course, but if so i can let people know some of the new things and things going away. so we can at least get an idea ya know

Yeah, it was interesting seeing which stores were going to carry which lines. The store that had MU and GIJoe didn't have either listed for their resets, and the ones that didn't have MU or GIJoe on the pegs did have them listed. The scary part was seeing three or four rows of pegs devoted to Green Lantern. That line can't die soon enough.

Hey busman, which LCS do you go to? I have two down here in Akron but they are strictly more for just books. I'm looking for one even if its in Cleveland that, not only carries some toys, but also has a bigger back log of books. Let me know man.

It used to be northcoast nostalgia, but one of the customers bought it recently and is in the process of changing the name, but the number is (440)442-1986. He has a ton of independent comics, recent back issues and toys; as well as the usual pull list discount and special ordering). Its at the corner of mayfield and richmond in lyndhurst. This is the primary one I go to.

As far as modern back issues go (in store, 80's to 2010), i would recommend (although I absolutely HATE the owners of both of these stores) Comic Heaven in mentor, or carol & johns on the west side of cleveland.

If you are looking for older, high end stuff, check out Northcoast Nostalgia in parma. Dave, the owner, has the largest collection of silver and golden age between chicago and new york, so if there is a specific issue you need, just give him a call. He used to own the store that I go to now. One of the nicest dealers I have ever met. The store itself doesnt carry alot of high end stuff, mostly new releases and recent back issues (but you will always find a great deal on reader copies of old golden and silver age books in the store, as he keeps about 10 to 15 boxes in the store just for that, usually 5 to 10 bucks each), but he can get anything you want as far as a specific issue as well as condition, and will bring in anything you are serious about getting and want to see.

cool haul for tonight. just got home from this<<< and got this autographed by Christopher Yost, co-creator of X-23 and writer of A:EMH.

6682742611_862f79b3ee_z.jpg

i wish his autograph was more legible.

Aside to that, nothing else is happening til resets down here.

Dude! That's so awesome! I'd love to do stuff like that all the time. Just too hard to haul MU around at conventions...