3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Those characters aren't even in the show. Why would they be figures?

They could have mixed in comic figures. Everyone I mentioned have been Avengers forever. Founding members even. Unless you think figures are better off rotting on pegs and being clearanced out.

Falcon/Cap comic packs are still at my TRUs and Targets. Iron Man, Hulk, Cap, and Widow Avengers figures have been bricking up the pegs in all stores for a solid year.

You cannot make the argument that this is good character selection.

What improvements? A Black Widow head for $10? The Hulk head looks like crap and no other head works. Missing articulation. The Falcon is now too tall and looks like he stopped flying and ate a box of Krispy Kremes every day for a month. The Cap sucks and there is a superior MU version right next to him on the pegs. Iron Man sucks and he's a new sculpt to boot.

What improvements? A Black Widow head for $10? The Hulk head looks like crap and no other head works. Missing articulation. The Falcon is now too tall and looks like he stopped flying and ate a box of Krispy Kremes every day for a month. The Cap sucks and there is a superior MU version right next to him on the pegs. Iron Man sucks and he's a new sculpt to boot.

To each his own. That Black Widow is superior to every MU version in both head and sculpt, while Falcon has better wings, a better buck, and a better head. The Hulk is finally the right size and bulk for a 1:18th scale, so I'm fine with saying he's an improvement over the pygmy/stumpy versions we've seen in the MU line. Red Skull is more comic accurate, so he's a plus (even if I'm not buying him).

No real comments on Iron Man or Captain America, as I'm not purchasing either one. I will say they are the downers of the first wave in comparison to the others, but I'm happy that the money saved on them went to better designs and bucks for the other figures in the wave.

This line is for the cartoon and it makes sense that there's characters from the cartoon. The fact that they are re-using decent molds and putting out some characters that are either new (Leader) or needed a re-release (comic Red Skull) is a nice bonus. Black Widow & Falcon are arguably upgrades.

I'm glad that these are half-way decent figures that don't have the usual "cartoon look" (see Wolverine & The X-Men). It's not MU quality but at least it's not t-crotch Assemblers.

As much as Hasbro drops the ball, there's not much reason to complain about a figure line for a cartoon that will probably only last 2 or 3 waves. Who knows, if this makes it to a wave 3 we could see needed villains like Molecule Man, Dracula, Modok & Ulik (all in the show).

Who else is in Wave 2 besides Black Fury, Ultimate Thor, Hawkeye & The Leader?

Aside from inevitable repacks of Wave 1 figures, that's it. Hasbro said there were only 10 figures.

Ah, forgot about that press release. Maybe some of the repacks will be variants.

I wouldn't mind seeing a green Falcon or tall-head Leader. Yelena would be a nice variant for Widow, but I don't that's going to happen.

Who else is in Wave 2 besides Black Fury, Ultimate Thor, Hawkeye & The Leader?

Aside from inevitable repacks of Wave 1 figures, that's it. Hasbro said there were only 10 figures.

Ah, forgot about that press release. Maybe some of the repacks will be variants.

I wouldn't mind seeing a green Falcon or tall-head Leader. Yelena would be a nice variant for Widow, but I don't that's going to happen.

I doubt it will either but you never know (surprise Hydra & Red Skull variants for the Captain America line).

Belova would be ace, hell I still want that custom Sharon Carter they showed 2 SDCC's ago. That I'm pretty sure was Black Widow painted white w/ a blond head.

Since I was unwilling to remove my LUB Hulk's head, I took photos of the new AA Hulk and LUB Hulk in the same spot taking care not to move my camera in order to to get the same scale. Then I moved LUB Hulk's head over via Photoshop and tinted it the matching color.

I may have found my Hulk. The head will take a bit of work to convert, and I'll have to sculpt a new neckline, but it may be worth it.

AAHulkLUBhead_zpse7cfda7c.jpg

Superior in terms of the new Cap should be put in quotes. I am not sure anything about the new Cap figure in MU can really be called superior. A more accurate statement may be "The Cap sucks and there is a slightly less sucky MU version right next to him on the pegs."

I can't think of one feature in the Avengers Cap that is better than MU Cap. I do think the JL Cyke buck is too small. Should be more the size of Tiger Shark/Herc.

Oh, not saying it is not SLIGHTLY better in every way, but I think the word "superior" implies a vast gap between the two. The gap is hardly huge.

And, I do like the torso on the Assembled figure better than the MU. It looks better in every way, especially the odd length of it and the high pecs on the MU version...bleh.

And now on to Black Widow. This figure is pretty good, but I am not leaving her as-is. The body is a repaint of the Avengers movie Black Widow. The wrist blasters and belt are new, and not as good IMO. The belt is definitely smaller. Here is a comparison:
L-R this is light-up base 'Tasha, new Avengers Assemble 'Tasha, and the Avengers movie ScarJo 'Tasha. (My Wave 7 'Tasha has been cannibalized in favor of the Light-up Base version.)
Immediately I wanted to do some head swapping, and I like all of these better:
In fact, I fell in love with this version immediately, and she was going straight to my shelf....
...when I realized I had one more thing to try.
P1090346adjusted_zpsd09c2285.jpg
Soooooo I ordered another.

I like this head for jean better than any I've seen used for her custom or not and as already stated it looks like a better MJ replacement too.

Avengers Assemble figs were found at my Targets, and they are busted looking. Good job Hasbro.

The 5 POA All-Stars or the full articulation wave? Surprised these haven't shown up in that many stores yet.

Give it a week or two. All the Targets here just reset this week and put 'em out. Walmart is clearing out space for their reset and TRU was starting to reshuffle things. Target's reset was nice because they put the MU pegs back up. Thank heavens. I was afraid they had dropped the line.

Avengers Assemble figs were found at my Targets, and they are busted looking. Good job Hasbro.

The 5 POA All-Stars or the full articulation wave? Surprised these haven't shown up in that many stores yet.

Give it a week or two. All the Targets here just reset this week and put 'em out. Walmart is clearing out space for their reset and TRU was starting to reshuffle things. Target's reset was nice because they put the MU pegs back up. Thank heavens. I was afraid they had dropped the line.

My Target was reset today as well and the All stars were out - man I was relieved when I realized they weren't the real figures. Still, though, aren't they just putting out direct competition to themselves to ensure both lines fail since each only appeals to half of it's audiences(kids v collectors)? Good to see the MU pegs back..... bad to see them all empty.

So I'm heading to the Chicago wizard world convention this weekend, for the first time since 2002(and for the first time I'm not getting paid to be there). Anything anyone recommends I check out at one of these? Also any locals with dinner recommendations in the area to take the wife to after putting up with my nonsense all day?