3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

I went to Walmart after work this evening and almost walked out with a ML Thor, but before I could I noticed there was this glaring smudge of paint on his chest, so I put him back, sadly. I did however find a Jim Lee Cyclops with an excellent paint job. I can't tell you how many times I almost bought that figure but didn't because of terrible paint apps. I also snagged an Avengers movie line Ultimates Thor and Hawkeye. Oh, and my wife also bought me the Thor Blu-ray, so I'm finally gonna get to see it at last. Then I'll be ready to see The Avengers. Aww yeah... (lol)

Here's the $5 Family Dollar Spider-Man in case you are interested. (..in a DX crotch-chopping Spidey...)

FDFDSpidey_front.jpg

FDFDSpidey_back.jpg

Some part of the completist in me wants these things because they are so odd, while the other part wants these things to die in hel along with the appropriate Deodato artwork.

But for $5?? Not worth the joke...??

The funniest thing to me is that the picture on the back shows him in the same double crotch grab pose that he is in the package. No "fantasy situation" caption needed for that pose.lol Kinda makes you wonder if that's the only pose he's capable of.

@ Grui, seriously? Three freaking Storm Shadows?!?! I know of two other collectors in my area so if I ever see multiples of him I know I'll have to pick up those extras too. Of course, with my luck I'll finally find him and grab the extras only to find they've already found him themselves.

Awesome find there though man. need my address? ;o)

You think some people are actually like "Man I want that unarticulated Cap and Iron Man but I gotta buy that crappy vehicle..."? :p

Lol, no. More like, "Ugh, there are figures from this line I don't have, oh well."

Oh, and heads up MOC completionists, Modular Iron Man has a packaging variant:

402aac0466156f044ae9d4af36236bc709eddf47_wmeg.jpg

strange how they still haven't given cyclops the flipping packaging variant since his chest piece is on the wrong side on the packaging art

I found this Storm Shadow that everyone is whooping about at Target today. Only after reading this did I realize it was so sought after. I bought it because the thing had hella weapons to give my hand ninjas some variety. The storm shadow figure itself is pretty damn sweet too with alot of possibility. I also have been cleaning out all the local Targets of Captain America vehicles that are on clearance right now.

Your sig just changed, Rhino. Does that mean you found Renegades SS? Or did you just get rid of the General Hawk figure?

If you got SS, do you mind sharing where?

I'm actually trading my extra SS for a Hawk figure, not the other way around. He was an extra one I got when I ordered a case from BBTS last month. The first one I found at retail, believe it or not, at a Kroger's grocery store not far from my house. Not sure if you're familiar w/ them or not. Paid $6.79 plus tax for him back in January. That's the gist...

yes, but getting less rare by the minute. He's finally being found everywhere

Good!

Joes are slow movers in my area, so I'm not sure if that gives me a better or worse shot of finding one.

I did stumble across a variant Electro today at a Target. I bought one for 15 bucks at a con recently, and kicked myself for it almost immediately thereafter. Today, because it was the hoi polloi Target, it cost me 10.60 after tax. I shouldn't have been so hard on myself earlier.

Anybody else order ML Wave 2 through BBTS? I got my confirmation earlier and then let my pile of loot shipped (had the Sinister/Gambit and Thanos/Adam Warlock 2packs in my pile of loot as well)

I did. But I cancelled yesterday since HTS had them $5 cheaper plus 20% off. I couldn't believe they were actually in stock, but I hit that order button quick and then cancelled my BBTS. Within 4 hours HTS had shipped too. Part of me wishes I'd kept the other preorder though since I might get variants through one and regular through the other. But I'll just keep an eye out at retail for whichever I end up missing.

I didn't have anything else in my POL anyway since I just got a shipment a couple weeks ago.

Why is it that all the Walmarts in the Bay Area are all barren with any new stuff in the toy aisles? Has anyone in San Jose or any underlaying areas have seen any Marvels, TFs or GIJ at all?

I bought some Zombie Vipers and some other wave 4 figs a few weeks ago at TRU on Cutner. I have also seen a few DD/BE come and go at the Target right next to it.

Anyone else score any extra of thunderball and madam maque.. have legends and universe to trade and moneys :) let a brother kno. Found a lone drax at walmart today... :(

I found an Renegades SS, Madame Masque, Thunderball, Drax, Maskless Daken, and Bucky Cap yesterday. Someone had hidden Fantomex already, as it showed up in their inventory but wasn't in the toy section.

I'm not keeping any of that though, I only collect MU. ;)