3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

I can't think of one feature in the Avengers Cap that is better than MU Cap. I do think the JL Cyke buck is too small. Should be more the size of Tiger Shark/Herc.

Captain America is 6'2" , Cyclops is 6'3"

that Cable/Tigershark body is WAY too tall, like 7ft. The Herc body is like 6'8" or something

went to 2 Targets and TRU.

Targets had done their resets, and it was disappointing. They both had 2 pegs for MU, but they were empty. They didn't have any other spots for MU 2 or 3 packs, and no spots for Gijoe at all.

They had the Avengers Assemble All-Stars line with 5 poa. I had thought that I might grab Thor for the head sculpt, but it looked too cartoony and all had bad paint. They also had the big Avengers Assemble figures and the Wolverine 5poa figures. Neither store had a spot for the regular Avengers Assemble figures. So that was weird. I wanted to scoop up a Red Skull, but it looks like they won't carry that line for a while since there wasn't even an empty peg.

TRU had received another case of the new Joes, but again, somebody came in and bought them all except for one figure.. the hunt continues, and will be even harder now the Target doesn't carry Joes at all

I can't think of one feature in the Avengers Cap that is better than MU Cap. I do think the JL Cyke buck is too small. Should be more the size of Tiger Shark/Herc.

that Cable/Tigershark body is WAY too tall, like 7ft. The Herc body is like 6'8" or something

More the size, not exactly the size. Though if you really want to start splitting hairs Tiger Shark is listed at 6'1". But this is the trouble you run into when you only have 3 molds to choose from.

More the size, not exactly the size. Though if you really want to start splitting hairs Tiger Shark is listed at 6'1". But this is the trouble you run into when you only have 3 molds to choose from. With Cap it's not as much about the height with his new MU figure as it is his muscles. He is bigger and stronger than "Slim" Cyclops but use the same buck.

More the size, not exactly the size. Though if you really want to start splitting hairs Tiger Shark is listed at 6'1". But this is the trouble you run into when you only have 3 molds to choose from.

More the size, not exactly the size. Though if you really want to start splitting hairs Tiger Shark is listed at 6'1". But this is the trouble you run into when you only have 3 molds to choose from. With Cap it's not as much about the height with his new MU figure as it is his muscles. He is bigger and stronger than "Slim" Cyclops but use the same buck.

I still find the MU version acceptable for now. The Avengers and Avengers Assemble versions, and Captain America line version for that matter, are all horrid.

I still think the original Secret Wars 2 pack Cap is, all around, the best Cap made to date at any scale.

My favorites are still the Invaders cap and the TRU light up base Cap. Pretty much upgraded versions of the Secret Wars Cap.

The movie line comic series figures had weird arms and the new MU one is just lazy IMO.

Just got Avengers Wave 1 from BBTS. They look better in person. The packaging is kind of cool too. Cap is the only dud of the six, at least in my opinion.

Mine just got delivered! Can't wait to get home and check them out...

Any idea where or Wave 22 is? Seems like everyone has them except BBTS...

Toys R Us. Mine has gotten 3-4 cases in the last month.

(Prologue: I like Supertom's kitbash of new Cap and LUB Cap. LUB Cap is staying on my shelf for now.)

I may have just taken one for the team, so I'm posting another informative set of pictures. Today, I bought the 5 POA Thor. I did this not because I support the line, but because I wanted the head. and because I stalked my Target's reset all freaking day, but they did not put out any MU figures despite leaving four pegs for them. This was the only interesting thing there for all my trouble. Also, tomorrow is my birthday and I just wanted to buy something, okay?

Anyway, here is the head on the modern MU Thor body (heads swapped):

P1090406adjusted_zps596ebbb8.jpg

The head is a little bit too small IMO, and definitely sits a little high. I dremelled it out to sit lower.

P1090399adjusted_zps6bcf202b.jpg

They have been complaints that the head is too "cartoony," but I refer you all to the JRJR-based current head I included for reference above. I think the new head is the more realistic of the two. But the Ages of Thunder Thor is still the best, IMO.

P1090415adjusted_zps58b5a68d.jpg

I'm not sold, but I like it well enough to try a repaint and see how it helps. Results will be posted in a few days.

BTW, I think the helmet sculpt is awesome. It may be worth hollowing out.

I reach out to this fellow New Yorker to see how he got his hands on this wave so fast...

I order this wave from Big Boys, since Cloak and Dagger & A Bomb may be variants

So here is where you are either going to be happy or smoking mad

he got the wave from asia, he order the Rhino wave ,but received this wave instead, I asked him if he got Dagger or A Bomb answer was no!

I happy to see a new grey hulk, Don't care for Zemo because I was able to get the Masters of Evil 3 pack, Black and White Iron Man is fine another member of the armor gallery ok I guess.

BUT THE FACTS ARE THE CASE ONLY HAS TWO NEW FIGURES!!!!!!!! WTF......... I'm really hoping that since this case came from an Asian Distributor.The American cases will be different.

Also thinkiing that it may be does like the most recent wave where all the figures were new and then a revision case came out minus two figures... This line is getting even harder to complete......... :angry:

went to 2 Targets and TRU.

Targets had done their resets, and it was disappointing. They both had 2 pegs for MU, but they were empty. They didn't have any other spots for MU 2 or 3 packs, and no spots for Gijoe at all.

