3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Wave 18 finally hit TRU big time with a dozen or so full pegs. Same thing everyone else has been seeing at big retail: PP Spider-Man & right-side-up Beast. Lots of Legends as well and enough Avengers Black Widows & Hawkeyes to choke on. You gotta love how some of this stuff shows up in bulk after all the trouble you've already gone through to get it...

Couple of quick questiona:

1. Does anyone know if Target uses the same UPC barcodes for G.I. Joe figure (like how all MU figures ring up using the same UPC)?

2. Does Target still use the same UPC barcodes for MU?

Just wondering, as I recall being able to do that earlier in the year but wasn't sure if it still worked.

Wave 18 finally hit TRU big time with a dozen or so full pegs. Same thing everyone else has been seeing at big retail: PP Spider-Man & right-side-up Beast. Lots of Legends as well and enough Avengers Black Widows & Hawkeyes to choke on. You gotta love how some of this stuff shows up in bulk after all the trouble you've already gone through to get it...

How many black widows qualifies as enough to choke on?

How many black widows qualifies as enough to choke on?

At least six of both figures just on the peg fronts plus a handful more behind. I've seen 1-2 at the same time on the rare occasion but today's sighting was crazy.

technically they each have their own UPC code on the package but for Target stores all UPC's in a particular line are linked in their system and they have their own Target number that applies to all of them. But for all intents and purposes you are correct since bringing them any one UPC will allow them to search their inventory for cases of that line but not for any individual characters. Just thought I'd clear that up (hopefully) in case someone looked at the bottom of their package and saw that the numbers are not the same. They just come up the same in Target and TRU computers. Walmart varies by line. Some lines all characters are the same, but for other lines it will actually say the characters name on your receipt which means the computer can tell which one you purchased.

Been a long time since I last posted here, mainly because of a lack of product to buy. That all changed yesterday.

For the first time in TWO YEARS, my local Pahrump Wal-Mart stocked a case of Marvel Universe figures. They haven't even stocked so much as a single revision case since 2010. Somehow by chance, I got there at precisely the right moment. I saw a dozen blisters hanging (pristine case) and it was like Christmas morning. I picked up Scarlet Witch, Kang, and both She-Hulks. One is destined for a Titania custom. Unfortunately, there was no variant of Amazing-Fantastic Bag-man. I passed on the FF Spidey and Punishers, as well as the re-packs.

Heck, my daughter even scored a new Monster High doll. It was a great day, great haul. It is a rare occasion indeed when I stumble across new MU figs without driving all over God's green Earth. Incidentally, a recent trip to Universal Studios Hollywood left me coming up empty-handed at their (usually well-stocked) comic shop.

If you have a Wal-Mart like mine that has not carried MUs for a long time, don't give up yet. I can positively confirm that they are starting to show up, even in stores that haven't carried the line in years.

Where did Heimdall come from?

Ebay. Decent (sort of) price. I think I paid $25 shipped for him.

Thank you for the info. In hindsight, was he worth $25, or have you not opened him?

In hindsight, I would say yes...seeing that this came from Canada and it was a deluxe figure. I never wanted nor found a Sif figure, but when the Heimdall figure was first announced, I couldn't wait to get it. When it never came out here, I was pissed.

But knowing me, now that I bought it from eBay, it will start showing up around the country in Marshall's and TJ Maxx's for about $9...

Where did Heimdall come from?

Ebay. Decent (sort of) price. I think I paid $25 shipped for him.

Thank you for the info. In hindsight, was he worth $25, or have you not opened him?

In hindsight, I would say yes...seeing that this came from Canada and it was a deluxe figure. I never wanted nor found a Sif figure, but when the Heimdall figure was first announced, I couldn't wait to get it. When it never came out here, I was pissed.

But knowing me, now that I bought it from eBay, it will start showing up around the country in Marshall's and TJ Maxx's for about $9...

That would be nice since I only have one and still haven't brought myself to open him. But frankly, I usually have that kind of luck too yet I traded a Canadian boardie months ago and still haven't seen another. What is up with several of Hasbro's figures only showing up north of the boarder? At least Shocker and Heimdal, right off the top of my head. I'm fairly certain there are some others too.

Well, I'm off to work. Good luck hunting today everyone! Hopefully I'll get a chance to check some places after picking the kids up from school.

Had to run to Walmart today so I decided to check the toy aisle knowing I'd be disappointed when low and behold there are actual MU figures stocked on the pegs! Nothing of the new waves, but I did pickup an Absorbing Man and an Astonishing Wolverine. Considered picking up the Captain America comic series Winter Soldier, but I couldn't justify dropping $30 on figures.

Targets are getting W18. Only seen in at one Target so far.

Walmarts are getting W19. My bro just found remnants of 19: Punisher, FF SP, SheHulk. Nuts.

But, He's been making friends with the toy manager while he goes on Hot Wheel hunts (he's one of them). the toy manager said she'd order a case of 19 for him. Scoooore. She said to check by the end of the week. Sweeeet.

Now i really need to hunt more now. And it was at one where they were clearancing MUs and ROMLs, which was even more surprising.

Targets are getting W18. Only seen in at one Target so far.

Walmarts are getting W19. My bro just found remnants of 19: Punisher, FF SP, SheHulk. Nuts.

But, He's been making friends with the toy manager while he goes on Hot Wheel hunts (he's one of them). the toy manager said she'd order a case of 19 for him. Scoooore. She said to check by the end of the week. Sweeeet.

Now i really need to hunt more now. And it was at one where they were clearancing MUs and ROMLs, which was even more surprising.

Don't tell EA about your brother. He hates HW collectors. : )