3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Weekend haul:

Found avengers wave one. picked up only:

Super Shield CA

Battle Hammer Thor

Marvel's Hawkeye

What bothers me the most is the total i paid for it. almost $30 for three figures. sheesh. I'm passing by again tomorrow if anyone is interested in any other W1 figures.

Got a random another Prince of persia aksh 1:18 horse for $3, and picked up CA: Ult Nick Fury...he was on clearance.

Also saw WM/QS and BE/DD two packs at target. passed on them as i already had them.

I saw at least 3 of each of Wave 17 tonight at Target. It was the first time I have seen them in over a month. The first time I saw them was also at Target. So I have now seen them TWICE

I hope this wave was under-produced (which wave have seen before) and wave 18 is coming down the pipe. because if we still have to wait for wave 17 yo reach full saturation, then we have a long wait ahead of us for wave 18.... and I feel like we have barely got any new figures this fall/winter

Like Jason I picked up the Gambit/Sinister comic pack from dorksidetoys on eBay. At $24.89 it costs a grip but if you look through his items you might be able to find some figures you want for as little as $5, combine the shipping, and voila, everything works out to a normal price again. So why not? We'll probably have to wait a grip to find these on the pegs at retail. I'm just finding WM/QS and DD/BE now and I got them online 2 months ago.

dang, the last couple that sold went for a grip. (one grip = $110-$115). Glad you got it though. ML is still waiting for you! ;)

and to complete my collection all I need is:

Electro 025 - have 91391. looking for 01891 or one that begins with 0

Electro 025 rev. trans. arms and mask

phasing vision (glossy)- 5 digit stamp should be something like 92330

Archangel Death Variant 015

Doom (sub)

SDCC Galactus

Classic Color Sentinel

All Gigantic Battles (1st series)

dang, the last couple that sold went for a grip. (one grip = $110-$115). Glad you got it though. ML is still waiting for you! ;)

Doom (sub)

SDCC Galactus

Classic Color Sentinel

Yeah and I'm not a MIP collector so at least I was able to save a bunch getting a loose one! I still have a feeling he will get re-released eventually.

Doom (sub)

SDCC Galactus

Classic Color Sentinel

No joke about 4 months ago when i started collecting MU's i saw a regular vision on a peg! I had no interest in him and bought the x - force 3 pack instead (that was my first MU purchase) Kind of feel like a dickhead for not getting now that i know it is rare but in all reality i was never a fan of vision so im not to bummed about it.

Managed to grab the two slightly different Psylockes in a single swoop. These were from two different cases I suppose.

DSC_1681.jpg

DSC_1682.jpg

It's the return of the 5-head variant! I saw an X-23 the same way.

Yay just completed my collection thanks to a board member here! ^^

Woot! Glad I could help! :)

Weekend haul:

Super Shield CA

Battle Hammer Thor

Marvel's Hawkeye

What bothers me the most is the total i paid for it. almost $30 for three figures. sheesh. I'm passing by again tomorrow if anyone is interested in any other W1 figures.

Got a random another Prince of persia aksh 1:18 horse for $3, and picked up CA: Ult Nick Fury...he was on clearance.

Also saw WM/QS and BE/DD two packs at target. passed on them as i already had them.

$10 a figure is already hard enough. Add shipping on that and it's even worse. Poor movie lines, Hasbro really knows how to keep them on the pegs...

I saw at least 3 of each of Wave 17 tonight at Target. It was the first time I have seen them in over a month. The first time I saw them was also at Target. So I have now seen them TWICE

I hope this wave was under-produced (which wave have seen before) and wave 18 is coming down the pipe. because if we still have to wait for wave 17 yo reach full saturation, then we have a long wait ahead of us for wave 18.... and I feel like we have barely got any new figures this fall/winter

I started thinking about this recently and wondered if Christmas is a factor. My company all but shuts down for the whole month of December, and I could see the Hasbro factories shutting down to re-tool the machines before starting back up again. Maybe that's why we're getting a multi-month delay through the Winter...

Doom (sub)

SDCC Galactus

Classic Color Sentinel

Still looking for that transparent mask, huh? I've never seen more than one picture of it, so I'm laying it to rest as a one-time production issue. At least with the early production issues, there was a large amount of them made so you could reasonably hunt them down.

Saw a sub doom go up on eBay this past week... for $125. Let's all hope and pray that beast comes out soon and we can all get him for a measly $65, lol.

I think that Electro will just be one of those ones where I'll get it if I get it but still consider my collection complete if I never find it.

Ditto on that Doom. Just saw one listed though for $170 signed by Stan Lee! Not bad IMO

I agree although I made a custom unmasked Doom. Did the same thing for Nick Fury. They were both simple head swaps. I did order that X-Force Archangel though since my painting skills are lacking.

Weekend haul:

Super Shield CA

Battle Hammer Thor

Marvel's Hawkeye

Yeah, it's getting expensive. Just make sure you always keep those receipts so that when you see them go on sale to a lower price within 90 days you can get a few bucks back. I usually end up making it work with price matches too. i.e. I bought figures at Target, saw them on sale at TRU 2 months later, got a few bucks back at Target.

Welp, stopped by Target this morning to pick up a few things before work and ofcourse, nothing new at this pos location. However, there is also a TRU in the same shopping center which ive always stopped at aswell until today. Randomly, they have changed there hours starting today and don't open till 10am. (half hour later then they used to open) While that dosent seem to bad, I start work at 10 so now I can no longer check in at opening here....

FU CALIFORNIA!!!!!!!!!

I think that Electro will just be one of those ones where I'll get it if I get it but still consider my collection complete if I never find it.

Ditto on that Doom. Just saw one listed though for $170 signed by Stan Lee! Not bad IMO

Ah, that's the same one I saw, $125 is the opening bid. I didn't get the signed part until I looked at it again, and then I was like, "Oh, so it's signed by Stan Lee. Wait, why the f*&$ is it signed by Stan Lee?"

Seriously, what the hell is the point of having Stan Lee sign the outer box of this thing? Does that really add value to anyone? I'm not even all that sure that Stan created the version of Doom depicted both on the outer box and inside. After thinking about it, I actually believe that signature decreases the value of that box, since there's no good reason for it to be there.

Yeah, it's getting expensive. Just make sure you always keep those receipts so that when you see them go on sale to a lower price within 90 days you can get a few bucks back. I usually end up making it work with price matches too. i.e. I bought figures at Target, saw them on sale at TRU 2 months later, got a few bucks back at Target.

Words too true. Keep a careful and meticulous stash of your receipts. This month's new wave is next year's clearance bin...

Welp, stopped by Target this morning to pick up a few things before work and ofcourse, nothing new at this pos location. However, there is also a TRU in the same shopping center which ive always stopped at aswell until today. Randomly, they have changed there hours starting today and don't open till 10am. (half hour later then they used to open) While that dosent seem to bad, I start work at 10 so now I can no longer check in at opening here....

FU CALIFORNIA!!!!!!!!!

That's been the non-Christmas hours around here for years. They only opened earlier than 10 for the couple months right before Christmas and afterwards they went back to 10am again. Worse, some of them close at like 8:30 instead of 9 like most stores. But I've found one or two that stay open until 9:30 which is nice. No consistency though.