They had the Avengers Assemble All-Stars line with 5 poa. I had thought that I might grab Thor for the head sculpt, but it looked too cartoony and all had bad paint. They also had the big Avengers Assemble figures and the Wolverine 5poa figures. Neither store had a spot for the regular Avengers Assemble figures. So that was weird. I wanted to scoop up a Red Skull, but it looks like they won't carry that line for a while since there wasn't even an empty peg.

TRU had received another case of the new Joes, but again, somebody came in and bought them all except for one figure.. the hunt continues, and will be even harder now the Target doesn't carry Joes at all

Same thing out here too. Three pegs, no MU.

I still think the original Secret Wars 2 pack Cap is, all around, the best Cap made to date at any scale.

I know this has to be a mistake.. because you can't really mean "at any scale"..

there have been some true masterpieces of Captain America made in the Toybiz Marvel Legends line.. 6 inch and even the big 18 inchers

(Prologue: I like Supertom's kitbash of new Cap and LUB Cap. LUB Cap is staying on my shelf for now.)
I may have just taken one for the team, so I'm posting another informative set of pictures. Today, I bought the 5 POA Thor. I did this not because I support the line, but because I wanted the head. and because I stalked my Target's reset all freaking day, but they did not put out any MU figures despite leaving four pegs for them. This was the only interesting thing there for all my trouble. Also, tomorrow is my birthday and I just wanted to buy something, okay?
Anyway, here is the head on the modern MU Thor body (heads swapped):
P1090406adjusted_zps596ebbb8.jpg
The head is a little bit too small IMO, and definitely sits a little high. I dremelled it out to sit lower.
P1090399adjusted_zps6bcf202b.jpg
They have been complaints that the head is too "cartoony," but I refer you all to the JRJR-based current head I included for reference above. I think the new head is the more realistic of the two. But the Ages of Thunder Thor is still the best, IMO.
P1090415adjusted_zps58b5a68d.jpg
I'm not sold, but I like it well enough to try a repaint and see how it helps. Results will be posted in a few days.
BTW, I think the helmet sculpt is awesome. It may be worth hollowing out.

thanks again for the great pics. My thoughts on that head are pretty much just like you said. I really like the style and I wanted to use it for an MU swap, but it's just a little off to me. While I do say it's "cartoony", I agree that it is much better than the Thor faces we have had in the MU line, with the exception of the Ages of Thunder Thors (both SDCC and regular). I agree that it could be improved with a repaint, but I lack the skills to do it.

My go to Thor head is a kitbash of the regular release of the Ages of Thunder Thor and the SW Thor. I peeled the helmet/hair piece off of the SW Thor head and did the same thing with the Ages of Thunder Thor. Then I put the helmet and hair from the SW Thor head onto the bald Ages of Thunder Thor head. That way you get the classic Thor helmet with a much improved face sculpt.

I know this has to be a mistake.. because you can't really mean "at any scale"..

there have been some true masterpieces of Captain America made in the Toybiz Marvel Legends line.. 6 inch and even the big 18 inchers

Yeah, I actually do. there is something about it that just so perfectly captures Cap and how I think he should look.

I do like the original ML Cap a lot, the two are very close.

I also have all the 12 inch movie caps from Hot Toys.

Could anyone actually clear up WHY they like SW or actually more importantly... What is the deal with the wave 22 one? I keep hearing he has a new sculpt.... but for the life of me I can't see any difference. OTHER then the belt piece... which I consider VASTLY inferior to the sculpted black belt from the Magneto/Cap set.

Which honestly is MY favorite one. Secret Wars version does not have the white star on his back, and thus looks incomplete to me... and he's got the pouches and utility belt of the 2000's cap. I loved him when I got him... but looked to upgrade. LUB cap looked pretty good with the classic 80's black belt sculpted... but he didn't have the star on his back either.

Magneto/Cap however... has the white star, the sculpted belt, waist articulations AND Elastic on shield so it can stay on his back... without a hole in the middle of his back.

Frankly I love that version, and despite my roaring addiction, I just can't seem to find a reason to bother wave 22 or LUB. What's the appeal?

Yeah, I actually do. there is something about it that just so perfectly captures Cap and how I think he should look.

I do like the original ML Cap a lot, the two are very close.

I also have all the 12 inch movie caps from Hot Toys.

I absolutely LOVE my wave 1 ML Cap, He was probably my favorite, but his shield went missing and I can't seem to track down a good replacement for it :(

I finally got the Avengers Assemble Red Skull and Black Widow. These figures are awesome. IMO they are the best 3.75" representations of these characters to date. Red Skull looks amazing. The head sculpt and paint apps are very well done. If they can continue to put out figures of this quality, I'll continue to collect/buy. I didn't buy the other figures in the wave because they looked a little too cartoony and lacked too much articulation.

...RS and BW are must-buys for MU collectors.

I finally got the Avengers Assemble Red Skull and Black Widow. These figures are awesome. IMO they are the best 3.75" representations of these characters to date. Red Skull looks amazing. The head sculpt and paint apps are very well done. If they can continue to put out figures of this quality, I'll continue to collect/buy. I didn't buy the other figures in the wave because they looked a little too cartoony and lacked too much articulation.

I would highly recommend Falcon as well. Those wings look so much better than the MU version.

I would highly recommend Falcon as well. Those wings look so much better than the MU version.

I pondered buying him for a long time before I decided not to. The wings do look great, but I think I'll wait for a review of him. I'll definitely give him a second look if I see him in stores.