3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Saw the Hobbit figures, entire set, not a huge fan but might grab some during sales. Haven't seen new Star Wars/Marvel figures in forever. I DID get something though... comic shop had an Angel Bob (Doctor Who) figure left, and my desk needed to be a bit more terrifying since it's October... I keep it facing a mirror to be safe -.- *won't blink*

Anyways, might start gathering Doctor Who figures while I can't find anything else. I want an army of Weeping Angels now.

Doing better. Health is staying stable, things are starting to calm down some around here. Still clearing out the last bit of excess figures, but once that's done I'm setting up a new table to actually display my stuff again. No real luck on finding new things, but I have more than enough stuff right now... and since I've started to get Kotobukiya statues... my 4" figure cravings have been a bit lessened. That or the fact that $60 a pop hurts a lot more than $10 a pop.

No luck with the comic packs. I'm a sad panda. :sad:

Anyone have an extra Bullseye/Daredevil set? I've got some good trade bait if you do.

Jason, give me til Wednesday. I am sure there are a couple at my LCS. In fact, when I go there then, I will have to get pics of all of his MU stuff that's there. There's a lot. Who knows whats hiding there! :)

Saw the Hobbit figures, entire set, not a huge fan but might grab some during sales. Haven't seen new Star Wars/Marvel figures in forever. I DID get something though... comic shop had an Angel Bob (Doctor Who) figure left, and my desk needed to be a bit more terrifying since it's October... I keep it facing a mirror to be safe -.- *won't blink*

Anyways, might start gathering Doctor Who figures while I can't find anything else. I want an army of Weeping Angels now.

Nice to hear from you geo. It's been awhile.

Walmart has nothing, Target has nothing. Ollies has a TON of the ashihiko cycles and HISS scouts still. TJ Maxx has nothing.

Also, if anyone is a Doctor Who fan (Or feels like sparing 2 seconds) please toss me a vote in the free comic book day halloween costume contest. No registering/connecting to facebook/anything, just click vote and yes. http://www.wizehive.com/voting/view/diamon...2012/0/823017/0

Walmart has nothing, Target has nothing. Ollies has a TON of the ashihiko cycles and HISS scouts still. TJ Maxx has nothing.

Also, if anyone is a Doctor Who fan (Or feels like sparing 2 seconds) please toss me a vote in the free comic book day halloween costume contest. No registering/connecting to facebook/anything, just click vote and yes. http://www.wizehive.com/voting/view/diamon...2012/0/823017/0

I haven't given Matt Smith a fair shake but I was sad to see David Tennant go.

I was going to post a picture of this weeks haul but I decided I'm incredibly lazy and don't want to. I ended up finding Avengers wave 3 and/or 4 stuff for the first time anywhere in my state so I grabbed a few more Skrulls and a couple of Chitauri's, as well as Nick Fury.

Ebay brought me the super lame Blob from XMOW line and super sweet MODOK from the Legends line. Also an 85 Snake Eyes complete to replace a later one in my WIP Joe Dio.

Huzzah TOYS!

I haven't given Matt Smith a fair shake but I was sad to see David Tennant go.

Maybe so, but Matt Smith is awesome. I'm worried his run is going to end soon though!

I'll be honest, it took at least half a season for me to warm up to Matt Smith's Doctor Who. However, once I did, he was pretty awesome. "A Good Man Goes To War" was fantastic, and even the recent "City of Angels" showed that he does quirky well. In contrast to Eccleston, who was manic yet laidback, and Tennant, who really got bipolar by the end of his run and almost insane with power, Smith really seems to play up the wonder and awe of traveling through time. Even mundane activities like reading and eating are pure entertainment because of how he plays them up, and his childlike qualities are more like fun little quirks rather than irksome ticks. He isn't my favorite of the recent Doctor Who's, but he's certainly grown into the role over the past few seasons and has done an admirable job considering how big the shoes were that he had to fill.

I'll be honest, it took at least half a season for me to warm up to Matt Smith's Doctor Who. However, once I did, he was pretty awesome. "A Good Man Goes To War" was fantastic, and even the recent "City of Angels" showed that he does quirky well. In contrast to Eccleston, who was manic yet laidback, and Tennant, who really got bipolar by the end of his run and almost insane with power, Smith really seems to play up the wonder and awe of traveling through time. Even mundane activities like reading and eating are pure entertainment because of how he plays them up, and his childlike qualities are more like fun little quirks rather than irksome ticks. He isn't my favorite of the recent Doctor Who's, but he's certainly grown into the role over the past few seasons and has done an admirable job considering how big the shoes were that he had to fill.

The first Dr Who show I watched was the one Matt took over, and I thought it was interesting but I made the decision to start watching the shows prior and Tennant just became the face of the doctor to me. I think I'll warm up to him too, i just haven't given him the chance. It's a weird thing to transition to a new actor when you're so used to another one.

The first Dr Who show I watched was the one Matt took over, and I thought it was interesting but I made the decision to start watching the shows prior and Tennant just became the face of the doctor to me. I think I'll warm up to him too, i just haven't given him the chance. It's a weird thing to transition to a new actor when you're so used to another one.

But that's part of the joy of the Doctor, the changing of actors keeps it fresh! :P Having new actors and writers does the series wonders. It doesn't end when someone gets too old or finds a new role, the episodes are almost always interesting and different, and you get to see how each person is going to make the Doctor their own. I just grabbed a few of the old serials (60s-80s old) to get a feel for the Doctors of the past.

Still nothing in this part of the world on figures though, but the good news is my new Doctor Who addiction gives me something to do during the dryspell.