3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Every day I check this thread, hoping, hoping, hoping that someone will suddenly see the new MU wave somewhere or on some discussion board out of Hong Kong.

Yep. MU is looking thin on the pegs. Its going to miss the Avengers sales boost :(

You know, I realize I'm no toy exec, but I gotta agree with Prem1x. With the soon to be booming market for Marvel toys due to the Avengers' success, it seems like dropping the ball that Hasbro wouldn't want Avengers stuff, Marvel Legends, and even MU all over the place. That way whichever line was thin on the pegs consumers might turn to the other lines to get a Marvel "fix". Think about it, a kid sees Avengers, falls in love with say..Hulk and there's no Avengers' Hulk on the pegs but there is a MU one well...chances are he/she would probably beg for the MU one. I think it's a mistake, course I think Hasbro should have released wave 3 of the Avengers this weekend especialy with the way the movie was doing overseas and with the probability that it would do so here in the States.

I gotta chime in and agree with both you guys.

Every movie seems to have waves of random related crap, I see avengers endorsements on EVERYTHING but aside of Avengers swag,older movies, old warehouse toy stuff from previous films they seemed to drag their feet this time around with the new MU stuff, at least the ML stuff hit the stores for you guys that collect those...maybe soon we'll see wave 3 (wave 4?) Avengers stuff and the New MU figures.

Yep. Hasbro did miss this boat.

Pegs are almost bare at my targets. TRUs are halfway full, but i understand why.

Upside for us, that we'll at least see wave 2 eventually for avengers.

Every day I check this thread, hoping, hoping, hoping that someone will suddenly see the new MU wave somewhere or on some discussion board out of Hong Kong.

Yep. MU is looking thin on the pegs. Its going to miss the Avengers sales boost :(

You know, I realize I'm no toy exec, but I gotta agree with Prem1x. With the soon to be booming market for Marvel toys due to the Avengers' success, it seems like dropping the ball that Hasbro wouldn't want Avengers stuff, Marvel Legends, and even MU all over the place. That way whichever line was thin on the pegs consumers might turn to the other lines to get a Marvel "fix". Think about it, a kid sees Avengers, falls in love with say..Hulk and there's no Avengers' Hulk on the pegs but there is a MU one well...chances are he/she would probably beg for the MU one. I think it's a mistake, course I think Hasbro should have released wave 3 of the Avengers this weekend especialy with the way the movie was doing overseas and with the probability that it would do so here in the States.

I agree with Hasbro missplaying the Avengers hype in a major way. Out of all the movies Marvel has done within that last few years, this one has the biggest hype surrounding it, and the smallest push in terms of toys.

And let's just say that Hasbro's best-case-scenario comes true. A kid goes to the store wanting to buy a bunch of superhero toys. Unfortunately, there is very little to choose from right now. For the Avengers, there are only a few figures out, and for MU there is barely anything at all, and it has all been there for 4 months.

So the kid goes and what does he see? Captain America? got him. Thor? got him. Ironman? got him. Hulk? got him too. how about Loki? got one that looked just like him when Thor came out Mommy. Well, there are these other superhero toys right here, Marvel Universe. Mommy, I had all of those a long time ago.

Well kiddo.. sorry, I guess there isn't anything for us to buy.

I think they want to give the Avengers toys a chance to sell. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see MU stuff within the next month though.

yeah, I understand Hasbro not wanting to flood the market and compete with themself, but to me, they made a mistake there.

Like I said, there are barely any Avengers figures to buy. You got Cap, IM, Thor, Hulk, and Loki. So there are 5 figures so far. (yeah, there are Ult Hawkeye and Ult Thor, but those guys are shortpacked and less likely to be purchased by a kid).

Now, out of those 5 figures, Only the new Captain America and Hulk look different than the stuff that has been on the pegs for the past year because of the other movie lines.

So to me, Hasbro shot themselves in the foot with these figures.. not just with the quality of them (which is more likely to effect collectors than kids, because they are still good enough for kids), but with the selection too.

I saw a new pallet display for the Avengers at Walmart yesterday. It had like 6 shelves on it, and only 1 was for figures. The rest was hulk hands, quinnjet, Cap's Shield, Thor's hammer, etc. And of course, the figures were all wave 1 and 2. I thought the 6 inchers would be on it, but nope.

yeah, I understand Hasbro not wanting to flood the market and compete with themself, but to me, they made a mistake there.

Hasbro has NEVER not competed with itself.

