3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Dang 7 comic packs in all , thats alot to keep track of. Im glad I just want the she hulk one.

@ Gerrilius I pmed u man at the Ark.

yeah... 7 comic packs is crazy. unfortunately, they are all repaints of characters that we already have (except SheHulk, but she is coming). This is a pretty big letdown since comic packs have become a good way to get new characters. Just look at the last round with the awesome Adam Warlock and Mr.Sinister figures. And we have to be scratching our heads at why they have canceled/delayed the Antman pack.

out of all of the new 7 packs, the white FF Dr.Doom and She-Hulk are the only figures I even feel the need to add to my collection.

what a waste

hey everyone. So here is my retail haul for today:

I also got in my SDCC TRU Invisible Bilbo Baggins, SDCC MU MoE Set, SDCC ML X-Force set, and each of the G.I. Joe Jinxs'. Now I just need to pick up that Soundwave Hiss Tank and I will be a happy camper. :cool:

Also, I picked up an extra set of the TRU 2-packs for trade. I will happily trade the pair for a set of the collosus and mandarin two packs.

Hi bigbudman-

Which TRU did you find those 2-packs at? Did they have any left?

thanks.

picked them up at mentor, but they also got them in at mayfield.

dammit! i have been going to mentor tru everyday this week except today because i went to see batman after work!

did they have any spidey 2 packs left?

which wallyworld had blake?

yes on the spidey 2-packs. blake was at vine st., but i found another at the mayfield wally last night.

Supposedly Antman is actually in production to hit theaters either next year or 2014 but it is goin to be more "lighthearted" and a "different spin" on superheroes and therefore not tied to the rest of the Avengers mythos. So maybe they're just saving it for the movie release?

Seems kinda stupid to me. But then I'm not a fan of "Hot Fuzz" and other idiot movies so I really am not interested in a Marvel superhero done like that and really don't want to wait for an action figure to go with it.

@feihong - Houston. First sighting that i know of in town.

@lapu - i got ya - i'll see if it's still there later today.

Dang 7 comic packs in all , thats alot to keep track of. Im glad I just want the she hulk one.

@ Gerrilius I pmed u man at the Ark.

yeah... 7 comic packs is crazy. unfortunately, they are all repaints of characters that we already have (except SheHulk, but she is coming). This is a pretty big letdown since comic packs have become a good way to get new characters. Just look at the last round with the awesome Adam Warlock and Mr.Sinister figures. And we have to be scratching our heads at why they have canceled/delayed the Antman pack.

out of all of the new 7 packs, the white FF Dr.Doom and She-Hulk are the only figures I even feel the need to add to my collection.

what a waste

yeah agreed. normally i'd be getting 2x of each...one to open and one MOC, but since they're mostly repacks/repaints, just one for moc. even though she-hulk is new, i like the single carded one better.

yeah agreed. normally i'd be getting 2x of each...one to open and one MOC, but since they're mostly repacks/repaints, just one for moc. even though she-hulk is new, i like the single carded one better.

dang, a completest with comic pack repaints? that has to be rough. I don't know what I will buy from them right now, but these are serious letdowns and I don't think we even need most of these figures:

Juggernaut/Colossus - Helmetless Juggy is kinda cool, but that unpainted Colossus is weak. - UNDECIDED

Wolverine/Hulk - we already have both of these figures - PASS

Ironman/Mandarin - IM is not as good as the first release. I guess red mandarin is interesting - UNDECIDED

Cap/Magneto - Cap is a big screw up, should have had a new head. magneto is a version I never wanted. - PASS

Wolverine/She Hulk - already have that Wolvie. I do want that She Hulk though - probable BUY

Spiderman/Doom - That spiderman isn't as good as the regular FF version. Doom is kinda cool - PASS

Spiderman/Rhino - boring repaints on both, and a better Rhino is coming - PASS

if I can get the Juggy, Mandarin, and Shehulk loose, that will be all I need.

