3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Hello all. A friend of mine told me something and I wanted to pass it on. He recently grabbed a second Wally Avengers 6 in. Hulk, but he thinks it might be a variant. Where as the several I have gotten (and his other one) had black hair with green highlights, and tan pants; the one he grabbed last night has all black hair, and maroon pants. I'm not gonna see him till tuesday, but I will confirm with a photo when I do.

Thats all I need, an extremely hard to find variant of an extremely hard to find fig.

Variants?:

255511_401685029883848_329181424_n.jpg

The Dollar General Joe's are not 1 case per store! At least not yet. I visited 7 DG stores in my area and only 2 of them had a few. Just yesterday I showed a clerk a cell photo of the packaging at a store about 7 miles away and she said she has never seen those!

Yea, none of the Dollar Generals in Albuquerque are carrying these...

Hello all. A friend of mine told me something and I wanted to pass it on. He recently grabbed a second Wally Avengers 6 in. Hulk, but he thinks it might be a variant. Where as the several I have gotten (and his other one) had black hair with green highlights, and tan pants; the one he grabbed last night has all black hair, and maroon pants. I'm not gonna see him till tuesday, but I will confirm with a photo when I do.

Thats all I need, an extremely hard to find variant of an extremely hard to find fig.

Variants?:

255511_401685029883848_329181424_n.jpg

The Dollar General Joe's are not 1 case per store! At least not yet. I visited 7 DG stores in my area and only 2 of them had a few. Just yesterday I showed a clerk a cell photo of the packaging at a store about 7 miles away and she said she has never seen those!

Yea, none of the Dollar Generals in Albuquerque are carrying these...

SORRY THE OTHER 2 LOOK PAINTED.. IMA SAY FAKE

BUT COOL CUSTOMS

My first inclination is to agree that they are probably fakes. But honestly, they look well done enough that if I saw them in the store I'd plop down retail price to get them. Only problem I see is with Gray Hulk's gray pants blending right in with the rest of him.

So if someone customized and repacked that for some reason, I hope they drop one off at a store near me. But seriously, why go through all the trouble of repainting those just to put them back on the shelf......

...unless they did a few others to sell on Ebay and they're counting on this as publicity hoping that some collector would find it and post it somewhere creating demand. If so, not a very good marketing scheme.

My first inclination is to agree that they are probably fakes. But honestly, they look well done enough that if I saw them in the store I'd plop down retail price to get them. Only problem I see is with Gray Hulk's gray pants blending right in with the rest of him.

So if someone customized and repacked that for some reason, I hope they drop one off at a store near me. But seriously, why go through all the trouble of repainting those just to put them back on the shelf......

...unless they did a few others to sell on Ebay and they're counting on this as publicity hoping that some collector would find it and post it somewhere creating demand. If so, not a very good marketing scheme.

not "fakes", customs. Posted on a customizers page on facebook. He's one of the ones who does custom MU's with matching cards and backings

Went to Wal-Mart after work and just missed out on Black Widow, but did manage to pick up two Skrull Soldiers (one for me, and one I'm undecided on). Kicking myself because I wanted to go there in the morning, but the rain delayed me long enough that I had to go straight to work.

I then went to another Wal-Mart and the same thing happened: no Black Widow but Skrull Soldiers on the pegs. I left the Skrull Soldiers there, but did see the Avengers 4-Packs for the first time. I was jonesing for a new MU figure, so I picked up the one with the new sculpt Hulk.

When I got home, Hulk was the first (and only) figure I took out, and I immediately compared him to the Marvel Legends Showdown Hulk (the only MU-size Hulk in my collection) and was disappointed. Not only was the new Hulk smaller than the MLS one, but he also had this weird articulation cut between the arm and hand that had his fist constantly turned up. It looked painful and made no sense since it made his forearm much shorter than it should be. The MLS one is still superior in sculpt, colors, and articulation, so I'll just keep waiting for Hasbro to get it right.

So needless to say, I'm returning the set and passing on not only the single-pack Hulk, but also the upcoming Red Hulk since it uses the same mold. I'm lucky enough that I can go pick up the old Red Hulk to replace the one I traded, but I'm glad I didn't shell out money for the one Hulk that popped up on eBay recently. I'd have been pissed wasting that much money and then finding all the flaws when it arrived.

Well, when they do arrive, the figures have been one set per store, so if someone buys just one of the six, you have to go check another Dollar General for the one that got sold. It's the stupidest case assortment I've ever seen (even by Hasbro standards).

Went to Wal-Mart after work and just missed out on Black Widow, but did manage to pick up two Skrull Soldiers (one for me, and one I'm undecided on). Kicking myself because I wanted to go there in the morning, but the rain delayed me long enough that I had to go straight to work.

I then went to another Wal-Mart and the same thing happened: no Black Widow but Skrull Soldiers on the pegs. I left the Skrull Soldiers there, but did see the Avengers 4-Packs for the first time. I was jonesing for a new MU figure, so I picked up the one with the new sculpt Hulk.

When I got home, Hulk was the first (and only) figure I took out, and I immediately compared him to the Marvel Legends Showdown Hulk (the only MU-size Hulk in my collection) and was disappointed. Not only was the new Hulk smaller than the MLS one, but he also had this weird articulation cut between the arm and hand that had his fist constantly turned up. It looked painful and made no sense since it made his forearm much shorter than it should be. The MLS one is still superior in sculpt, colors, and articulation, so I'll just keep waiting for Hasbro to get it right.

So needless to say, I'm returning the set and passing on not only the single-pack Hulk, but also the upcoming Red Hulk since it uses the same mold. I'm lucky enough that I can go pick up the old Red Hulk to replace the one I traded, but I'm glad I didn't shell out money for the one Hulk that popped up on eBay recently. I'd have pissed wasting that much money and then finding all the flaws when it arrived.

