3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Got a ultimate Thor and a movie loki to custom from my local target they pulled a case from the back,the rest of The movie avengers should be here Thursday from tru.com ordered Saturday and they shipped yesterday

See, I would think the Avengers boxes have the same Feb 27th street date as they did at TRU, so Target wouldn't pull them out yet.

But the Legends boxes don't have that street date, as far as I know. I went to another Target who showed that they had the legends figures this morning, and they happily let me buy the whole box with no problems. I'll be returning the majority of these to the TRU I originally picked them up from. Target's $14.99 price beats TRU's $17.99 any day of the week.

I kind-of want to just keep the BAF parts. Anyone have decent experience with re-selling Wave 1 Legends Loose? Maybe this isn't the best place to discuss that though.

I did hear that the revision case for Wave 17 of MU includes a TON of HTF's. Black Widow, Archangel, Havok, Kitty Pryde, Dark Hawkeye, Yellow Jacket, and more. Hawkeye and Widow make a lot of sense since they're both in the Avengers Movie.

Sounds like the spring is thawing the mighty river of new toy releases once again. That was a LONG dry spell!

Yeah and I have a feeling considering how fast the wave 17 revision 2 sold out online that the Havok and Archangel are the variants.

Which is good, that tends to bring prices down on eBay after rereleases.

Not to mention you might actually find them yourself on the pegs.

Aren't the variants produced first? Typically, I've seen the variants released to comic stores and early waves in a handful of retail outlets, and then the switch is made and they never go back.

Look at Metal Absorbing Man. That guy really only showed up at LCS who pre-ordered, and some of the TRUs who got the case in early. The rest of the time, he's always been Flesh.

You could also look at the Visions. Color vision was produced first, and in a low quantity, then the phasing vision was produced, and they never went back, even though it was included in multiple revision cases later.

The only real case against this theory is the recent Electro and Iron Spidey revision cases, where they actually changed the figure from the original to a variant in the first cases of the revision, and changed back to the original at the end.

Now that I really think about it, the fact that they never go back to the variants is pretty annoying. If anything, the revision case versions should be the variants again, since the variants were typically produced less than the regular version. That'd reduce the eBay prices on a lot of that stuff.

Yeah and I have a feeling considering how fast the wave 17 revision 2 sold out online that the Havok and Archangel are the variants.

Which is good, that tends to bring prices down on eBay after rereleases.

Not to mention you might actually find them yourself on the pegs.

The guy i get my mus from yesterday had the wave 17.2 revison case had reg havok and archangel was hopeing for the variants too..

Looking forward to 17.2 as I've never seen an Archangel at retail.

I saw an archangel ONCE. And it just so happened that there were two on the pegs, and both were variants :D

It's one of the few variants I still need to be 100%. I'm down to 5:

Straight Legs Blade

Matte Red Hulk

Glossy Phasing Vision

Death Mask Archangel

Doom NYCC Exclusive

Once I have these, I'll have every MU ever created, I think.

Didnt know there is a var. of Blade. What's the difference between the 2?

Just the pose

*SNIP*

All the questions on here are answered before I can get to them, lol.

Anyway, I'm not 100% sure the straight-legs Blade was ever released. I've never seen one up for sale. I wouldn't be surprised if the 'stock photo' was one that Hasbro put out before they produced the character, and he was never packaged that way.

I'd love to ask them if that's true. It would make hunting for it easier.

Had an awesome day. Finally completed my Iron Fist collection by grabbing the black dragon version at TRU. Now have them all (Comic Pack classic version, yellow dragon, black dragon, white/gold). Came home to both Iron Fist TPB's I bought on ebay arriving. Perfect timing.

I was intending on buying the first wave of Marvel Legends (I'm going to give them a try) at TRU also (they had the entire wave, non-variant) and now there's no evidence at all that they were there. I think I've learned my first ML lesson: If you see Marvel Legends, buy them. Because they don't stick around long.