3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

So Avengers stuff finally started showing up in my area. Grabbed the Cap in updated outfit and movie Hulk and I've gotta say these toys are absolutely terrible in every imaginable way. Had to go through a bunch of them to find halfway acceptable paint apps, tons of gimmicky accessories and the articulation is 90's bad. Seriously, these toys are bad bad bad bad bad bad. I'd expect this kind of garbage in a McDonald's Happy Meal, not a toy that runs in the $8-9 price range. Get what you need to fill in the holes in your collection if you absolutely need to, otherwise forget these terrible figures.

Anybody see Skrull soldiers around lately?

Only in the UK trailer for the Avengers movie. They're onscreen for about a full second longer than the one shown at the Superbowl.

Seriously those things hung around on the pegs for a while, but those sales and clearances a few months ago made sure that every last one near here was purchased by a team builder.

Only in the UK trailer for the Avengers movie. They're onscreen for about a full second longer than the one shown at the Superbowl.

Seriously those things hung around on the pegs for a while, but those sales and clearances a few months ago made sure that every last one near here was purchased by a team builder.

we're calling those things Skrull soldiers now? :p

Darn. Never wanted more than one until all the Avenger stuff started coming out. They need to throw the Skrulls in a Rev case. On a seperate note why is the only Avengers line villain so far Loki?

16599993[/url]']

My Target restocked today with 8 full pegs of figures I already have O_o

They had about 4 Archangels but I already have one.

I will take an archangel with the best paint app MOC if you can get it. I had to travel to Tallahassee today for work and I picked up the Marvel Legends Blue Flame Ghostrider for anyone who is interested to trade for Psylocke and Archangel.

16600055[/url]']

16600047[/url]' date='Mar 6 2012, 07:11 PM']Anybody see Skrull soldiers around lately?

Did you get my pm? I sent my info

i just want Luke, Leia and Lando from the ROTJ figures. I had Lando and Leia in my hands the other day at Wally but they were not in the system yet. I was on my way to work and the geniuses couldn't figure out how to sell them to me so I left them

That happened to me twice. I just told them the price and they typed in "Starwars" and the price I told them. Apparently, they are not in the system at any Walmart and Walmart is taking their sweet time adding them in (or even caring to do so).

I don't understand why people are buying that Hulk figure. Let Hasbro choke on those suckers. Buy the vehicles so they know that vehicles will sell for MU. But let those Hulk figures rot on the pegs beside the GL figures from last year.

eh, to each his own I guess. I just don't understand why people are buying it and saying it sucks. You can tell that long before putting money into it.

Nope. Though I did run into two AIM soldiers at a Target this week.

I don't understand why people are buying that Hulk figure. Let Hasbro choke on those suckers. Buy the vehicles so they know that vehicles will sell for MU. But let those Hulk figures rot on the pegs beside the GL figures from last year.

eh, to each his own I guess. I just don't understand why people are buying it and saying it sucks. You can tell that long before putting money into it.

Completionists buy it to be complete, and people who collect movie figures have to have a movie hulk. Honestly they could have produced a green lump with a happy face on it and these two groups would have still purchased it.

So, why don’t they ever re-release the variants? I would like a variant Archangel. I’ve never seen one in the wild. They could have slipped in some Havok variants too!

Hard to say, exactly. But I suspect that they run the variants first, and then retire those molds. I also think that any mold has to be re-worked on a routine basis to continue using it, which costs money. So I would think they can't afford to re-work both versions at the same time.

The real question is how they decide which becomes the variant and which becomes the standard. For example, the regular Archangel is the normal, and the death mask is the variant, and they ran death mask short. Yet, Metal Absorbing man is the normal, and flesh is the variant, and they ran the metal short. It would seem to be counter-intuitive.

I started to think it has to do with which version is more expensive to run, but that doesn't make sense either. While Metal Abby has a more complex paint job, regular Archangel uses more material than the death mask and is a more complicated mold, so expense really doesn't make sense as a decision basis.

Makes me wish Hasbro's Q&A was still open. I'd love to find out how they make these decisions.