3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

eBay's kokomo-toys has carded Cloak and Abomination in stock for 16.00 but will accept $15.00 if you offer.

More proof the first rollout is 2 x Cloak and 2 x Abomination. That's a given now.

Man they used to charge cheaper for new figs, that's about $19-$20 with shipping per fig. More proof that these mom and pop stores are going to use the "These are the last waves" to jack the prices up on these last figures.

The thing about Abomination and Cloak is that we don't know how quick these are going to dry up and convert to A-Bomb and Dagger because of their variant status. Bag Man dried up right away and switched to Future Foundation Spidey. Translucent Strange dried up quick and converted to regular Strange. Some variants like Blastaar aren't as bad. But we don't know which way this is going to go. I don't mind spending $15 for Abomination and Cloak, or Dagger and A-Bomb for that matter. It's a small hedged bet to ward off a $50-75 price tag later.

The rest of the wave I'm getting for $9.99 at TRU or Walmart no sweat.

By the way, with $6-8 gas minimum to go on a toy hunt (probably repeated hunts) and sales tax, the figures cost the same or more as Kokomo even if you find them at brick and mortar.

One of the Walmarts here marked the Assemblers down to $5, so I picked up an extra Thumper to repaint as Gamma and an extra Nightclub to repaint in movie-accurate red/gold.

*Edit*

Also found the new wave of the Iron Man All-Stars. The Nano Shell Armor had a hand that had melted down to a nub. Looked like he was an amputee.

The thing about Abomination and Cloak is that we don't know how quick these are going to dry up and convert to A-Bomb and Dagger because of their variant status. Bag Man dried up right away and switched to Future Foundation Spidey. Translucent Strange dried up quick and converted to regular Strange. Some variants like Blastaar aren't as bad. But we don't know which way this is going to go. I don't mind spending $15 for Abomination and Cloak, or Dagger and A-Bomb for that matter. It's a small hedged bet to ward off a $50-75 price tag later.

The rest of the wave I'm getting for $9.99 at TRU or Walmart no sweat.

By the way, with $6-8 gas minimum to go on a toy hunt (probably repeated hunts) and sales tax, the figures cost the same or more as Kokomo even if you find them at brick and mortar.

Got a Dagger in the mail today, and for once I read the back of the card--which is now a crazy graphic design disaster because it needs to be trilingual. But anyway, the description of the "Marvel Knights" is completely bizarre to me, and seems to offer a feeble attempt to explain why the figures aren't together in a comic pack, only in "story" terms:

"Once, this super-powered duo fought crime together. Now, Cloak rages unchecked, controlled by a dark force. The MARVEL KNIGHTS must stop him, but Dagger may be the only one who can return him to balance before he consumes them all!"

Um...isn't Cloak's whole thing that he controls THE Darkforce? Is this some other dark force that has taken control of him? And who, then, are the "MARVEL KNIGHTS?" Dagger is clearly one of them, but Cloak is obviously not, since he's OUT TO KILL THEM.

Wow. I haven't been reading these cardbacks in a while. Are they all this bad?

Is this how they plan to handle Northstar and Aurora as well? Maybe like this:

"Once as close as a brother and sister can be, now Northstar has joined the X-men, and is thus SOLD SEPARATELY. It's up to Aurora to convince him to return and fight once more alongside ALPHA FLIGHT, the team that is mentioned on the front of this package."