3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

cool, thanks guys,

these were the Rare Mezco Cryptozoology Series Action Figures

(btw: Mezco also made a Jason,Freddy and Leatherface in the 3.75 scale for their "cinema of fear line"too for those interested)

I got them from a Ebayer from Athens, greece. It was a older moc set, but very cool.. he was the best price and I guess I got lucky, all things considered. Good guy sent him a semi-reasonable offer when his auction was ending and he took it.

still came out to about 17 bucks a figure but considering how much sellers in the states wanted for SINGLES (54.99-99.99 a piece depending on figure) from this set it was a acceptable price.

I scored an Avengers Nick Fury and Black Widow Saturday. I found them at an out-of-the-way, old ran-down K-Mart that time forgot, of all places. I hadn't been there in months. Their action figure aisle is usually pretty pathetic. It's always hit-and-miss, and half the time it's so messy and cluttered that you can't find anything. So imagine my suprise when I turned the corner and found these figures staring me in the face. They look so great in person, although BW looks more like Laura Prepon from That 70's Show than she does Scarlett Johansson. (lol) It's still a cool figure. Fury is perfection as well. From what I can tell, the majority of his sculpt is taken from the Winter Soldier mold from the Captain America movie line, although I can't be 100% sure about that. It works very well. That particular mold of Winter Soldier was one of the so-called "sleeper hits" of the Captain America line for me. I was so pleasantly suprised by that figure when I finally got it...the sculpting, the stance he's in, his colors, it's just a really well-done figure that I'm proud to have in my collection. So I'm thrilled that Fury (possibly) shares the mold. I guess I just always passed on WS at retail because of the bad paint they always seemed to have. I actually snagged one that has nearly perfect paint. I just refuse to own a figure, no matter how rare, if the paint job's bad. I just can't get past it...

Anyway, I'm estactic with my find after looking for them for so long.

Yeah, I noticed the Nick Fury/Winter Soldier mold when he was popping up on eBay. It's still a nice mold, though.

I agree...I just really took the entire Cap movie line for granted when it came out. I wasn't really into Captain America at the time, and this was back when the bad paint jobs and a multitude of various Marvel lines were clogging store shelves. Also, it seemed like the line was geared more towards kids really, with the unnecessary gimmicks and play features. I have of course since seen the error of my ways, but I used to see Winter Soldier all over the place, and his paint job always looked horrendous. It probably didn't help that I was also seeing him in his MU version everywhere too, so I was sick of the character, and I didn't even own one of the figures. But I found one on clearance at Walmart, if you could really call it clearance...I took a chance on it since I was all about Captain America at the time, and this lone WS I found actually had a good paint job for a change. And even before, when I wasn't into him, I always did think Winter Soldier looked like such a cool character. Like I said, I was so pleasantly suprised when I opened it up and could actually appreciate the figure. I think sometimes it's a psychological thing, when you see the movie packaging...right away you have reservations because of the connotations; movie lines never seem to be conceived very well, other than Star Wars of course, but if you get past all that, the figures are the epitome of the mass-produced, cheap, done-to-captitalize-on-the movie type of toys, and so I passed on them so many times...

But for any of you that have the movie line Winter Soldier, you know what I'm talking about. He's kinda sculpted in a cool pose, when most figures in the line have a standard buck body of some sort or another. He has a unique sculpt, and his paint apps have a kind of a dark wash on them, almost like a detailed NECA figure. It's a truly great figure that I don't think gets enough recognition really.

Sorry...I didn't mean for this to turn into an analysis of the Winter Soldier figure. But it is a great sculpt, and it suits the Avengers movie line Nick Fury figure very well. I love it.

Not Marvel Universe but scored the 3.75 cryptozoology figures..

BigFoot, Mothman and Jersey Devil.

the Mothman I think is completely off but the other two are pretty good.

MZ77001Alg.jpg

Nice set of figures.

Man I remember passing those up at TRU on clearance for 5 bucks.

I do kind of wish I had the Mothman figure.

The Gods smiled on me today and I found 2 more paper bag spideys today. There up for trade and will get shipped out tomorrow if I can get what I need. Looking for Jubilee, Prof X, Beta Ray Bill, and the Piledriver from the Secret Wars 2 pack with him and Hawkeye. Any of them can be loose as long as the figure is in good shape.