3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Finally picked up my lone addition from this wave: Psylocke

And I gotta tell you...my expectations were so low from the original release pics that I think I kinda like this figure.

On a side note...what's up with Hasbro releasing so many duplicated/updated characters recently? I really like how AoT Thor turned out, but do I really need another one? Same goes for the 4th version of Iron Fist, Daredevil, and Storm. I understand the appeal of the new Iron Fist and Daredevil, but I'm happy that the new Storm didn't blow me away...I'm now satisfied keeping my Giant Size box set.

Finally picked up my lone addition from this wave: Psylocke

And I gotta tell you...my expectations were so low from the original release pics that I think I kinda like this figure.

On a side note...what's up with Hasbro releasing so many duplicated/updated characters recently? I really like how AoT Thor turned out, but do I really need another one? Same goes for the 4th version of Iron Fist, Daredevil, and Storm. I understand the appeal of the new Iron Fist and Daredevil, but I'm happy that the new Storm didn't blow me away...I'm now satisfied keeping my Giant Size box set.

I was thinking the same thing about that wave. Most of it was characters we already had and Patriot is essentially Bucky with new paint and a different head. Sadly, once I saw these in person I was an instant sucker. I had to get two of everyone except Thor. And after opening Thor (what? probably my 31st Thor? crazy!) I was wishing I had a second one to keep MOC. lol I don't like just getting re-issues instead of new characters, but if they're going to re-do people I hope they at least do as well as the did with these. I gotta say, these paint jobs are really awesome looking. Pretty much my favorite look of each of these characters now.

And I will definitely take a re-do of Black Panther as long as they give him the appropriate articulation, sculpt, and paint applications. That light-up base one doesn't seem to have much more movement than the original BP figure. Now THAT is a waste of a re-do.

Got my Thanos and Adam Warlock comic pack in the mail today. Thanos is much better with the new paint job, much more sinister looking. Warlock is a nice figure, not really anything special. Course since like so many comic packs I had to fix some QC issues that may be affecting my feelings towards him.

Finally able to load pics again so here's my haul from the last couple of weeks:

100_1078.jpg

Got my Thanos and Adam Warlock comic pack in the mail today. Thanos is much better with the new paint job, much more sinister looking. Warlock is a nice figure, not really anything special. Course since like so many comic packs I had to fix some QC issues that may be affecting my feelings towards him.

Finally able to load pics again so here's my haul from the last couple of weeks:

100_1078.jpg

lol, looks like your camera's flash was too much for Warlock. He's sheilding his eyes.

EDIT: or did you take that picture in your skivvies?!

My brother just called to let me know he found the entire Psylocke wave at a Target in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The best part though: two collectors came through the aisle while he was talking to me. (He said it was apparent they were collectors because of how quickly they combed through the Marvel Universe and Star Wars figures.) Anyways, they see my brother holding Psylocke and flip out. One of the guys tries to tell my brother a sob story about how his little cousin loves Psylocke (which makes total sense...) and offers to buy it from him for $5. He hadn't bought it yet, the guy basically wanted to buy the right to buy Psylocke from him. So, my brother is now $5 richer and a collector paid $12 plus tax for a figure for his "cousin"...

Good times.

Picked these up from my collector buddy. Got in a case of 17.2 grabed these 3 :)

And got twisted metal :)

1223778409_photobucket_134178_.jpg

A rev case of Wave 17?!?!? Most places haven't even seen the regular wave yet!

no new mu or avengers yet in my area, but i was able to get a target dude to grab the ML from the back. Got hope and ghost rider (red flames), the ones i wanted. Left the rest. And also on the way home stopped at half price books and scored secret wars 1-8 in pretty great condition. i was happy.

The Target in my area refused to pull the box of Legends out. He stated that the release date was the 27th. Between Wolvie's pictures of the box and your story, I'm getting pretty pissed about it now...

Picked these up from my collector buddy. Got in a case of 17.2 grabed these 3 :)

no new mu or avengers yet in my area, but i was able to get a target dude to grab the ML from the back. Got hope and ghost rider (red flames), the ones i wanted. Left the rest. And also on the way home stopped at half price books and scored secret wars 1-8 in pretty great condition. i was happy.

The Target in my area refused to pull the box of Legends out. He stated that the release date was the 27th. Between Wolvie's pictures of the box and your story, I'm getting pretty pissed about it now...

Ya i have no clue how he gets his cases? But yea i havent really seen any wave 17 in san antonio besides heb and that was one time..

Ya i have no clue how he gets his cases? But yea i havent really seen any wave 17 in san antonio besides heb and that was one time..

I went and asked the target employees to pull a ML case, and they had no problems with it. however, apparently targets are getting the wave 2 ML in as well, but are refusing to put them out because of a street date on them. Maybe that was the case.

you live in the mid west? i have only seen half priced books in ohio and indy.

Dooooown south, in Texas, to be exact.

You can find some gems in the rough.

you live in the mid west? i have only seen half priced books in ohio and indy.