3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

I finally got the Avengers Assemble Red Skull and Black Widow. These figures are awesome. IMO they are the best 3.75" representations of these characters to date. Red Skull looks amazing. The head sculpt and paint apps are very well done. If they can continue to put out figures of this quality, I'll continue to collect/buy. I didn't buy the other figures in the wave because they looked a little too cartoony and lacked too much articulation.

...RS and BW are must-buys for MU collectors.

I would highly recommend Falcon as well. Those wings look so much better than the MU version.

I pondered buying him for a long time before I decided not to. The wings do look great, but I think I'll wait for a review of him. I'll definitely give him a second look if I see him in stores.
Only negative points I can say are that he has no wrists, no Redwing, and he has those movie style round hips.

As for hauls, I finally snagged Shocker. Needs gauntlets but is an otherwise cool figure

"Caved" and ordered Mysterio, Rhino, Elektra, and Cap from Smalljoes. They were in-hand and a few dollars less than BBTS. Disappointed in BBTS this time.

"Caved" and ordered Mysterio, Rhino, Elektra, and Cap from Smalljoes. They were in-hand and a few dollars less than BBTS. Disappointed in BBTS this time.

I saw that set there for $44.99, no shame in that man. It's a solid pickup.

I agree. I did the same exact thing a few moments ago. I was quite disappointed by even the lack of communication/updates about this from BBTS who are historically one of the first to receive and ship orders of MU- to not even get the charged for this when preorders were made in April and these have been showing up at retail was very disconcerning. I am hoping to get my order in from Smalljoes this week and then give BBTS another chance with the next wave is released ...or not.

Saw the entire 3.75 inch Star Wars Black first wave, passed on it, only after Mara Jade and not any of the others. They look cool though but not my thing. No Joes, the lady grabbed up the first Puck we have ever seen in the wild. Grabbed a Tower of Omens for 10 to serve as the home of Black Panther. A Cad Bane for 2 at Target on clearance for well, who the heck knows but he was too cool to pass up.

TONS of two packs on clearance for 13 at Walmart but none I am interested in.

I finally got the Avengers Assemble Red Skull and Black Widow. These figures are awesome. IMO they are the best 3.75" representations of these characters to date. Red Skull looks amazing. The head sculpt and paint apps are very well done. If they can continue to put out figures of this quality, I'll continue to collect/buy. I didn't buy the other figures in the wave because they looked a little too cartoony and lacked too much articulation.

I would highly recommend Falcon as well. Those wings look so much better than the MU version.

I pondered buying him for a long time before I decided not to. The wings do look great, but I think I'll wait for a review of him. I'll definitely give him a second look if I see him in stores.
Only negative points I can say are that he has no wrists, no Redwing, and he has those movie style round hips.

As for hauls, I finally snagged Shocker. Needs gauntlets but is an otherwise cool figure

I took the shackles from the XMOW Weapon X figure and trimmed the chains off to make make-shift gauntlets for my Shocker.

I went to Wizard World Chicago yesterday. Several booths had Marvel Universe figures. One booth pretty much had them all but for big money. The only figures I did not see there was the unmasked Dr Doom exclusive and a Maria Hill.

While I was there, I got autographs from Stan Lee and Chris Claremont. I am super happy about that.

I took the shackles from the XMOW Weapon X figure and trimmed the chains off to make make-shift gauntlets for my Shocker.
Can you post a pic?

I went to Wizard World Chicago yesterday. Several booths had Marvel Universe figures. One booth pretty much had them all but for big money. The only figures I did not see there was the unmasked Dr Doom exclusive and a Maria Hill.

While I was there, I got autographs from Stan Lee and Chris Claremont. I am super happy about that.

