3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Success! I went back to Target on the way home and found the dopiest guy in red I could find. I gave him the DCPI code and he came shuffling out with the same case from this morning.

This time I grabbed what I wanted and left. I only took Ultimate Thor, Thor, Cap, and Loki.

After examining them I have to say I don’t mind the few missing POAs. Movie Thor is the best sculpt of Chris Hemsworth., Ultimate Thor is favorite sculpt of Thor PERIOD. Captain America is awesome and Loki is incredible. His staff is intricately detailed. It even has a little cosmic cube in it. Even the pack-in weapons that are similar to the movie Thor are actually well done. I didn’t get Hulk or Iron Man because I’m sure they’ll be easy to find in a few weeks. Hulk is very small.

@Clam—I thought they were “meh” too but in person they really are excellent figures.

I am scratching my head at all the people looking for the Avengers stuff... I thought everybody agreed that they suck :)

but in all seriousness, I think I am going to buy the Ult Thor because I want to use his head on a LBC custom

Clam I wanted Ultimate Thor since we will not see him re-made in MU form, same with movie cap...but Hulk is crap, online he was crap....in hand at TRU he was crap...in hand at Target still crap.

Finally gave in and bought Gambit and Sinister from dorksidetoys, although I had to sell some stuff to raise the funds. Still came out ahead, so no big loss, plus I have the urge to list a few more things and clean out my apartment. I am also now completely up-to-date on every line, which is a pretty big relief, as I can cut down on frequent trips to various stores.

I also stopped by a local large-scale thrift mall in my area (Front Porch of the South) and picked up a bag of action figures for a $1.50. The contents? A trio of generic Wal-Mart soldiers, a Ben 10 Heatblast, 2 Star Wars The Clone Wars figures (Anakin and Obi-Wan), an XMOW tiger-stripe Wolverine, and a RoC Armored Heavy Duty. Not too shabby a deal for all that, plus I grabbed some random modern comics (including Heroic Age Avengers #4) for a grand total of just under $10.

And, to chime in, Ultimate Thor is totally bad ass. From the killer sculpt to the "hidden" knee articulation, I was pretty happy with how he came out. Do I miss all the extra articulation? Sort of, as wrist and ankle movement would have been nice, but, overall, he looks great with the rest of the Ultimate Avengers group.

You might want to start checking Kmart too if you're looking for the Avengers figs.I saw 3 rows of empty pegs that were about to be stocked with them.Even the shelves below had stickers for the QJet and other Avengers related stuff.However I don't know if they were waiting for the street date or what.......

If you need something at kmart they will pull it from the stock room! I did loss prevention there for about 2 years and they don't do street dates! they will sell you anything at anytime. next time you're in a kmart have a employee with a rmu check the backroom locator and they will pull the whole box.

just picked up this bad boy... he cost me a grip.

i think he fits well with MU

Why are people using a grip as a reference to cost lately? A grip is in all reality a reference to time! Like "whats up dude i haven't seen you in a grip".

A grip can mean an abundance of something or a long period of time.. Geez slang police on marvelousnews.com

The point was I paid grip for a hulk that I can now add to my collection, that grey hulk is rather rare & I have been waiting a grip to get one.. Lol

Why are people using a grip as a reference to cost lately? A grip is in all reality a reference to time! Like "whats up dude i haven't seen you in a grip".

A grip can mean an abundance of something or a long period of time.. Geez slang police on marvelousnews.com

The point was I paid grip for a hulk that I can now add to my collection, that grey hulk is rather rare & I have been waiting a grip to get one.. Lol

Haha I'm just giving you a hard time! I that was the second time I heard grip being referred to in that manner in two days.

I am scratching my head at all the people looking for the Avengers stuff... I thought everybody agreed that they suck :)

but in all seriousness, I think I am going to buy the Ult Thor because I want to use his head on a LBC custom

While loosing some POA is kinda lame, for the most part these figures are pretty good. Here is a simple review that I'm sure most people will disregard:

First off I have done a bit of digging and it seems that somehow I have come up with Wave 2 of the Avengers toys instead of Wave 1 like I previously thought I had. I am actually really confused as to how it seems that we collectors aren't on top of a official check list like we have with MU. But I digress...

