3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

BBTS sent me an email saying there's a slight delay shipping my Avengers Assemble figures because of a record amount of new product. Grrrr

Good. Hopefully that means my Wave 23 preorder and Joe stuff will be ready to ship soon.

I've been waiting since Thursday for them to ship my Pile of Loot. I won't tell you how much is in it, but let me say that I've been compiling it since Feb. 1....

I'd love to see a side by side of the new Hulks mixed with a standard MU figure. I like my Hulks big. Also wondering if I could swap heads between the two new ones. The cheaper on has the better of the two, if you ask me...

Mine is due to arrive tomorrow - I will post some head swaps.

My package arrived at my local sort center Saturday at 6:42 AM. No further updates since that time, and it did not come today. WTF? So no head swap pics today.

I'd love to see a side by side of the new Hulks mixed with a standard MU figure. I like my Hulks big. Also wondering if I could swap heads between the two new ones. The cheaper on has the better of the two, if you ask me...

My package arrived at my local sort center Saturday at 6:42 AM. No further updates since that time, and it did not come today. WTF? So no head swap pics today.

That sucks I was looking forward to see some head swaps.

I'm ticked off. I called Fedex and put in a ticket. Still no updates, still no delivery.

BBTS sent me an email saying there's a slight delay shipping my Avengers Assemble figures because of a record amount of new product. Grrrr

Good. Hopefully that means my Wave 23 preorder and Joe stuff will be ready to ship soon.

I've been waiting since Thursday for them to ship my Pile of Loot. I won't tell you how much is in it, but let me say that I've been compiling it since Feb. 1....

Finally got a shipment notification from BBTS. Will see my shipment on Friday. Can't wait for my GI Joe and Legends to come in...

Same here. I live vicariously through other collectors...

Today I received the four Avengers Assemble "bridge the gap" figures I was interested in. (They were supposed to get here Saturday or Monday, and I had to call FedEx several times to get them to look for the package and find it.) Here are some pictures for comparison purposes for those who might be interested.

First up: Hulk size comparisons. The Big Guy is actually big now. Here are some various Hulks with standard MU figures for comparison:

sizecomparohulkswithstandards_zps3802400

And here is a line of Hulks side by side. From L to R we have Light Up Base Hulk; Avengers Ruffalo Hulk (one of these things is not like the others!); the new Avengers Assemble Hulk (who technically is called "Gamma Fist" Hulk despite the fact that his fist is unexceptional; and who, despite being in the SHIELD gear line, has no gear); the most recent MU Hulk; and the original Avengers set Hulk.

P1090320cropped_zps6bd41483.jpg

Size-wise, I like this new Hulk. He is basically tied with the Light-up Base Hulk (which is the wave 2 MU Hulk with a better head). Kudos to the team.

Next I wanted to focus on the Hulk's head and explore the possibility of switching heads since if there is one general complaint about him, it is the head. First, I present your menu:

P1090295_zps4bae998e.jpg

Light-up Base/Wave 2 Hulk's head is a different design, with the peg extruding from the head and fitting into a hole into the body. Therefore, I did not remove it or try it on the new body. But I included him in the picture for head size comparison.

Of the other three heads, NONE fit on the neck peg of the new Assemble body - the peg is huge. Each would have to be dremelled. The following pics show the head perched atop the new body the best way I could manage without drilling, using blue tack.

And I'll tell you now - NONE of the greens match. The most workable simple switch is Wave 18 Hulk, in my opinion. It is a tad small, but is a good sculpt and the greens are not terribly mismatched, but I would have to paint it.

Light-up base Hulk's head is more ideal, but would require some surgery - and I'm not willing (yet) to give up the figure. Frankly I would look for a custom cast if you are dead set on replacing the head. Onyx has some attractive ones, but he is way backed up right now.

Ruffalo - too small:

P1090297_zpsccced84f.jpg

Original Avengers Hulk (would sit lower with a dremelling):

P1090311_zps75bf0d08.jpg

And Wave 18 Hulk:

P1090305_zpsfd7adaf7.jpg

And now on to Black Widow. This figure is pretty good, but I am not leaving her as-is. The body is a repaint of the Avengers movie Black Widow. The wrist blasters and belt are new, and not as good IMO. The belt is definitely smaller. Here is a comparison:

L-R this is light-up base 'Tasha, new Avengers Assemble 'Tasha, and the Avengers movie ScarJo 'Tasha. (My Wave 7 'Tasha has been cannibalized in favor of the Light-up Base version.)

P1090327adjusted_zps35e2e902.jpg

Immediately I wanted to do some head swapping, and I like all of these better:

P1090338adjusted_zps937885c4.jpg

In fact, I fell in love with this version immediately, and she was going straight to my shelf....

P1090337_zpsa48ac9b6.jpg

...when I realized I had one more thing to try.

P1090346adjusted_zpsd09c2285.jpg

Soooooo I ordered another.

So now I move on to the Red Skull and Falcon. We have seen Red Skull's body before, but the head is new, and has a hat. I thought it would be worthwhile to try the body from the movie version (same body but the uniform has some green instead of all black) and also the Colonel Vogel body. I like the added contrast the green uni gives, and I may keep it that way. The white is interesting, but ultimately not for me.

0298d3f9-a62e-4baf-a7f7-acbfd3e3c4e7_zps

Comparing the two Falcons, you can see that the new one is bigger in size and has a new head. The wings are also soft like typical cape material (but still translucent). They are also glued on securely - no removing these without a lot of effort. They are also designed in two pieces so that the upper arm and lower arm can move independently. Overall, very well done.

P1090362_zps3942059d.jpg

P1090369_zps939beae5.jpg

Well there you have it. All thing considered - knowing in advance these were not all new figures - I am still very pleased.

Thanks for the pics. I maintain that the Red Skull is the winner of the wave, and the only one I bought. Nobody is going to convince me that a 4th version of Black Widow, like an 8th version of Hulk, and a 3rd version of Falcon, were better choice than other Avengers like Vision, Wasp, Pym or Ant-Man just to name a few. The character selections ar awful. And they will be doing some hardcore pegwarming. It is all on Hasbro.