And we have to be scratching our heads at why they have canceled/delayed the Antman pack.

Has Hasbro released an official statement regarding the Antman comic pack?

no, but he was originally scheduled to be out with the Juggy/Colossus pack

so it is definitely delayed at least.. and it's the only comic pack that they haven't showed since SDCC last year

dang, a completest with comic pack repaints? that has to be rough. I don't know what I will buy from them right now, but these are serious letdowns and I don't think we even need most of these figures:

Juggernaut/Colossus - Helmetless Juggy is kinda cool, but that unpainted Colossus is weak. - UNDECIDED

Ironman/Mandarin - IM is not as good as the first release. I guess red mandarin is interesting - UNDECIDED

Cap/Magneto - Cap is a big screw up, should have had a new head. magneto is a version I never wanted. - PASS

Wolverine/She Hulk - already have that Wolvie. I do want that She Hulk though - probable BUY

Spiderman/Doom - That spiderman isn't as good as the regular FF version. Doom is kinda cool - PASS

It's rough. But this is one hobby i've actually stuck with and passionate enough with since it's inception (or close enough to) that i'm trying to complete, MOMC. I cherry pick the figures i want to open. For the new comic sets above, i only really want FF Spiderman and FF Doom. The rest are staying MOMC and i can wait for the single carded She Hulk - i like her modern uni better.

It's rough. But this is one hobby i've actually stuck with and passionate enough with since it's inception (or close enough to) that i'm trying to complete, MOMC. I cherry pick the figures i want to open. For the new comic sets above, i only really want FF Spiderman and FF Doom. The rest are staying MOMC and i can wait for the single carded She Hulk - i like her modern uni better.

I am in the same boat Gerrillus. I only do MOC. I just like the way they look on the walls with their card art. However, I am running out of room. These next 7 CPs will pretty much be the last of my room. I'll have to expand...out into the hallways...bwhahahaha...my gf will be pissed!

I know this has been floating around or questions over the Sub but marvel.com just sent this out right now (to me anyhow)

Back by Popular Demand! Exclusive Figure + 30% Off Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited‏

http://view.exacttarget.com/?j=fe591679726...474620d787d1476

I got that email too. I looks like both Doom and Archangel are valid until the end of this year:

Marvel.com Archangel Offer

Great, just great and I cancelled my order for beta ray bill and kraven just a week ago. Now there all sold out. I was hoping I had time to get them but, i'll see them down here at retail soon. At least I got my moe today and a nick fury from bbts.com. Those 89.99 plus shipping is the reason I cancelled beta ray bill and kraven. It really hurt to get that nick fury for so much and at the lost of those new figures.

I just got a Wave 18 case in the mail from Entertainment Earth. I didn't even know it was coming. I didn't see a ship notice.

Anyhow. Yay! Nice surprise. The spider-man is not the Miles Morales version. I did want it, but quite frankly it's too tall. Miles is 25% shorter than Peter Parker currently. At least.

Although I'm happy to have the new Hulk, Beast, Beta Ray Bill and Kraven, the Ghost Rider and old Hulk are just really bad case packs. There is absolutely no reason why that should have been anything other than Vision and Ms. Marvel or some old HTFs along those lines. Really clueless boneheaded crap if you ask me.

I'll actually be looking for Ghost Rider and think he's a fine repack THIS TIME considering the movie's release and he is a figure missed the first go around.

Now being a repack in the next case...that's just stupid time.

Heading to Walmart, Target, Toys R Us, and Marshalls tonight. Wish me luck!

I know this has been floating around or questions over the Sub but marvel.com just sent this out right now (to me anyhow)

Back by Popular Demand! Exclusive Figure + 30% Off Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited‏

http://view.exacttarget.com/?j=fe591679726...474620d787d1476

I got that email too. I looks like both Doom and Archangel are valid until the end of this year:

Marvel.com Archangel Offer

Awesome! :smile: Thanks for this info as I've wanted the Archangel figure for quite a while and the new Doom figure looks sweet!