3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

New To Forum! Found/Bought Psylocke, Ages Of Thunder Thor, Shadowland Daredevil, White Suite Iron fist Last night at Target On W. Broad St, Columbus, Oh, *This Target is hoarding 39 figures that they won't put on shelves* Picked up Imperius Rex Variant at Grove City Walmart and Grey Hulk at Georgesville rd. Walmart a few days ago.

Passed on Iron Spider-man Variant at Georgesville rd. Walmart Yesterday and South High Walmart in Columbus has all their marvel universe figures marked down they have a few A.I.M. and Skrull and some peg warmers. But all singles are 5$, 2 packs 10$, and 3 packs 15$.

I hit stores all around Columbus actively, so i will keep people posted on what i find.

barokeXobama

Welcome! You'd do really well picking up those $5 AIM and Skrull Soldiers and selling them to the guys over on ToyArk. A lot of those guys are looking to army build at the moment. AIM soldiers are of particular interest, and are getting more and more sparse as we march forward in the Marvel Universe series.

Seriously, if you mention that you have access to $5 AIM soldiers over there, people will be contacting you very quickly. :)

whats up fellow collectors, i just recently found this sight and i am thrilled to have found what so far looks like my people. i look forward to chatting and making some connections on here. I live in florida and it is damn dry here right now, no stores are restocking but as things change we tend to get series long after the rest of the country has run dry so i might be able to help get things that yallmight have missed. anyway look forward to interacting with yall.

Welcome! (Always feels weird saying that when I'm pretty new myself...)

Picked up the DD/BE and WM/QS 2 packs today as well as the warpath variant that i have been hunting for a year at wal mart of all places. (they usually have zip in this town. I miss my old home.)

Which do you see as the variant? I've heard it both ways...

Sigh...it's officially been about 45 days since I've seen a single new MU figure. Congratulations retailers. You've succeeded in allowing me to NOT give you my money.

Don't lose hope. I've only seen 1 Target in my area that's gotten the newest wave of single carded figs (and i only managed to get the leftovers - still need Storm and Iron Fist). We're always last to get anything over here.

Went to my local TRU...saw that they put out a new case of 8" Thor figures...of course, no 8" Destroyer. Don't know what made me do it, but I started looking behind things on the bottom shelf and bam, there it was, an 8" Destroyer! I'm happy because I passed up on it when it was $13 on Amazon, and now I'm getting it free with my Rewards R Us coupons.

1685t95.jpg

New To Forum! Found/Bought Psylocke, Ages Of Thunder Thor, Shadowland Daredevil, White Suite Iron fist Last night at Target On W. Broad St, Columbus, Oh, *This Target is hoarding 39 figures that they won't put on shelves* Picked up Imperius Rex Variant at Grove City Walmart and Grey Hulk at Georgesville rd. Walmart a few days ago.

Passed on Iron Spider-man Variant at Georgesville rd. Walmart Yesterday and South High Walmart in Columbus has all their marvel universe figures marked down they have a few A.I.M. and Skrull and some peg warmers. But all singles are 5$, 2 packs 10$, and 3 packs 15$.

I hit stores all around Columbus actively, so i will keep people posted on what i find.

barokeXobama

Welcome! You'd do really well picking up those $5 AIM and Skrull Soldiers and selling them to the guys over on ToyArk. A lot of those guys are looking to army build at the moment. AIM soldiers are of particular interest, and are getting more and more sparse as we march forward in the Marvel Universe series.

Seriously, if you mention that you have access to $5 AIM soldiers over there, people will be contacting you very quickly. :)

I will look into this thanks for the heads up!

Came up on Dark Hawkeye today! Since Bullseye is by far my favorite Villain / Character this has officially became my new favorite figure.

Also won the Green Hulk from the 2 pack on ebay. Life is good!

Yeah, life is always good to the new collector...wait until you get like most of us waiting for that next hit to come and coming up short....that's when you truly know you're on this "Plastic Crack"

Came up on Dark Hawkeye today! Since Bullseye is by far my favorite Villain / Character this has officially became my new favorite figure.

Yeah, life is always good to the new collector...wait until you get like most of us waiting for that next hit to come and coming up short....that's when you truly know you're on this "Plastic Crack"

Yep. What he said. The PC can be a cruel mistress :tongue:

Yep. What he said. The PC can be a cruel mistress :tongue:

Know what you mean since I just had to wait 2 months almost to get the last wave released! It sucks that I have found the majority of figures i want in almost 2 months and now im already itching for the Beta Ray Bill from the next wave :(

I just finally saw Daredevil/ Bullseye & Quicksilver/ Wonderman comic packs at reatail in Target today. They were priced at $17.99? WTF?

Target raised their prices on MU single packs ($8.99) and comic packs ($17.99). As far as I can tell, it's a company-wide price increase. Wal-Mart has done the same. Sign of the times, man...

I just finally saw Daredevil/ Bullseye & Quicksilver/ Wonderman comic packs at reatail in Target today. They were priced at $17.99? WTF?

Target raised their prices on MU single packs ($8.99) and comic packs ($17.99). As far as I can tell, it's a company-wide price increase. Wal-Mart has done the same. Sign of the times, man...

They are doing the same at Walmart now as well.

Went to my local TRU...saw that they put out a new case of 8" Thor figures...of course, no 8" Destroyer. Don't know what made me do it, but I started looking behind things on the bottom shelf and bam, there it was, an 8" Destroyer! I'm happy because I passed up on it when it was $13 on Amazon, and now I'm getting it free with my Rewards R Us coupons.

