3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

I ordered Red Skull. I have seriously had enough of every other character in the wave. Here's a review of the entire wave for those who need the refresher:

1 x lame

1 x lame

1 x lame

1 x lame

1 x lame

1 x cool new version Red Skull

I don't agree. Falcon, Hulk, and Black Widow are all superior to their MU counterparts.

I ordered Red Skull. I have seriously had enough of every other character in the wave. Here's a review of the entire wave for those who need the refresher:

1 x lame

1 x lame

1 x lame

1 x lame

1 x lame

1 x cool new version Red Skull

I don't agree. Falcon, Hulk, and Black Widow are all superior to their MU counterparts.
I'm still a bit iffy on Falcon's body, but the wings are a huge improvement. Hulk just needs wrists.

I'd love to see a side by side of the new Hulks mixed with a standard MU figure. I like my Hulks big. Also wondering if I could swap heads between the two new ones. The cheaper on has the better of the two, if you ask me...

there was a guy on another site who showed the Assemble Hulk against the current MU one. its like comparing say MU Juggernaut to say MU Thor sizewise

Caved and bought the Avengers Red Skull,

Mostly for the head and acc.

Also got me a Taco Truck Deadpool set ,

Ordered the Rhino,Elektra and Mysterio from Kokomo toys,

and from EBay finally scored the Anti-venom 3 pack in the mail yesterday.

Not bad,

Since I have a loose old man Logan from last year, I'm pretty caught up.

I went by my local Target and noticed they jerked down the Marvel Universe Mysterio wave they got in last week. I am glad I was there when they put them out. They don't even have holes for them anymore. I am starting to think that the three packs with Emma Frost might not see the light of day since seeing the last ones clearanced out.

Got my order from Amok Time in:

IMG_1487.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

Quick Impressions: The repaints for Skull and Widow with new heads are the best of the bunch. Hulk looks BIG next to the other figures as he should but the lack of wrist articulation hurts the overall quality. The Cap repaint is solid except for the head. I have always hated the head sculpt. Falcon is excellent except for two flaws: He's painted too bright and he has no wrist articulation. Iron Man is the most disappointing of the 6: Painted too bright, no wrist and no ankle articulation.

Additionally, all of the figures (Except Hulk) have stupid gimmick weapons which are pretty much all repacks but do not come with normal weapons. No shield for Cap. No guns for Widow or Skull. Rather disappointing for the price. Still, definitely plan to get the repaint of Hawkeye, Leader and maybe Fury.

IMG_1487.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

Quick Impressions: The repaints for Skull and Widow with new heads are the best of the bunch. Hulk looks BIG next to the other figures as he should but the lack of wrist articulation hurts the overall quality. The Cap repaint is solid except for the head. I have always hated the head sculpt. Falcon is excellent except for two flaws: He's painted too bright and he has no wrist articulation. Iron Man is the most disappointing of the 6: Painted too bright, no wrist and no ankle articulation.

Additionally, all of the figures (Except Hulk) have stupid gimmick weapons which are pretty much all repacks but do not come with normal weapons. No shield for Cap. No guns for Widow or Skull. Rather disappointing for the price. Still, definitely plan to get the repaint of Hawkeye, Leader and maybe Fury.

How the hell does Cap not come with the shield?? That blows my mind

IMG_1487.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

How the hell does Cap not come with the shield?? That blows my mind

He came with a shield firing canon.

So technically he did come with a shield.... it's just attached to a silly gimmick weapon. :tongue:

this line seems to of split the baby imo,

not as detailed or has articulation as Most later MU's but still aimed mostly at kids.

for what it is, I like these,

but have no real intention of collecting anything from this line but new never released characters...like leader.

I grabbed the Skull for his hat, head and coat to put on my custom Skull.

the body is being recycled for Strucker.

BUT a HUGE improvement over the last 5 POA crap they released so kudos for that at least.

Well, first let me say I am STUNNED that Cap doesn't come with a usable shield as ALL of the pics show him using one.

I like the torso/chest of that new Cap a lot...the rest of it sucks though with the biggest sin being those 2 stupid stars...which aren't even on the cartoon version. So annoying...

Anyway, this inspired me to get what I want on Amazon for 10.99 with Prime. Thanks to the "no tax" and free shipping, I picked up Red Skull, Falcon, and Black Widow for $32.97. Not too bad.

Also, my METROPLEX should be arriving in the next few days...so excited!

Amazon has the Avengers Assemble figures in stock for $10.99 w/ free shipping.

I had such a keen interest in that Hulk when they previewed the figure...and then they come out with this. If it had been exactly like the preview sculpt I would have bought it just for the head and replaced the ridiculous one on the original MU version. Oh, well...the wait continues...

Is that red skull basically the same as the SDCC one from years ago? If so, I'm ALL over it.

No. The Red Skull from SDCC was just a repainted Colonel Vogel from the Indiana Jones line with a new head. This one is the "Captain America: The First Avenger" Red Skull with Toht's coat (also from Indiana Jones) and yet another new head with a removable hat.