3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Chinese seller has Avengers movie Fury and Chitauri

http://stores.ebay.com/Hobbystockcn-Toy-St...sid=p4340.l2563

Thanks!

You know, that Chitauri looks a lot like the Family Dollar figures we've been seeing (not the repaints, the cheap crappy ones). I wouldn't be surprised if that soldier isn't the one from Wave 4, but the one that's packaged with a Chitauri glider instead. Makes more sense for that AWFUL articulation to be on a vehicle driver...

The ones pictured clearly have the Movie style movement/articulation in elbows and knees, unlike the DS vehicle repacks they're currently offering. Good enough for me. Weapons not necessary as I have that covered. Just need some backup for Loki, as he's outnumbered...

The ones pictured clearly have the Movie style movement/articulation in elbows and knees, unlike the DS vehicle repacks they're currently offering. Good enough for me. Weapons not necessary as I have that covered. Just need some backup for Loki, as he's outnumbered...

Yea, you're right. The elbows and knees are the single joint articulation. The joints in the feet made me realize I was wrong.

I guess I was hoping to see more detail in these in the main line. Somewhere along the lines of the Fury coming out would have been nice.

Not figure related but I have to geek out.

I will be attending Wizard World Chicago in August. First I was really excited because William Shatner is having a panel and I'm a Star Trek fan. Then it was announced that Stan Lee was going to have a panel and I got really excited. August of this year is the 50th anniversary of Spider-Man. Stan Lee will be there and, let's face it, the guy is old. This may be the one and only chance I have to get his autograph. So I made up my mind I was going to spend a little money and get something special for him to sign. I started searching the internet for a old copy of Amazing Spider-Man. I searched and searched and finally came across a Fine copy of ASM #40. Turns out it was a guy in town selling it who specializes in Platinum, Gold, and Silver age stuff.

Today I picked it up 5 minutes before my shift started at Toys R Us. I was geeking out for hours and still have goosebumps. It's in amazing condition and ready to be signed ^^

I will be attending Wizard World Chicago in August. First I was really excited because William Shatner is having a panel and I'm a Star Trek fan. Then it was announced that Stan Lee was going to have a panel and I got really excited. August of this year is the 50th anniversary of Spider-Man. Stan Lee will be there and, let's face it, the guy is old. This may be the one and only chance I have to get his autograph. So I made up my mind I was going to spend a little money and get something special for him to sign. I started searching the internet for a old copy of Amazing Spider-Man. I searched and searched and finally came across a Fine copy of ASM #40. Turns out it was a guy in town selling it who specializes in Platinum, Gold, and Silver age stuff.

Today I picked it up 5 minutes before my shift started at Toys R Us. I was geeking out for hours and still have goosebumps. It's in amazing condition and ready to be signed ^^

That is awesome. I did the same thing this past March and got Stan Lee to sign a 1965 copy of Uncanny X-Men 14, first appearance of the Sentinels. He was at Mike Carbo's comic con in NYC and I got pictures of him and the autograph on my book. It is awesome.

Yea, you're right. The elbows and knees are the single joint articulation. The joints in the feet made me realize I was wrong.

I guess I was hoping to see more detail in these in the main line. Somewhere along the lines of the Fury coming out would have been nice.

I just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same figures. You never know w/ Ebay sometimes. Plus, I know you're a MOCer like me & wanted to make sure you didn't reject them to early...

Hello all, I've been lurking here/collecting since November, seems like a good time to start posting.

Went out of town to hit a friends BBQ this week and hit up the local Target(Battle Creek, MI). They had their 3-Packs clearanced to $16.08 finally picked up the Future Foundation set for that. They also had some Guardians of the Galaxy sets for that price but I already had them. They also had the new GI Joe three packs on clearance but can't remember the price. Those have only been out a few weeks, right?

Keep an eye out at your local Targets, they usually are pretty uniform in their drops I believe.

Save up some extra cash. I was pumped when Stan came to the Pittsburgh Comic Con this spring. I went up to the counter and paid $40 bucks to have my picture taken with him. I asked if he was autographing stuff, and they said yes, for $50 more. That would have left me with about 10 bucks to shop with at the con, so I went with the pic only. Some of the proceeds went to charities and I don't begrudge folks for charging what they think is reasonable (It is Stan-freaking-Lee), but I figured I could always get a signature off of ebay instead.

Anyway, the moral is save up and be ready!

I remember when I went to the StarWars Celebration in London, 2007.. Mark Hammil was there and they were charging 250 to meet him and get an autograph! Well, at least I think that included both.. maybe it was just to be able to walk up to his little booth and say "hi Luke!".. err... sorry

Save up some extra cash. I was pumped when Stan came to the Pittsburgh Comic Con this spring. I went up to the counter and paid $40 bucks to have my picture taken with him. I asked if he was autographing stuff, and they said yes, for $50 more. That would have left me with about 10 bucks to shop with at the con, so I went with the pic only. Some of the proceeds went to charities and I don't begrudge folks for charging what they think is reasonable (It is Stan-freaking-Lee), but I figured I could always get a signature off of ebay instead.

Anyway, the moral is save up and be ready!

I had the EXACT same thing happen to me at the Pittsburgh comic-con...only about 15 years ago. It was $100 to stand in line and you get one autograph and one pic maybe. Also, the tickets went on pre-sale, which meant I showed up, asked where to go, they said I had to have a ticket...and those had been sold out since 2 days before convention. Oh well.

Congrats to all the fellow Stan Lee meeters and signature-getters.

The same scenario happened to me last year. I forget what I paid, but VIP access to the local con included a picture with Stan, and two items to be signed. Since I didn't own any sweet early Stan goodness, I bought (Uncanny) X-Men #19, the first appearance of Mimic, and the last X-Men book Stan wrote. Got him to sign that, and CGC was at the end of the line, so I submitted the book and signature to be graded and authenticated. It didn't come back to me until October, but I was THRILLED to have it. Easily the Gem of my comic collection, now hanging amongst the toys in my workshop (hanging on the left):

IMG_0132.JPG

Nice Pete...Love both books showcased there!! I like that frame as well..where is that from??? I need a few myself.

A great custom comic-framing website named Frame It Again Sam. I got one to start with, just to see if its worth the price, (around $25 shipped for one, cheaper shipping on multiple), and was really happy with the result. I'll have to get more for my other CGC book and my signed Walking Dead #1's.

Here's the site:

https://www.frameitagainsam.com/

They also make sweet frames for records, artwork, children's artwork, etc, and they're all really easy to change out. Well worth taking a look.