3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

I just bought a Toy Biz 1995 Iron Man line Modok. Had a chance to see both this weekend and I love the size of the IM line Modok more than the BAF. Gonna repaint him though gold with metallic purple headband/arms and legs. Plus the 2 head mounted cannons put it over the edge. Plus my Mistress Death comes today.

The figure is fine and cheaper than the BAF, but it looks like what it is - a 20 year old sculpt. The BAF looks like it could still be released today.

I disagree. The sculpt is badass. With proper paint, its a very cool figure.

13680381193_5121a47a8b_c.jpg

I just bought a Toy Biz 1995 Iron Man line Modok. Had a chance to see both this weekend and I love the size of the IM line Modok more than the BAF. Gonna repaint him though gold with metallic purple headband/arms and legs. Plus the 2 head mounted cannons put it over the edge. Plus my Mistress Death comes today.

The figure is fine and cheaper than the BAF, but it looks like what it is - a 20 year old sculpt. The BAF looks like it could still be released today.

I disagree. The sculpt is badass. With proper paint, its a very cool figure.

13680381193_5121a47a8b_c.jpg

*smokes cigarette*

Thanks, that was awesome.

Yesterday I used the new discount code to order Death's Head and 80's/bearded/Simonson Thor from HTS. At the time I felt disappointed that I hadn't waited to place the big order for Valkyrie, Ares, etc. because I could have saved some serious money. Then again, by the time that I went online to discover the code and place the order for Death's Head and Thor, all of those other figures were out of stock. So if I had waited I might have missed out on those completely.

I can't wait until the boxes start to arrive!

Those repainted MODOK figures look awesome, guys! I wish Hasbro would release something comparable for the 3.75" scale.

My ionic Wonder Man and beared Thor figures have arrived. I'm pretty happy with the Thor sculpt, but I wish a wash had been applied to his hair to make it look more "realistic." Still a nice figure, though. I got the message that my big order that includes Valkyrie, Ares, Ant-man and Omega Red has shipped. I can't wait until Valkyrie arrives. Her and Nighthawk were "dream" figures for me. I'm a huge fan of the old Defenders comics. Now if they would just make Hellcat, Devil-Slayer, and Gargoyle.... Hellstrom would be another "dream figure," but I don't think Hasbro has the cajones to ever make him.

Anyone spot the Air Raid Green Goblin from the ASM2 line at retai yet? There were were a few on eBay that went for $50 to $60 in the last week. I missed out on both, thankfully, and just grabbed one for $10.

Not yet. I really want him and the Electro in this wave, but this line tanked hard and nobody is restocking. I'm hoping HTS puts 'em up soon.

The big question with these latter-day movie-based 3.75" lines is would they have been stronger sellers if they had had better articulation and included some "comic series" figures? The old Wolverine and Iron Man 2 lines seemed to have been pretty strong sellers compared to what's been released since then. (The Captain America line did include some great comic-based figures such as Crossbones and U.S. Agent, but then it fell into endless Captain America variant figures.)

Really, why doesn't Hasbro just go for it again? It seemed to me, based on what I saw in my area, that the old lines were stronger sellers, so why not do that approach again. The latest lines really seem to have been flops.

The big question with these latter-day movie-based 3.75" lines is would they have been stronger sellers if they had had better articulation and included some "comic series" figures? The old Wolverine and Iron Man 2 lines seemed to have been pretty strong sellers compared to what's been released since then. (The Captain America line did include some great comic-based figures such as Crossbones and U.S. Agent, but then it fell into endless Captain America variant figures.)

Really, why doesn't Hasbro just go for it again? It seemed to me, based on what I saw in my area, that the old lines were stronger sellers, so why not do that approach again. The latest lines really seem to have been flops.

The problem was the crazy amount of the main characters that they overproduced. If they cut down on the Iron Man/Cap/Thor figures and focused on a wide variety of villains/sidekicks and one or two well made main heroes, I believe the lines would sell.

No hauls for a while, but I did spot a couple Wasps at my local Target. I had bought one a few weeks previous for 28$ after running all over the place looking for her and here they were staring at me with an 11$ price tag. Quite disheartening. I guess I underestimated the distribution of refresher cases.

Anyone spot the Air Raid Green Goblin from the ASM2 line at retai yet? There were were a few on eBay that went for $50 to $60 in the last week. I missed out on both, thankfully, and just grabbed one for $10.

Thanks for the heads-up, grabbed one last night on ebay for $15 shipped. All other completed auctions are +$50!