3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Just found out that targets system tells them how many MU figures to put out and won't allow them to put them out until they sale a certain amount on pegs! unless it's promotional. one store here has 44 figures in stock and 3 on the pegs. and another has 30 in stock and 4 on the pegs (same 4 figures for the last 2 months) They have some odd collectible rule that i never knew of until this week.

If that's true, all you have to do is buy the last 3 or 4, and return them in a day or two when they restock from the back.

(Though I suspect that's not entirely true).

There's also some endcaps which commemorate the release of the Avengers movie toys that are supposedly showing up at various Targets. The apparent street date for the Avengers movie toys is Feb 27th.

I argued with a target floor manager about it for a half an hour! the night before they let me pull figures from their stock then the next day he told me that target has a very serious collectible toy policy I thought he was just being a lazy prick, but asked two other targets floor manager and they said the same exact thing but they were willing to make their customers happy and don't mind checking for figures in the back. Wouldn't post something about a person or anything else unless otherwise confirmed by multiple parties.

No, their toy policy states that quantities of SOME collectibles may be limited to "assure an adequate supply" for other customers. So it's not a strict rule since "some" isn't defined by the corporation as a whole but left up to (mostly lazy) local employees to determine. And it doesn't say they won't get more from the back or only keep certain amounts on the shelves. Only that you may be limited in what you are allowed to buy. They do that with their supposedly great sales on sodas too though. They do have a policy. But it's not as stated to you and I think many employees either don't know exactly what it is or just use the existence of "a policy" to enhance their own laziness. Sad but true.

Our local store literally hadn't sold more than 2 figures in well over 6 months. They didn't know where their stock was located. Someone screwed up and somehow removed something from the back room inventory without actually putting it out on the shelves. Which is why we suddenly had some revision case from series two with a few series one figures in it. Their inventory must still be way off though unless someone got there ahead of me and bought some really old htf figures from the boxes those came out of. I'm just hoping that they'll finally get some reorders; though I don't know why since I already ordered the latest MU from BBTS for a little bit less per fig.

Strict enough that the manager said he can lose his job over it, and asked me who sold them to me "not a snitch"! But like i said in a earlier post that most managers do what is needed to make a customer happy. 3 stores all together saying the same thing on their policy makes me think there is some truth about it. Unless there is a GM or Floor Manager in this forum that says otherwise, I'm going to go by what i was told. But anyways I hope your stores mishap get's fixed, because that is weird that their system says they sold more than what they have on the floor without being fixed for 6 months. Marvel Universe figures are considered collectibles I know this because when i did Loss Prevention for Kmart when we had them in stock we had to inventory them, dc universe, hot wheels, star wars, wwe, and beyblades weekly. but if we had it in the back it was for sale as long as it was moved to the floor on a rmu first. Anyways hope you find some new stuff soon. I'm taking a break and doing my first custom soon, since i have had a hot streak and purchased over 50 figures in 2 months.

1 of the Targets in my area actually have little tags next to the price on "collectables" stating that employees are not allowed to go pull items from the stock room. Thus making this Target a complete waste of time as they only have peg warmers for just about everything I collect.

Yeah, Ditto. One of the Targets that I go to has this sign posted in the Marvel and Star Wars sections. I laughed to myself about it and kept walking.

If retailers kept their stock fresh and up to date, they wouldn't need signs like this. I know this is oversimplification of the whole retail process, but if I had product that sells out constantly, I would be sure to keep stock on the floor and not holed up in the back. If Clorox bleach sells out on the shelves because of a sale, trust me that they will bring more from the back.

Target and the backroom experience is shady at best anyway. My dad called a Target to see if they had any TV's left from an advertised sale. Target said they had 3 in the back. We got to Target and the people in electronics had no idea about the call and no knowledge of the ADVERTISED sale. They tried to bait and switch us with a lesser TV. My Dad finally got a manager and as soon as a manager was involved, the Advertised TV magically rolled out from the back stock room. If this TV is an advertised sale, why is it in the back room? Shouldn't it be out front?

It's stuff like this that make consumers like myself trust online stores more these days. They have the inventory, the price is about the same or better in some cases, you'll get the product delivered to your door, and there is no employee who refuses to go in the back and pull out the two cases they know they are saving for some absurd reason.

1 of the Targets in my area actually have little tags next to the price on "collectables" stating that employees are not allowed to go pull items from the stock room. Thus making this Target a complete waste of time as they only have peg warmers for just about everything I collect.

each time I see those signs I take them down and hide them. I think I only had to do it twice and they never found there way back again.

