3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

My Walmart finally put the MU Sentinels back out on the clearance shelf (still $40) after missing in limbo since the Avengers reset. And speaking of the Avengers they've only managed to put out one case so far (maybe that's a good thing?) and today all of the old Thor and Cap single figs moved in to fill the empty Avengers pegs while the deluxe Thor and Cap figure were slashed to a mighty low $9 in the clearance aisle.

I did pick up a couple of Zombie Viper Joe's because for the second time my store stickered the pegs (8 rows!) incorrectly at $3.50.

(My Target put out a case of W2 Legends today. (It was the variant/Arnim Zola parts case.))

that zombie Viper is a good model for Hasbro to base a streching arm Mr. Fantastic

For anyone interested in seeing the difference between regular figures and the new ones found at Family dollar.

Yeah...when I read these were showing up, I thought they were just earlier MU waves that had been discounted; these are new sculpts entirely. I found a few just awhile ago at my local Family Dollar. They have five points of articulation, just like the older Kenner Star Wars figures used to have. In fact, they remind me of the old Mego Pocket Super Heroes; they're even sculpted in similar poses! I'm sure that's what Hasbro was aiming for, because the Spider Man I found looked as if he was sculpted in the same pose as the old Mego Pocket Spider Man. The only drawback is they're five bucks a pop, and I don't think they're quite worth it, unless you just want them bad enough to pay that. I probably would to get one for that if they're on a mint cardback. The Spider Man I found had a mint cardback, but I was broke, so I passed. But I can definitley see the appeal. It's just so surreal when a company like Hasbro makes a toy that looks and feels like a knock-off of their own product. (lol)

For anyone interested in seeing the difference between regular figures and the new ones found at Family dollar.

Yeah...when I read these were showing up, I thought they were just earlier MU waves that had been discounted; these are new sculpts entirely. I found a few just awhile ago at my local Family Dollar. They have five points of articulation, just like the older Kenner Star Wars figures used to have. In fact, they remind me of the old Mego Pocket Super Heroes; they're even sculpted in similar poses! I'm sure that's what Hasbro was aiming for, because the Spider Man I found looked as if he was sculpted in the same pose as the old Mego Pocket Spider Man. The only drawback is they're five bucks a pop, and I don't think they're quite worth it, unless you just want them bad enough to pay that. I probably would to get one for that if they're on a mint cardback. The Spider Man I found had a mint cardback, but I was broke, so I passed. But I can definitley see the appeal. It's just so surreal when a company like Hasbro makes a toy that looks and feels like a knock-off of their own product. (lol)

I believe they're the figures that are included with vehicles.

Not really worth $5, that's true, but it's nice to get them without having to buy or store the cheesy vehicles...

You think some people are actually like "Man I want that unarticulated Cap and Iron Man but I gotta buy that crappy vehicle..."? :p

That's funny. Actually today I was in TRU looking at this, and as crappy as the Cap figure is, it's the best likeness of Cap in uniform so far. Commander Rogers aside obviously.

We still do not have a good Captain America in his classic normal uniform. And this is after a whole Captain America line.

Dang it. I was thinking about this while looking at that rev case whether if it would have any "variants." I guess so.

The question is if it's worth it or not at $9+ a pop. Thanks PP.

You think some people are actually like "Man I want that unarticulated Cap and Iron Man but I gotta buy that crappy vehicle..."? :p

Lol, no. More like, "Ugh, there are figures from this line I don't have, oh well."

Oh, and heads up MOC completionists, Modular Iron Man has a packaging variant:

402aac0466156f044ae9d4af36236bc709eddf47_wmeg.jpg

are the paint jobs on those the same?

I believe they're exactly the same. The art is different though, it's altered beyond flipping and zooming. The head is more straight on the new one than the old one was.

That's funny. Actually today I was in TRU looking at this, and as crappy as the Cap figure is, it's the best likeness of Cap in uniform so far. Commander Rogers aside obviously.

We still do not have a good Captain America in his classic normal uniform. And this is after a whole Captain America line.

YES! What's up with that?!? If we're going to get a million versions of a character, can't we get their most classic version first? Bleh.

Dang it. I was thinking about this while looking at that rev case whether if it would have any "variants." I guess so.

The question is if it's worth it or not at $9+ a pop. Thanks PP.

That's always the question, my man. It just used to be, "Is it worth $7+ a pop." Lol.

I believe they're exactly the same. The art is different though, it's altered beyond flipping and zooming. The head is more straight on the new one than the old one was.

I think they actually are the same art work. Beyond the flip and crop they also rotated it.

Untitled.jpg

Yea, you're right. I didn't do the legwork to verify it, but I was poorly eyeballing it... :)

Here's the $5 Family Dollar Spider-Man in case you are interested. (..in a DX crotch-chopping Spidey...)

FDFDSpidey_front.jpg

FDFDSpidey_back.jpg

Some part of the completist in me wants these things because they are so odd, while the other part wants these things to die in hel along with the appropriate Deodato artwork.

But for $5?? Not worth the joke...??

so from Wave 12 then so far Spider-Woman and 2099 have not been changed...yet

also on WW Hulk they didn't change the art. Just the shield logo. Wierd.

That's right. I have to figure that they didn't see the need to rev the art, while a lot of these they zoomed in on the character. They are being weird though. No one probably cares except us.

Here's the $5 Family Dollar Spider-Man in case you are interested. (..in a DX crotch-chopping Spidey...)

*SNIP*

Some part of the completist in me wants these things because they are so odd, while the other part once these things to die in hell along with the appropriate Deodato artwork.

But for $5?? Not worth the joke...??

$5 for three, worth it. $5 each, not worth it. :(

Thought I'd post the first ever "non-sighting"....Didn't see wave 18 so I didn't pick any of them up...

Lol.

ha. i was thinking that we were referring the actual figure paint job.

But yeah...the card art seems the same just flipped and cropped into more.

I think they actually are the same art work. Beyond the flip and crop they also rotated it.

Untitled.jpg

Yea, you're right. I didn't do the legwork to verify it, but I was poorly eyeballing it... :)

Stopped by Wal-Mart and they had put out two full cases of the Quicksilver/Wonder Man and Bullseye/Daredevil comic packs. At $15.44 per set, I'm thinking I might pich up a DD/BE for future custom ideas, but I'm hesitant to do so since I keep putting off the customs I'm already working on. Anyways, if you're looking for those sets, check your local Wal-Mart. I've found them in at least two different Wal-Marts within the last week.