Today I purchased 7 Avengers figures. I am an opener and I opened all but 2 because I am not entirely sure what is supposed to come out later. I will explain.

Here are the figures I got this morning. Please be advised I just got back from the bar so if there are any spelling errors it will be explained by my drunkedness.

Figure #2 is the Ultimate Thor figure. This is a decent figure other than the lack of articulation. He is pretty badass except the way they sculpted his head he is always looking down. It isn't even because he has long hair. He is just constantly looking down.

Figure #7 is the Concept Fusion Armor Iron Man. I picked this up because it looks cool but haven't opened it yet because I am not entirely sure I NEED it. It is basically the Iron Man Mark VI from the movies painted black and silver with a red arc reactor. The reason I haven't opened it yet is the lack of POA.

Figure #8 is Gamma Smash Hulk. I opened it because I am fairly certain it will be the only movie version of the Hulk released. It is actually really disappointing once you get it out of the package, mostly due to the lack of POA. Also the gimmick in this one is if you pull his arms up they are spring loaded and smash back down. I also don't like that he doesn't appear to be as big or as ripped as Hulk normally looks.

Figure #9 is Shock Strike Thor. I haven't opened this one either. This Thor is a movie version without a helmet but with sleeves. I haven't opened it because in one of the trailers I saw Thor without sleeves and I hoped to get a figure like that. In spite of that this figure looks really good. It is WAY better than the Sword Spike Thor from the Thor movie line (which was most accurate IMO). I may very well open this one tomorrow just because of that fact.

Figure #10 is Shield Launcher Captain America. This is the masked movie version of Cap in the Avengers. This IMO is the most impressive figure I picked up today. It actually has double knees. It also comes with a pistol that fits into a holster on his hip. The gimmick weapon is pretty lame, but his shield is pretty cool and comes with little plastic straps that actually get him to hold his shield on his wrist fairly naturally. The only downside is his wrists dont swivel.

Figure #11 is Fusion Armor Iron Man. This is the Mark VII armor from the movies and is the most disappointing figure in the line. This is because in the MASSIVE Iron Man 2 line I have gotten used to certain things when it comes to an Iron Man movie figure. These are all POA. This figure has single knees, no wrist articulation, no torso articulation, and the shoulders are one piece as opposed to the two piece deelies the IM2 line had. All they needed to do was take a Mark VI IM2 figure and add a MKIII upper torso from that line and they failed to do that. The arc reactor looks lame too.

Figure #12 is Loki. This figure is actually pretty awesome (if you ignore some of the lack of POA). If you collect movie figures and need a Loki get this one.

So yeah overall I am happy with these figures. I think Hasbro definitely could have added some extra swivels here and there but hopefully they make up for it with diversity. Hopefully someone bothered to read this.

lately? "GRIP" has been used as a reference to cost in California for at least 15-20 years or so that I know of. In fact, I haven't heard anyone use it very often for probably like 10 years. That's how old it is.

And I have NEVER heard it used as a reference to an amount of time.

BUT.. the same people who say "that costs a GRIP" say "I haven't seen you in a MINUTE" ... whereas "minute" somehow means a very long time lol

lately? "GRIP" has been used as a reference to cost in California for at least 15-20 years or so that I know of. In fact, I haven't heard anyone use it very often for probably like 10 years. That's how old it is.

And I have NEVER heard it used as a reference to an amount of time.

BUT.. the same people who say "that costs a GRIP" say "I haven't seen you in a MINUTE" ... whereas "minute" somehow means a very long time lol

we have always said i haven't seen you in a minute or grip! haven't heard it for a grip to be honest haha!

I can't get a grip on all this slang.

Wait until they start dissecting the different meanings of the word SWAG. :-)

Swag is not in my vocabulary! Worst word in the world. The only time that word has been awesome is when Michael Scott went to a convention and he kept talking about getting s.w.a.g. "stuff we all get"