I advise you and all others do the same. The policy is moronic - "sure we have product and we have daily sales goals to meet, but I am going to go ahead and deny you the sale because I don't want to whip out my scanner"....

I am not saying MU sales will topple daily sales goals, but every dollar counts. What stores should do is have some product knowledgeable employees trained to work in these departments with collectibles - if not multiple employees than the supervisor at least. A store employee should be able to look at a "collectible" and make the deduction, "dang, I have a lot of these on the pegs and they have not moved for quite some time. Maybe I should look and see if there is any product in the back that I could rotate on the pegs, and put the pegwarming crap in the back, thus giving the chance for the new stuff to sell through, and then when that may or may not happen, put the non-selling crap back on the pegs"....

yeah it would take a little leg work, but it would also sell product.

This practice that brick and mortar stores have of not looking for product is pathetic. At the store I work at we pride ourselves on our customer service, we always offer to go look for product in our back room, or help customers find exactly what they're looking for. Grantited, it's food and it's easier to find certainly, but it takes probably the same amount of effort.

That's a nice haul man! I like that calendar, I'm going to have to go look that up!

This practice that brick and mortar stores have of not looking for product is pathetic. At the store I work at we pride ourselves on our customer service, we always offer to go look for product in our back room, or help customers find exactly what they're looking for. Grantited, it's food and it's easier to find certainly, but it takes probably the same amount of effort.

That's a nice haul man! I like that calendar, I'm going to have to go look that up!

It's given away free at comic stores every year.

It's given away free at comic stores every year.

If there was a(an) LCS close by, trust me, they would get my business any day of the week over the brick and mortar's. Lately, ive been doing my shopping online but alot of the times, im to late as online serves world wide vs local buyers and there is a sheet ton more people doing online buying!

California....you suck! Hahaha!

Welcome to all the new folks!

I'm still waiting for the Target endcap to find its way into my neighborhood.

I think after this wave, I'm going to have to start ordering figures on BBTS again. This waiting and not knowing if I'll be able to get my favorite figures (even if they're mostly repaints and kitbashes recently) is killing me.

Figures in BBTS really aren't that cheap. They're closer now than ever before, but still not that close. Especially the two-packs. BBTS kind-of rapes collectors on those. They're really not even as cheap as LCS'.

Surely must have missed the memo but IM2 figures are .76 cents. Picked up as many comic series figures I could find. Also finally got a Guardian albeit with bad paint apps.

Where is that at? Must be an extreme local sale.

I was able to find the Bullseye/Daredevil comic packs at Target today. If anyone still wants these, shoot me a PM.

@peteparker

It was in Long Island NY. Farmingdale Walmart on Rte 110. Coincidently I went to another Walmart and they in fact were not doing it. It may be exclusive to that store but the next one I go to Im going to show my receipt and see if they price match it. Either that or go to walmart without a receipt and exchange for the figures I couldnt get.

@peteparker

It was in Long Island NY. Farmingdale Walmart on Rte 110. Coincidently I went to another Walmart and they in fact were not doing it. It may be exclusive to that store but the next one I go to Im going to show my receipt and see if they price match it. Either that or go to walmart without a receipt and exchange for the figures I couldnt get.

Another trick that sometimes works if they won't price match is just to return what you want to the clearance store and come back and buy them the next morning. Sometimes you'll loose a figure or two in the time difference, but usually you'll get them all for the cheap store price.

unfortunately WM does clearancing on a store by store basis, so there is rarely uniformity - these gifts sets this year were an exclusion to that. The Super WM near me used to bang clearance stuff out the door with super low prices - now they dont. I asked the toys supervisor (whom I knew from high school) why they don't do it anymore and she told me it all has to do with each particular stores numbers and how much money they have to lower prices for clearance items. I think store shrink issues has something to do with the dollar allotment.

That said, I was at a WM last night in Niles, IN and you should have seen this stores clearance area. I kid you not the entire "outdoor" area that is in the store usually dedicated for Seasonal stuff was all filled with clearance items - even the walls were lined with hangers of clothes - and it didn't stop there! there were also two aisles in the store for clearance overflow! You would think they would try and really lower the prices on this stuff to make it move but the prices weren't that great. If this store doesn't start to really move some stuff they are going to have some big issues soon - aka like the show "Hoarders".

Unfortunately this said store looks like it is getting rid of the MU line :sad: oh well, i dont go there but 2-3 times a year.