3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Outbidded by one friggin dollar for a Fin Fang Foom............I hate this world..........8(

I think we will all have fooms by this time next year.

Ya I know, but I don't want an orange one. 8(

you and me both...If they release these I see this like the color correct sentinel....the variant version everybody wants....but still cheaper than the BAF version.

Outbidded by one friggin dollar for a Fin Fang Foom............I hate this world..........8(

I think we will all have fooms by this time next year.

Ya I know, but I don't want an orange one. 8(

you and me both...If they release these I see this like the color correct sentinel....the variant version everybody wants....but still cheaper than the BAF version.

Foom%201.jpg

I just want a Green Fin Fang Foom with removable purple pants that you can put figures in. Is that so much to ask?

one just really has to wonder how far along Hasbro got in production of these things before they were pulled from the lineup? If they were pretty far along in getting these made and ready to go out the door, then I can see Foom still coming out.

If they didn't, well then, chances are slim I think. Then again, maybe for IM3?

and yes I realize that this isn't new tooling - but wasn't the head new or something? i thought it had electronics in it of some sort. Lights? Sound?

one just really has to wonder how far along Hasbro got in production of these things before they were pulled from the lineup? If they were pretty far along in getting these made and ready to go out the door, then I can see Foom still coming out.

and yes I realize that this isn't new tooling - but wasn't the head new or something? i thought it had electronics in it of some sort. Lights? Sound?

Head is new, some tooling on the torso to add the button. Oh and the NEW REMOVABLE PURPLE PANTS THEY ADDED.

midgardserpent1.jpeg

I hope Hasbro's not dumb enough to pull a Sentinel and release the Orange at retail and make Green the variant.

Head is new, some tooling on the torso to add the button. Oh and the NEW REMOVABLE PURPLE PANTS THEY ADDED.

midgardserpent1.jpeg

I hope Hasbro's not dumb enough to pull a Sentinel and release the Orange at retail and make Green the variant.

Wow! Wow! Is this from NYCC???

Either or, I want the green foom with the pants joke...(putting figures in pants..lol)

If I have to settle on a orange so be it, painting it proper colors is a hassle but still better than trying to complete the Baf one at a good price.

I know not enough love has been given to the masterworks sets since so many end up on clearance, if this is killed I'll be pissed. I'm a dragon junkie, I'd pay retail for this one easy.

I wouldn't put it past them. Didn't they even go as far as arguing that the retail Sentinel color scheme was accurate to modern comics despite the fact that it isn't?

Also, what's with the love for Foom? He's a pretty obscure dude for such a huge effort. I mean, I've never read any comics with him so he just looks like a big doofy dragon in purple shorts to me. If Hasbro is really going to put out the effort to do a super obscure Masterworks like this then why not do something that actually looks neat, like Eternity or something.

Also also, let's be real here. Even if he does get released and the five of you who are stoked for him get one he's still going to peg warm (shelf warm?). Hard. If Galactus and Sentinels are peg warming then they're going to have to start charging these things rent.

Also, what's with the love for Foom? He's a pretty obscure dude for such a huge effort. I mean, I've never read any comics with him so he just looks like a big doofy dragon in purple shorts to me. If Hasbro is really going to put out the effort to do a super obscure Masterworks like this then why not do something that actually looks neat, like Eternity or something.

Also also, let's be real here. Even if he does get released and the five of you who are stoked for him get one he's still going to peg warm (shelf warm?). Hard. If Galactus and Sentinels are peg warming then they're going to have to start charging these things rent.

Foom is a classic Iron Man villain, and I imagine he has fought the Hulk many times. There's lots of love for the character out there--he turned up all the time in comics in the 80s--which is the era many of the makers of the figures and many of us purchasers were reading a lot of Marvel comics. I think it's a little silly to try and argue that there is no market for a large, detailed and articulate dragon action figure at retail. There are people out there who will want it even if they don't know where the character is from. And I don't know where you are, but Galactus certainly did not peg-warm in my neck of the woods.

However, the orange version wouldn't be nearly as popular, I think, since Foom is most commonly green. There was some talk when the creators initially unveiled Foom that it would be the orange version at retail, but I think they have adjusted their thinking on that.

I wouldn't put it past them. Didn't they even go as far as arguing that the retail Sentinel color scheme was accurate to modern comics despite the fact that it isn't?

So basically because you don't see the coolness behind a giant dragon toy from Marvel Universe, you mistake your opinion as "let's be real here.." Fact and say these will shelf warm hard because you don't see the value in this there for only 5 people want this.....

....ok that is just your opinion.

So no soup for you....

So basically because you don't see the coolness behind a giant dragon toy from Marvel Universe, you mistake your opinion as "let's be real here.." Fact and say these will shelf warm hard because you don't see the value in this there for only 5 people want this.....

....ok THAT is just your opinion.

So no soup for you....

Next sdcc I'm all over this, I assume that's when will get him. The green one will be at the con and the orange at retail. Once again I assume and hope, because if it's not that way Ill be very disappointed we never got foom.

Like was mentioned previously, FFF is an iconic Ironman villian, and was in the first season of Ironman Armored Adventures. Not to mention with The Mandarin being in Iron Man 3, it's hard to believe that FFF won't make an appearance or won't be referenced. However, even if he doesn't show up in the movie I'm confident that kids will want a big ass talking dragon, I know my 7 year old will.

Also, Galactus never shelf warmed here.

A big Dragon will appeal to more casual fans than Galactus or the SEntinel. FACT.

I dunno about that man.. If I didn't know jack about Marvel I'd still go with Galactus and Sentinel. Galactus just looks crazy especially with his imposing headgear and Robots are pretty awesome. There's not many dragons at the toy store but there's tons of robots.

If they put out an orange Foom I would buy it and pretend it was Smaug from The Hobbit. 8p But then again, going off what that company is already doing for that line, I am thinking we will see Smaug in toy form at some point through The Hobbit trilogy.

As for Foom, I want him green - and I hope that is the way he is when/if he makes it to retail shelves.

Seriously, guys? I'm reminded of why I stopped posting here in the first place. Any time you offer a dissenting opinion about something you're branded an outsider who just doesn't get it. What a lovely "community". I'm out, have fun with your echo chamber.

I for one would be happy to see you argue your point. A dissenting opinion that is unsubstantiated is bound to get ripped up on any site full of avid fans, though.

Seriously, guys? I'm reminded of why I stopped posting here in the first place. Any time you offer a dissenting opinion about something you're branded an outsider who just doesn't get it. What a lovely "community". I'm out, have fun with your echo chamber.

You were branded as an outsider? Only two people contradicted you. Plus, you asked where all the love from Foom was coming from, and you were given some examples on why people have emotional attachments to him.

If they put out an orange Foom I would buy it and pretend it was Smaug from The Hobbit. 8p But then again, going off what that company is already doing for that line, I am thinking we will see Smaug in toy form at some point through The Hobbit trilogy.

As for Foom, I want him green - and I hope that is the way he is when/if he makes it to retail shelves.

I am currently using a Discovery Channel foam dragon as my FFF atm, but will definitely buy the green one if they release him at retail.