3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Ohhhh Yeaahhhh!!!!

A great end to a great hauling couple or days. Also got the I'M/Mandarin pack, the Avengers 4 pack with Hulk and Hawkeye, The Avengers Helicarrier and a comic colored Sentinel from TJ Maxx.

nice score! but too bad that both Spidey's are the baghead.. I wanted the white FF version to come out first.. I don't even want baghead

nice score! but too bad that both Spidey's are the baghead.. I wanted the white FF version to come out first.. I don't even want baghead

Yeah, I had no interest in the Baghead Spidey either.

Not sure why someone would want a full case of mail away Prototype Boba Fett.

Trust me, someone is going to want that Baghead. I would get it for trading purposes. He'll be like the metal Absorbing Man or Astral Dr. Strange....a running change and most likely will not be back.

Picked up the Hulk / FA Wolverine 2-pack last week at Target - I've already got a single carded new Hulk coming my way from BBTS, but honestly, I was just so strung out after a year with no new figures that I caved. I justified it by the fact that I never bought the single card of that Wolverine, and this version definitely looks better, but I think that's just junkie logic talking. :-)

Also picked up the FF Dr. Doom / Spiderman 2-pack at TRU earlier this week, and am pretty excited to have a complete Hickman FF team on my shelf now.

They also had a comic colors Hydra trooper from the Captain America movie line at TRU which I snagged. I'm debating opening it, because I've really wanted one of these for a while, but I also know with all the new figures finally coming out I might be in need of trade fodder, so if there's anybody else who wants a comic colors Hydra figure, let me know.

One thing that did strike me upon picking up the new figures is that, while I am not a scale stickler by any means, there are some scale issues that are kind of jarring - The new Hulk figure looks amazing, but when I put it with my Defenders grouping on my shelf, he's barely taller than Namor. Likewise, the new FF Spiderman is finally poseable enough to do some rad poses, but he's almost a head taller than Reed Richards if you stand them up straight side by side. It's slightly jarring, but ... eh. Scale obsession is probably not a rabbit hole I wanna crawl down.

Overall, really excited to finally get my hands on some new figures after so long.

Yeah, I had no interest in the Baghead Spidey either.

Not sure why someone would want a full case of mail away Prototype Boba Fett.

Trust me, someone is going to want that Baghead. I would get it for trading purposes. He'll be like the metal Absorbing Man or Astral Dr. Strange....a running change and most likely will not be back.

Yeah, I guess I might be in the minority on this, but I love the Bag Head Spidey(maybe for nostalgic reasons)

Went to several Walmarts and MU single packs were marked down to $5, comic packs to $11, three-packs to $17, and the Avenger four-packs to $21. Almost picked up BE Iron Man, Magneto, and Ice-Man for future trade-ins at Target, but it seemed like a waste of time and energy since I already have the next wave coming in tomorrow, and the next few waves are months away from retail. I still might go back and get a Sinister/Gambit or Daredevil/Bullseye for either tradebait, custom fodder, or to get one the new comic packs cheaper.

If anyone finds a Namor or Steve Rogers on clearance, I'd gladly pay them back, as those are really the only two figures I'm looking for. I also need Skaar, but I doubt he's still pegwarming anywhere.