1685t95.jpg

That thing sure looks shiny! Mine is much duller of a paint app. I wonder if there are two different paint apps at retail or if your pic just makes it look really silvery. Mine is definitel metallic looking, but a much duller gray in some areas up to that shiny silver in others.

Anywho.

Had to pick up some groceries at Target and they reset the entire toy department about 150 ft from where it used to be. They're converting to a "super" target supposedly.

Well, during the move they seemed to have discovered some of the MU that have been showing up in their inventory without ever being on the pegs. There was stuff from series one and two with the most pitiful looking packaging I've ever seen. One Iron Man figure from series one was so warped and faded looking I almost thought it was something new.lol I was like "wow, check out the new design over there! oh wait, that's just a really faded old figure"

So nothing new. But perhaps that crap will get clearanced or something and they'll finally get a new batch in.

Oh, and it's still only about 15 figs out of the 40 they show in stock. sheesh!

1685t95.jpg

That thing sure looks shiny! Mine is much duller of a paint app. I wonder if there are two different paint apps at retail or if your pic just makes it look really silvery. Mine is definitel metallic looking, but a much duller gray in some areas up to that shiny silver in others.

Anywho.

Had to pick up some groceries at Target and they reset the entire toy department about 150 ft from where it used to be. They're converting to a "super" target supposedly.

Well, during the move they seemed to have discovered some of the MU that have been showing up in their inventory without ever being on the pegs. There was stuff from series one and two with the most pitiful looking packaging I've ever seen. One Iron Man figure from series one was so warped and faded looking I almost thought it was something new.lol I was like "wow, check out the new design over there! oh wait, that's just a really faded old figure"

So nothing new. But perhaps that crap will get clearanced or something and they'll finally get a new batch in.

Oh, and it's still only about 15 figs out of the 40 they show in stock. sheesh!

Just found out that targets system tells them how many MU figures to put out and won't allow them to put them out until they sale a certain amount on pegs! unless it's promotional. one store here has 44 figures in stock and 3 on the pegs. and another has 30 in stock and 4 on the pegs (same 4 figures for the last 2 months) They have some odd collectible rule that i never knew of until this week.

Just found out that targets system tells them how many MU figures to put out and won't allow them to put them out until they sale a certain amount on pegs! unless it's promotional. one store here has 44 figures in stock and 3 on the pegs. and another has 30 in stock and 4 on the pegs (same 4 figures for the last 2 months) They have some odd collectible rule that i never knew of until this week.

If that's true, all you have to do is buy the last 3 or 4, and return them in a day or two when they restock from the back.

(Though I suspect that's not entirely true).

There's also some endcaps which commemorate the release of the Avengers movie toys that are supposedly showing up at various Targets. The apparent street date for the Avengers movie toys is Feb 27th.

If that's true, all you have to do is buy the last 3 or 4, and return them in a day or two when they restock from the back.

There's also some endcaps which commemorate the release of the Avengers movie toys that are supposedly showing up at various Targets. The apparent street date for the Avengers movie toys is Feb 27th.

I argued with a target floor manager about it for a half an hour! the night before they let me pull figures from their stock then the next day he told me that target has a very serious collectible toy policy I thought he was just being a lazy prick, but asked two other targets floor manager and they said the same exact thing but they were willing to make their customers happy and don't mind checking for figures in the back. Wouldn't post something about a person or anything else unless otherwise confirmed by multiple parties.

I argued with a target floor manager about it for a half an hour! the night before they let me pull figures from their stock then the next day he told me that target has a very serious collectible toy policy I thought he was just being a lazy prick, but asked two other targets floor manager and they said the same exact thing but they were willing to make their customers happy and don't mind checking for figures in the back. Wouldn't post something about a person or anything else unless otherwise confirmed by multiple parties.

No, their toy policy states that quantities of SOME collectibles may be limited to "assure an adequate supply" for other customers. So it's not a strict rule since "some" isn't defined by the corporation as a whole but left up to (mostly lazy) local employees to determine. And it doesn't say they won't get more from the back or only keep certain amounts on the shelves. Only that you may be limited in what you are allowed to buy. They do that with their supposedly great sales on sodas too though. They do have a policy. But it's not as stated to you and I think many employees either don't know exactly what it is or just use the existence of "a policy" to enhance their own laziness. Sad but true.

Our local store literally hadn't sold more than 2 figures in well over 6 months. They didn't know where their stock was located. Someone screwed up and somehow removed something from the back room inventory without actually putting it out on the shelves. Which is why we suddenly had some revision case from series two with a few series one figures in it. Their inventory must still be way off though unless someone got there ahead of me and bought some really old htf figures from the boxes those came out of. I'm just hoping that they'll finally get some reorders; though I don't know why since I already ordered the latest MU from BBTS for a little bit less per fig.

Welcome to all the new folks!

I'm still waiting for the Target endcap to find its way into my neighborhood.

I think after this wave, I'm going to have to start ordering figures on BBTS again. This waiting and not knowing if I'll be able to get my favorite figures (even if they're mostly repaints and kitbashes recently) is killing me.

No endcaps. No W17. No new comic packs. No Marvel Legends. Nothing.

But found this guy at my LCS: $9.

6758139909_4a9557f4a2_z.jpg

Welcome to the boards new guys.

Luckily TRU is holding steady with there prices: $8.5. It used to be the most expensive here, but now it'll be the cheapest soon. Oddly, there are two Targets that had temporary price cuts on MUs for $7.39 - too bad they had no worthwhile figures to pick up.

Also luckily found an ROC Destro at some far off boonies walmart this past weekend. He's becoming my new red skull with a head swap.