3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Nice find on the Hawkeye--I'm actually finding it not so bad buying from smaller stores and comic shops now. Their prices aren't all that higher than the larger retailers. TRU near me has all the Hasbro figs at 10.99 now.

I bought a single carded Storm at my local comic shop for 9.99. It felt like a deal!

For those of you wondering about that Chinese seller. He is legit, I've dealt with him before, as recent as within the last month or so. Bought a Spiderman Shocker for cheap and it was A OK. The reason these are so cheap is because they are most likely factory "rejects" and are missing their accessories like weapons/capes/wings and such. They are probably meant for the trash or to be remelted or something but he must be able to get them somehow, lol. Even though they may be "rejects" of some sort they are still pretty descent, but may have some minor flaws.

He may be "legit" but he's a jerkwad when it comes to shipping. I have like 15 items that were waiting for an invoice and when he finally sends it the total cost for shipping was the same as the individual costs. Who doesn't offer discounts on combined shipping?! You know he's going to put them into the same box and pay alot less for mailing them together, but he wants to charge me the same amount. prick.

For those of you wondering about that Chinese seller. He is legit, I've dealt with him before, as recent as within the last month or so. Bought a Spiderman Shocker for cheap and it was A OK. The reason these are so cheap is because they are most likely factory "rejects" and are missing their accessories like weapons/capes/wings and such. They are probably meant for the trash or to be remelted or something but he must be able to get them somehow, lol. Even though they may be "rejects" of some sort they are still pretty descent, but may have some minor flaws.

He may be "legit" but he's a jerkwad when it comes to shipping. I have like 15 items that were waiting for an invoice and when he finally sends it the total cost for shipping was the same as the individual costs. Who doesn't offer discounts on combined shipping?! You know he's going to put them into the same box and pay alot less for mailing them together, but he wants to charge me the same amount. prick.

give him 15 negatives lol

did any of the come with "free shipping"?

yes, but only two out of the 18 (not 15 as I said before) items. It's almost $80 worth of stuff and he's charging $37 for shipping! Almost 50% more to ship? And it's all Cars/Cars 2 and MU stuff, so nothing's really heavy or bulky.

btw, I just realized he's got Mattel as well as Hasbro junk for sale so it's not likely that he works at the factory since they're not likely manufactured in the same facility. I know both companies use third party manufacturing (so could therefore use the same company), but the items aren't at all similar and must come from different suppliers. So unless all of those items are manufactured somewhere near him, he's not dumpster diving. He might have a network of divers who work for him, I suppose.

I guess I'm stuck making the purchase since it's my own fault for assuming he'd combine shipping like everyone else with whom I've dealt. Definitely won't be giving him 5 stars on shipping costs though. Still hate that I had to commit to buy before I could get a price on shipping though.

no, the reason they are so cheap is because he steals them from the factory.

Is pulling them out of the dumpster REALLY stealing?

why do you think they are pulled out of a dumpster? has anyone ever heard a seller claim that he got these from the dumpster?

and even if they are pulled from a dumpster, I am sure that Hasbro intended for them to be destroyed, not sold on ebay to hurt their business.

I don't love Hasbro, but this kind of thing trickles down to us having to pay higher prices or missing out on figures down the road, or whatever. There isn't any way that its GOOD for the industry

It's good for my wallet.

I've bought plenty of figures from Chinese sellers on Ebay. Some of them don't even have a flaw that I can see and I pay like 7 bucks for a 20 dollars figure and free shipping too. Some of them are painted better then ones I see in the store.

I don't think it's hurting Hasbro too much but I don't care because these are figures I can't find and I don't want to pay Scalper prices from Ebay. The last thing I have on my mind when I'm buying one of these figures is, is this hurting Hasbro?

no, the reason they are so cheap is because he steals them from the factory.

Is pulling them out of the dumpster REALLY stealing?

why do you think they are pulled out of a dumpster? has anyone ever heard a seller claim that he got these from the dumpster?

and even if they are pulled from a dumpster, I am sure that Hasbro intended for them to be destroyed, not sold on ebay to hurt their business.

I don't love Hasbro, but this kind of thing trickles down to us having to pay higher prices or missing out on figures down the road, or whatever. There isn't any way that its GOOD for the industry

It's good for my wallet.

I've bought plenty of figures from Chinese sellers on Ebay. Some of them don't even have a flaw that I can see and I pay like 7 bucks for a 20 dollars figure and free shipping too. Some of them are painted better then ones I see in the store.

I don't think it's hurting Hasbro too much but I don't care because these are figures I can't find and I don't want to pay Scalper prices from Ebay. The last thing I have on my mind when I'm buying one of these figures is, is this hurting Hasbro?

Seconded...

nice find - another WM exlcusive?

what is the story on that Iron Man? and too bad it looks like Loki doesn't have his staff...

edit: NM, It is "arctic" Iron Man, though I am not sure what about him is arctic.... Must have felt the need to bulk up his suit of armor for the cold...

wait a tick.... those are all figures from the Captain and Thor lines (except for Iron Man).

So is the Iron Man an all new figure?

nice find - another WM exlcusive?

what is the story on that Iron Man? and too bad it looks like Loki doesn't have his staff...

edit: NM, It is "arctic" Iron Man, though I am not sure what about him is arctic.... Must have felt the need to bulk up his suit of armor for the cold...

wait a tick.... those are all figures from the Captain and Thor lines (except for Iron Man).

So is the Iron Man an all new figure?

I'm guessing it's a WM exclusive but I'm not positive, I got it from a secondary vendor but since it was with the regular 4 packs it I'm only guessing though.

from my recollection it was a Iron-man figure that we saw protos of but never made mass release before, and never seen that Loki at retail but it is the KIng Loki.

But I'm not the Iron-man expert.