3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

so now I'm REALLY broke after hitting TRU this morning...

picked up all the GI Joe Retaliation figs except Duke (I figure he will be everywhere once these hit more stores) and the Cobra Trooper as his card was torn straight out of the box :mad: . Also grabbed the Ninja Showdown and Ninja Dojo sets. They had the motorcycle figs, but I wasnt interested. no other vehicles yet....

I also picked up the Dark night 3 3/4 Bane (1 per case with 11 batmans filling out the rest. WTF!?! ...and I thought Hasbros pack outs were crap. :wacko: ). These are only $6, but only have neck, shoulder, hip and knee artic, and besides the generic front of the cards, the back is all print in black and white. These look like like they are already packaged for the dollar stores.

Grabbed the DK Movie Master Bane and Alfred. Case pack out on these are 3 batman 2 bane 1 alfred.

nice haul dude but seriously is Mattel behind the DK figures? 1 bane and a case of Batman....I remember that is how mattel crippled their Motu line, their old Batman lines and many more numerous to count....If it's not Mattel I'm puzzled, if it is They must refuse to fire the idiots that kill their toylines with bad case break downs, horrible articulation and terrible sculpts.

oh yeah. They are mattel. Who else who be that bad with a case pack out.

dang bigbudman, your TRU is like "street dates? I don't see no stinking street dates!"

Pretty funny you say that clam. when I walked in the isle the employee had all the street dated DK cases stacked up in the isle. I was talking to a local scalper and commenting on how they were street dated for the 27th. at that point the TRU employee turned to us and said " Hey guys, you want me to open these boxes for you? They aint supposed to be put out for a few more weeks, but I dont care." :wacko:

Needless to say, I thanked him, grabbed my figs (right out from the scalpers nose, literally. He was asking me what the pack out was on the DK figs so he could grab the short packs. I pulled the Bane out of the 3 3/4 figs and told him this one, and when he opened the Movie masters box we each grabbed three. he grabbed two batmans and a bane, while I snagged the alfred and bane. I then asked him if he got an alfred, I showed him mine, and the smile disappeared from his face.), and hustled of with a smile on my face. :smile:

Stopped by TRU during lunch and caught my first glimpse of the Dark Knight Rises line. Holy smokes were they awful! I thought the Green Lantern movie line was pathetic, but this time Mattel outdid themselves. 5 points or articulation? Crappy likenesses? Sloppy paint jobs? Check, check, and check. Bane looked ridiculous, but that's more a fault of the actual movie than Mattel's fault, but the countless repaints of Batman were terrible. It's hard to believe there are toy companies that would make such a product, let alone think that it would sell. Someday, DC fans will get good 4" figures, but it doesn't look like it will happen soon.

I also came across some of the Joe movie figures and had my worst fears confirmed: the waist articulation makes the torso look stretched out. I noticed it with Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow, but not Roadblock, so maybe it's just a design issue. In any case, I won't be buying either one (which probably means no Zartan either), so at least I'll save some money for other figures in the line.

yeah can anybody help out on a dollar General Snake Eyes and Storm shadow?

I use to have the original versions back in the day, I'd offer 9 bucks a figure plus shipping. Please? I'd reciprocate the favor down the line to who helps me.

thanks.

Hey, I know a couple of people on here are looking for the DG Joes. Im gonna make a run tomorrow and see if i can find any more. Any I find, I will let you fellas know and they are yours at cost or trade. Hopefully I can help a few of you out.

Went to the LCS and found that someone had traded in a vast majority of 3.75, so I looked through them all but only found Enchantress loose that was worthwhile. Also finally found the MS/G and T/AW two packs but for 24.99 each. Hopefully I can find them cheaper somewhere else and return these ones. But it was finally nice to pick up more than one new figure for once.

yeah can anybody help out on a dollar General Snake Eyes and Storm shadow?

I use to have the original versions back in the day, I'd offer 9 bucks a figure plus shipping. Please? I'd reciprocate the favor down the line to who helps me.

thanks.

Hey, I know a couple of people on here are looking for the DG Joes. Im gonna make a run tomorrow and see if i can find any more. Any I find, I will let you fellas know and they are yours at cost or trade. Hopefully I can help a few of you out.

Much thanks Brother.

Sue was back up this morning and I got her. Beats trying to find the variant set and getting rid of two other figs.

Got a link or auction number so that I/we can see for ourselves in case she comes up again. Thanks...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280883846308?ssPag...#ht_2780wt_1163

Listed as Invisible Woman and Sue Storm but Universe is spelled wrong so it may F things up. Price actually stayed the same upon re stock unlike Red hulk.