So...You'll be returning the set you opened?

So needless to say, I'm returning the set and passing on not only the single-pack Hulk, but also the upcoming Red Hulk since it uses the same mold. I'm lucky enough that I can go pick up the old Red Hulk to replace the one I traded, but I'm glad I didn't shell out money for the one Hulk that popped up on eBay recently. I'd have pissed wasting that much money and then finding all the flaws when it arrived.

After that long rant, the short answer is yes. The set is only sealed with a piece of tape, so I just put everything back in and re-applied the tape.

I'm totally dissapointed with all the MU hulks. The new one in the 4 pack is better, but still undersized as hulk isn't. It's all about brute size when it comes to the Hulk.

Speaking of. I found this repack at one my WMs:

7179037391_8e9e6a70d2_b.jpg

Forshame.

Also, if you're going to take the hulk and loki, they should have replaced the hawkeye also with something ridiculous.

So needless to say, I'm returning the set and passing on not only the single-pack Hulk, but also the upcoming Red Hulk since it uses the same mold. I'm lucky enough that I can go pick up the old Red Hulk to replace the one I traded, but I'm glad I didn't shell out money for the one Hulk that popped up on eBay recently. I'd have been pissed wasting that much money and then finding all the flaws when it arrived.

is something wrong with that?

maybe not

So if wave 18 is july/august is it safe to say wave 19 is sept/oct?

Hard to say for sure, but probably.

You still have to admit that it's leaps and bounds better than their previous attempts at Hulk. The articulation may not be of the caliber of the Toybiz MLS Hulk, but it's very good for Hasbro, even if it's still terribly undersized.

Plus, I think the new face is somewhere around 1000x better than any other 3.75" Hulk face I've seen.

hulk-6.jpg

Yikes.

Forshame.

Also, if you're going to take the hulk and loki, they should have replaced the hawkeye also with something ridiculous.

I'm thinking a Spidey line Doc Ock would have been perfect!

Only for us collectors who want a complete, unopened set. I can't express how disappointed I was to figure out that the Dark Galactus I bought had been opened and repackaged before I got it.

Not a big deal for the loose collectors, I'd imagine though.

After that long rant, the short answer is yes. The set is only sealed with a piece of tape, so I just put everything back in and re-applied the tape.

Do you still have it? I'd buy it from you & have them shipped loose if so. Or we could work out a trade. I really only need Hawkeye, am curious about Hulk, and would either resell or trade the other two as i have them already. PM if interested...

I'd trade/ buy the Hulk from you mate.

Only for us collectors who want a complete, unopened set. I can't express how disappointed I was to figure out that the Dark Galactus I bought had been opened and repackaged before I got it.

Not a big deal for the loose collectors, I'd imagine though.

I collect both MIB/MOC and loose.. so I definitely understand wanting brand new products. But with something like this, that is simply a box close by one piece of tape, it wouldn't make much difference to me. You could just put the tape back on. no harm no foul

Yep. What's the difference between some other collector putting the items back in and retaping it and some poor schlump in Mexico or China putting them in the box and taping it? Is it really more "MOC" because it was done by someone for 10cents an hour rather than by someone who actually cares about collecting?

I say it's fine as long as you're not replacing a figure or "repacking" it to pull one over on the store (or some other collector).

Yep. What's the difference between some other collector putting the items back in and retaping it and some poor schlump in Mexico or China putting them in the box and taping it? Is it really more "MOC" because it was done by someone for 10cents an hour rather than by someone who actually cares about collecting?

I say it's fine as long as you're not replacing a figure or "repacking" it to pull one over on the store (or some other collector).

Obviously it's going to come down to preference, but to me, stuff being repacked with new tape isn't new anymore. It's been opened and messed with and the repacking job isn't going to be as good as the original. Tape on top of tape, figure positioning possibly different, minor bends and tears in the box or card itself could all be evident.

Most people won't care, but some will. Maybe even just me. ;)

Picked up a Skrull and a pair of Hawkeyes since they were laying on the dang ground of the Walmart since it is so overstocked with previous waves.

The MU figures was the strangest mix. Ronin, Iron Patriot, Iceman, Magneto, Wolverine, Captain Steve Rodgers and Union Jack. The lady liked that Wolverine so he was purchased and we agreed that Magneto looked like he was becoming a zombie from the poor paint job on the face.

The 6 inches are MIA now, no sign of them and not even a shelf place so I am not expecting to see them. And no DG Joes either and I don't even get where they would put them if they got them.

If anyone with a good trade history needs a Skrull or a Hawkeye, let me know. Because honestly? I only got them to help out the ones here and the highest thing I am even interested in is a Moon Knight at this point. Yes I have other wants but they are ultra rares so no way I'd ask.

Picked up a Skrull and a pair of Hawkeyes since they were laying on the dang ground of the Walmart since it is so overstocked with previous waves.

The MU figures was the strangest mix. Ronin, Iron Patriot, Iceman, Magneto, Wolverine, Captain Steve Rodgers and Union Jack. The lady liked that Wolverine so he was purchased and we agreed that Magneto looked like he was becoming a zombie from the poor paint job on the face.

The 6 inches are MIA now, no sign of them and not even a shelf place so I am not expecting to see them. And no DG Joes either and I don't even get where they would put them if they got them.

If anyone with a good trade history needs a Skrull or a Hawkeye, let me know. Because honestly? I only got them to help out the ones here and the highest thing I am even interested in is a Moon Knight at this point. Yes I have other wants but they are ultra rares so no way I'd ask.

I'd buy a Hawkeye from you if no one offers a trade for him...