3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Looking on EE, I see that Kang and all of wave 18 will be shipping for several more revision cases, but I think Paper Bag Spidey is going to be a one off. Anyone got an extra they'd like to sell or trade? I have a carded Avengers BW...

I'm almost certain Paper Bag Spider-Man will be included with Wave 21. (Professor X, Blastaar, Jubilee). He was in the cases that leaked into Mexico early.

Picked up a handful of Shulkies today for anyone still needing one. Might be able to get some more Punishers and Ghost Riders. TRU has all the Marvel figures (MU, Avengers, etc.) at buy-two-get-one-free at the Times Square location - don't know if this has been reported yet.

thanks alot man,

Just got the Scarlet Witch,

Great Boarder...

Looking on EE, I see that Kang and all of wave 18 will be shipping for several more revision cases, but I think Paper Bag Spidey is going to be a one off. Anyone got an extra they'd like to sell or trade? I have a carded Avengers BW...

I'm almost certain Paper Bag Spider-Man will be included with Wave 21. (Professor X, Blastaar, Jubilee). He was in the cases that leaked into Mexico early.

yes my case from Hong Kong had him

Finally found wave 19 (minus Kang) at WM. Exciting as that was, what really made my day was seeing a little kid and his mom looking at the Marvel figures. This kid could not have been more than 5 or 6. He saw She-Hulk and got excited, then flipped when he saw Ghost Rider. He was grabbing them and he found Falcon. He jumped up and down, saying Falcon is his favorite. I told him Falcon is going to be in the next Captain America movie, and his eyes lit up. His mom showed him the BE Iron Man, Comm. Rogers, and the classic and FF Spideys and he did not seem the least bit interested.

Hasbro execs, you need to pay attention here. This kid was more excited for a female, a "boring, obscure" character, and a "scary" character than he was for all the main heroes combined. And they say only Wolvy/Spidey/IM/Hulk sell...

Reminds me a couple of weeks ago I was in walmart and a kid about 7 or 8 was looking for some figures. He told his mom that he needed some villians. He had everything on the shelf. He finally found an xforce 3 pack and relunctly bought since he told his mon he would pretend they were bad guys.

Finally found wave 19 (minus Kang) at WM. Exciting as that was, what really made my day was seeing a little kid and his mom looking at the Marvel figures. This kid could not have been more than 5 or 6. He saw She-Hulk and got excited, then flipped when he saw Ghost Rider. He was grabbing them and he found Falcon. He jumped up and down, saying Falcon is his favorite. I told him Falcon is going to be in the next Captain America movie, and his eyes lit up. His mom showed him the BE Iron Man, Comm. Rogers, and the classic and FF Spideys and he did not seem the least bit interested.

Hasbro execs, you need to pay attention here. This kid was more excited for a female, a "boring, obscure" character, and a "scary" character than he was for all the main heroes combined. And they say only Wolvy/Spidey/IM/Hulk sell...

Reminds me a couple of weeks ago I was in walmart and a kid about 7 or 8 was looking for some figures. He told his mom that he needed some villians. He had everything on the shelf. He finally found an xforce 3 pack and relunctly bought since he told his mon he would pretend they were bad guys.

Love these stories, reminds me of when I was a kid. I always had to start a collection like MU with a hero AND a villain. Then usually for every hero I had to have a villain. But this has been the case since I can remember. The first Star Wars figures had only Vader and a Stormtrooper versus Han, Luke, Leia, Chewy, and Obi Wan, R2 D2, and C3PO. Then there were the Joes where there were like 13 Joes in the first wave with only a Cobra trooper and Cobra officer. Man, that really steemed me even as a kid.

On to my haul for the day: an old toybiz Fantastic Four Terrax the tamer from Amazon. Really cool figure, perfect scale for MU, and for an old figure he has really good articulation. Head, shoulders, elbows, hips, and knees.

Found Wave 19 today at HEB for all those people in Texas. They didn't ring up but they had a sign up in the $7 range. I just told the person $7.15 a figure.

IMG_10531.jpg

So excited about that for you. And so bummed mine had just a solid assortment of Namors and Gladiators!

And yes, my HEB is $7.18 so you were right on the money! Love that Scarlet Witch.

Trying to catching up in the office, last week was so so in Miami area, went to Sawgrass outlet, and didn’t find any MU w19. In Marshalls, I just found a Black Destroyer, in TJMax a WarMachine Movie series, TRUs an Iron Spider variant and 3 The Bat from Hotwheels, in the walmart nothing new, they had the regular hellicarrier but 88 usd seems to much for that piece of junk, no Avengers steelbox in Bestbuy. no Target, TRUs or WM exclusives and no sentinels, at least i got a bunch of BR I was looking for for quite some time

In other news and back to Mexico, I don’t know how things works in the USA, but in here, every Xmas season the stores like Walmart put together a huge toy section, usually at the parking area, well some of those stores have already open that Xmas season section and even there is a lot of figures, there is no, zero, nada MU, just some StarWars, and Avengers, some intriguing stuff from Lego, Megabloks, Kre-O, but nothing to make you run for your wallet

Went out grocery shopping and scored Nick Fury and two Chitauri. Saw a third Chitauri, but was short on cash. Shatterblaster Iron Man is so disappointing. I can live without the torso, but why retool a figure with "super" articulation and skimp on wrists and swivels? I will pick it up near the end of the year, when it is everywhere (I'm a completist).

Had a $5 off coupon for TRU so I picked up Punisher to make a Jigsaw custom. They also had a "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" deal for Hasbro figures, but MU wasn't covered in the promotion and there wasn't anything I needed. They had also put out at least three cases of the Rhino/Spider-Man and Dr. Doom/FF Spider-Man sets, but none of the Avengers vs. X-Men sets which is pretty weird. I also picked up a Black Widow at Target for a fellow board member, but no further signs of Wave 18 in my area beyond TRU about a month ago.

So I was checking out my Bullseye (from the 2 pack) last night and I noticed the shadowing/wash effect is very subtle. A nice slight airbush of a blue-ish grey on the white areas. So what the hell did they do to Punisher in wave 19? It looks like he was detailed with a stick of chalk. An otherwise fantastic figure is marred by terrible finishes. FF Spidey is even worse as the wash on his torso is different from his arms and legs. Seriously Hasbro, get your QC under control.