I've been harping on this for YEARS. They don't coordinate anything so I think either A. the same factories that are handling MU are actually also handling Avengers and the next MU wave isn't even in manufacturing yet or 2. Hasbro needs to clear out old stock of MU before being able to ship new stock.

I had the chance to go to multiple TRUs today... each store had pegs and pegs of warehouse stock IM2 and Thor figs (I actually was able to get all the Warriors 3 figures today without any trouble). Avengers figures seemed to be at the same level they have been since they hit--a few Thors, a few Iron Man figs... an occasional Hulk or Loki (saw 1 Cap figure I hadn't seen before- hightech shield? or something?). It's kind of a disaster for a kid aimed line right? They'll see the movie today and want to get the whole team. They won't. So they'll move on or back to whatever they were into before.

I went to the big TRU in town earlier this week and aside to the big display in front of the store i was dismayed that they had pegs and pegs and pegs and pegs of the Thor and IM figures.

I sware they took all the pegwarmers from all the trus and brought them here.

Hasbro has NEVER not competed with itself.

I've been harping on this for YEARS. They don't coordinate anything so I think either A. the same factories that are handling MU are actually also handling Avengers and the next MU wave isn't even in manufacturing yet or 2. Hasbro needs to clear out old stock of MU before being able to ship new stock.

I had the chance to go to multiple TRUs today... each store had pegs and pegs of warehouse stock IM2 and Thor figs (I actually was able to get all the Warriors 3 figures today without any trouble). Avengers figures seemed to be at the same level they have been since they hit--a few Thors, a few Iron Man figs... an occasional Hulk or Loki (saw 1 Cap figure I hadn't seen before- hightech shield? or something?). It's kind of a disaster for a kid aimed line right? They'll see the movie today and want to get the whole team. They won't. So they'll move on or back to whatever they were into before.

I think they want to give the Avengers toys a chance to sell. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see MU stuff within the next month though.

Like I said, there are barely any Avengers figures to buy. You got Cap, IM, Thor, Hulk, and Loki. So there are 5 figures so far. (yeah, there are Ult Hawkeye and Ult Thor, but those guys are shortpacked and less likely to be purchased by a kid).

Now, out of those 5 figures, Only the new Captain America and Hulk look different than the stuff that has been on the pegs for the past year because of the other movie lines.

So to me, Hasbro shot themselves in the foot with these figures.. not just with the quality of them (which is more likely to effect collectors than kids, because they are still good enough for kids), but with the selection too.

I saw a new pallet display for the Avengers at Walmart yesterday. It had like 6 shelves on it, and only 1 was for figures. The rest was hulk hands, quinnjet, Cap's Shield, Thor's hammer, etc. And of course, the figures were all wave 1 and 2. I thought the 6 inchers would be on it, but nope.

That was SO disappointing! I really thought the new Walmart pallet would have new Avengers stuff to go with the movie....

Its just sad!

I went to the big TRU in town earlier this week and aside to the big display in front of the store i was dismayed that they had pegs and pegs and pegs and pegs of the Thor and IM figures.

I sware they took all the pegwarmers from all the trus and brought them here.

We got the same display. It would have been awesome if the Thor figures they pulled out of their asses for these were the Kings waves...

where is the best place to find the second wave of Avengers light stand figures, besides TRU? Is there any online retailer that has them?

They're on TRU.com now, even Black Panther, as far as I've heard!

CameraZOOM-20120507192437051.jpg

and FINALLY

daredevilNunchucksDown.jpg

DDComparison.jpg

VERY nice work, sir!

I can't believe I never noticed that headsculpt before: Dark Phoenix, Psylocke and Black Widow. Hasbro really loves that "generic woman" headsculpt don't they?

Yes they do, even though most fans of the series kind-of loathe the re-use of it. Seems like the least you can do with female characters is give them a new face sculpt... Hair is one thing, but the faces should at least be different!

Just found Venom, Ben Reilly and dr octopus from the Amazing spider-man line they are not as bad as people are saying, nice sculpts but limited articulation.

Where are you located, Primal? In the US? Where'd you find them?

I can't believe I never noticed that headsculpt before: Dark Phoenix, Psylocke and Black Widow. Hasbro really loves that "generic woman" headsculpt don't they?

Yes they do, even though most fans of the series kind-of loathe the re-use of it. Seems like the least you can do with female characters is give them a new face sculpt... Hair is one thing, but the faces should at least be different!

Just found Venom, Ben Reilly and dr octopus from the Amazing spider-man line they are not as bad as people are saying, nice sculpts but limited articulation.

Where are you located, Primal? In the US? Where'd you find them?

He's from the land down under, where women go and plunder...