3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

@marvelousben: To prevent from hoarding, scalping and cherry picking, the local distributor in cooperation with our local hobby forums made a "distribution system" where stuff like MU, joes and TF are distributed by set, so you get a one off chance at getting a whole wave without having to buy a case, but these usually do not reach the pegs at the local malls, so if you're a fan, you NEED to go to these distributions to get your fill...

Back on topic, these 2 baddies just arrived...

20120628_062118.jpg

20120628_062129.jpg

Cost me a pretty penny, but am glad I finally have them!

now the dilemma is whether to set them freefrom their prisons or not....

20120628_062108.jpg

I don't get it. You said, "a one off chance at getting a whole wave without having to buy a case". What did you mean by that? From your earlier post with images, it looks like the "wave" comprised figures from 2 different cases? So you could actually pick and choose without the hassle of getting reissued figures? I know some shops sell in sets, meaning you've got to purchase all the new figures as well as the reissued ones. In your case, you can actually choose the ones you like and the remaining ones go to the toy stores or retail outlets shelves? How many collectors in The Philippines get this kinda privileged treatment? Or are you a toy shop owner yourself? I know in some countries, toy shop owners get to first choose the wave(s) before everybody else like TRU, for example. But you still gotta get the whole case. Unless the system has changed over the years.

@marvelousben:

It's how exacly as I said it is. You get a set but it's bundled by the local distributor. They got a case which included all eight figures from 3 different wave plus psylocke and silversurfer. But they only bundled in the new ones and sold psylocke and silver surfer separately as singles. I said "one off" because usually the sets get sold out in the distribution, after this whatever's left are then sent to the pegs. Also before it was a "per wave" affair, but who know's what Hasbro was thinking when they sent this assortment case to our local distributor. so what the distributor did was bundle the new ones and sold them as sets and not necessarily sold them "per wave".

Basically the distributor cooked up this scheme after consulting with local collector forums, and as I said this was to protect collectors from being taken advantage of by scalpers and hoarders. I myself am no shop owner, I guess our local distributor cares enough about collecters here in the philippines that they go out of their way to organize these events.

Hope that cleared it up :D

didn't find any new MU, but there is another wave of SpiderMan movie figs hitting. I hate the lack of decent articulation and the gimmicky crap that they put with a thousand different Spideys; nevertheless I picked up two new Spider-Man figs and some kind of "camoflauge" power Lizard figure that has translucent hands and feet. I'm guessing the Lizard will have some kind of chameleon powers in the movie and Spidey will have to rely on his sense to know where he's coming from. Still hate the look of the Lizard too, but the partially translucent one was kinda cool and I didn't want to have trouble finding it later if I decided I like it after the movie.

They were at Walmart for $7.47 which is a nice change from the $10 that this scale has been going for in most stores lately.

Oh, and one of the Spidey's has his own type of Goblin Glider - a Spider Glider I guess. Totatlly stupid I know, but it looked pretty cool and got some of my kids excited so that was one of the ones I grabbed.

didn't find any new MU, but there is another wave of SpiderMan movie figs hitting. I hate the lack of decent articulation and the gimmicky crap that they put with a thousand different Spideys; nevertheless I picked up two new Spider-Man figs and some kind of "camoflauge" power Lizard figure that has translucent hands and feet. I'm guessing the Lizard will have some kind of chameleon powers in the movie and Spidey will have to rely on his sense to know where he's coming from. Still hate the look of the Lizard too, but the partially translucent one was kinda cool and I didn't want to have trouble finding it later if I decided I like it after the movie.

They were at Walmart for $7.47 which is a nice change from the $10 that this scale has been going for in most stores lately.

Oh, and one of the Spidey's has his own type of Goblin Glider - a Spider Glider I guess. Totatlly stupid I know, but it looked pretty cool and got some of my kids excited so that was one of the ones I grabbed.

The camo Lizard sounds pretty cool to me too. Any chance for a pic of it in package?

DSCF1551.jpg

DSCF1554.jpg

DSCF1555.jpg

that's it for now. If you notice on the back it shows a fourth figure. My kids almost conviced me to go ahead and get that one, but I felt stupid enough getting the other three and just couldn't get myself any lower.lol I really hate how they do these lines and hate even more how they suck me in sometimes! Give me some REAL figures a la MU, please.

wow, after seeing them come up I realize these really are crappy pics! sorry. it was especially hard to try and zoom into the package so you can see Lizard's hands AND feet are clear even though the back shows only the leg portion. Also a different head/face than what the pic on the back shows. My son made me point those out.lol

I don't know, I especially don't love how they're using the movie costume all over these. I feel like the movie costume should be limited to the main figures, and the offshoots should show the comic version more often. Maybe that's just me, but it makes it hard to integrate any of these into a normal scene with any other MU.

And just what the Lizard figure needed, transparent feet and a gaping maw.

These had better look a LOT better in the stores, or they're pegrotting just as much as the others are.

DSCF1551.jpg

DSCF1554.jpg

DSCF1555.jpg

that's it for now. If you notice on the back it shows a fourth figure. My kids almost conviced me to go ahead and get that one, but I felt stupid enough getting the other three and just couldn't get myself any lower.lol I really hate how they do these lines and hate even more how they suck me in sometimes! Give me some REAL figures a la MU, please.

Those pics were fine. Thanks for the hustle...

You gotta see the Lizard in person. It's actually pretty funny looking the way he is in the package. He's got his hands palm-up and his jaw dropped, so it looks kinda like he's doing a "What the bloody heck is going on here?!" He really does look surprised like that. Once I noticed that I couldn't see him as "vicious" at all anymore.

You gotta see the Lizard in person. It's actually pretty funny looking the way he is in the package. He's got his hands palm-up and his jaw dropped, so it looks kinda like he's doing a "What the bloody heck is going on here?!" He really does look surprised like that. Once I noticed that I couldn't see him as "vicious" at all anymore.

Oh I know. I've had one for a while now. It's a horible figure for Lizard but does have fodder potential.

Welp, Ollies number two was a bust. And the reason? My half brother went and grabbed the King Laufey that was there for himself! Why? Because he thinks it is a nice shade of Blue and will fit his Lord of the Rings display. So sorry guys, I can't help anyone out, I got beat to the punch by a Frodo lover.

Toys R Us was having a Buy 1, Get 1 free on Thor and Iron Man so I grabbed another Frost Giant and just whatever Iron Man armor looked good enough to be free.

Found the Air Assault Drone at Marshalls (my drone army almost complete!), skipped War Machine twice, and a Ages of Thunder Thor for my attempt at a creation.

I'll keep an eye out still for the ones who asked about Laufey and King Loki when I go back on Tuesday in chance of a restock. No promises though gang.