I was there as well, first time in 10 years and it's really quadrupled in size.The only unmasked Doom I remember seeing was $120. Lots of MU but, yeah, mostly everything was ridiculously overpriced. One guy had Gladiators for $20. I'm not a big autograph guy so I avoided the lines - one of my friends waited 3 hours for Norman Reedus though. How long was the line for Stan? My huge success - I was there for 5 minutes and found a loose red/blue Goliath for $30 to fill a huge hole in my collection.

null-33.jpg?t=1376281870

The other stuff I got where all for future custom ideas and I had to haggle to get less than $10. Grabbed an Indian version of Croc Master for a buddy that has a ridiculous Croc Master obsession. One booth had a ton of Futurama figures for $10 eacch and I forgot to go back for them before I left. The big break was hitting a Meijer for gas on the way to Chicago and swinging in to see a ton of stuff on clearance, and 25% extra off of all clearance. Avengers Hulk was down to $3ish and Iron Patriot Legend was about $8. I would have grabbed a ton more legends but I had no idea what I would want to spend at the show so I held off.

In all the show was lots of fun - my buddy and I decided to reuse last year's Halloween costumes and dressed up as Calvin and Hobbes. It's a pretty lazy costume but lots of folks seemed to enjoy us. Afterwards, the wife and I hit a 7/11 on the way to our hotel and the clerk really laughed about selling a guy in a tiger costume a case of Old Style.

I was there as well, first time in 10 years and it's really quadrupled in size.The only unmasked Doom I remember seeing was $120. Lots of MU but, yeah, mostly everything was ridiculously overpriced. One guy had Gladiators for $20. I'm not a big autograph guy so I avoided the lines - one of my friends waited 3 hours for Norman Reedus though. How long was the line for Stan? My huge success - I was there for 5 minutes and found a loose red/blue Goliath for $30 to fill a huge hole in my collection.

null-33.jpg?t=1376281870

The other stuff I got where all for future custom ideas and I had to haggle to get less than $10. Grabbed an Indian version of Croc Master for a buddy that has a ridiculous Croc Master obsession. One booth had a ton of Futurama figures for $10 eacch and I forgot to go back for them before I left. The big break was hitting a Meijer for gas on the way to Chicago and swinging in to see a ton of stuff on clearance, and 25% extra off of all clearance. Avengers Hulk was down to $3ish and Iron Patriot Legend was about $8. I would have grabbed a ton more legends but I had no idea what I would want to spend at the show so I held off.

In all the show was lots of fun - my buddy and I decided to reuse last year's Halloween costumes and dressed up as Calvin and Hobbes. It's a pretty lazy costume but lots of folks seemed to enjoy us. Afterwards, the wife and I hit a 7/11 on the way to our hotel and the clerk really laughed about selling a guy in a tiger costume a case of Old Style.

I was there the whole weekend last year. It seemed a little smaller this year. It took an hour and a half to get Stan Lee's autograph but he was a trooper. I told him that I loved his cameos and he said "Oh thank you I love doing them." Chris Claremont took all of two minutes to get his autographs. He was only charging $5 each. I had him sign the three book I had brought and wish I would have brought a couple more.

Yeah things are pretty overpriced there. The only figure I bought was a Bioshock Infinite Elizabeth figure for $30 because I hadn't been able to find one before that. There was one booth that had good prices on some Star Trek stuff but I didn't get anything there. I got a custom frame from Collector's Resource for my signed comics that is awesome. It's UV protectant and they had a show special on it. Can't recommend them enough. Only other stuff I picked up was a couple t-shirts, some Green Lantern plastic rings from all the corps, and a couple Essentials for $3 each. We actually left an hour early because we had already seen everything.

I hit my TRU yesterday and found the remnants of the Herc wave...but nothing else new. Also.. IM3 Assemblers are really clearing out. I think adult fans need to admit that these are pretty far from peg warmers, it just took them awhile to really start moving. I'm hoping we see the more movie based one en mass. I would like some of them.

Also, that TRU got one of those GI JOE full cases--full of Storm Shadows from wave 1. Nothing else.