3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

So I broke down and did something some Marvel collectors would consider a sin.

I was doing errands and happened to pass by TRU. Being unable to stop my curiosity I went in to check if by some miracle of God, the had gotten Wave 2 of MI. Unfortunately, once again just had pegs full of unsold Heroic Age Iron Man, Grim Reaper and Hyperion. This had to be the eleventyseventh time I've seen the completely undistubred display. As I walked away dejected, I saw them in a huge display I had missed when I was walking in. 40% off this week only, the entire catalog of 12" Marvel Titan series that everyone is so eager to bash. I had never purchased these before as their price didn't match their value IMO. But at 8.97, I couldn't pass them up. I quickly grabbed Dr. Doom and Ultimate Spider-Man (Miles Morales).

As much as everyone claims these are garbage, I really like them. I won't be completing the set as most of the characters don't interest me, but the two I bought are quite nice. As with 95% of my collectibles, I left them in their boxes to display as the graphics on the boxes are some of my favorites. They're something I would have gone crazy over if I these had come out 15 years ago. I definitely think this series doesn't deserve the poor reputation it has. If they ever bring out an X-Men wave, I think I might just gobble them all up, at the next 40% sale :tongue: .

I got him in the mail yesterday. I could only snap this photo of him with my Universe figures before the camera died. He really looks like the Legends version to me but I don't have that figure to compare it too. No defects, everything is tight. Very well worth the money. I am thinking of grabbing an extra. I only paid 9.99 for him and shipping and handling was free. I am happy with my purchase.

EDIT: AFTER WATCHING THE SP LEGENDS REVIEW OF HIS FIGURE. THIS IS NOT THE MARVEL LEGENDS FIGURE BUT A KNOCKOFF LIKE PUSHYOUDOWN STATED BEFORE. IT IS NOT AS ARTICULATED AS THAT ONE. I JUST WANTED TO CLEAR THAT UP.

Sorry for the confusion, I never owned the Legends version and just occuered to me to watch the video review of the real one.

100_4314.jpg

I was doing errands and happened to pass by TRU. Being unable to stop my curiosity I went in to check if by some miracle of God, the had gotten Wave 2 of MI. Unfortunately, once again just had pegs full of unsold Heroic Age Iron Man, Grim Reaper and Hyperion. This had to be the eleventyseventh time I've seen the completely undistubred display. As I walked away dejected, I saw them in a huge display I had missed when I was walking in. 40% off this week only, the entire catalog of 12" Marvel Titan series that everyone is so eager to bash. I had never purchased these before as their price didn't match their value IMO. But at 8.97, I couldn't pass them up. I quickly grabbed Dr. Doom and Ultimate Spider-Man (Miles Morales).

As much as everyone claims these are garbage, I really like them. I won't be completing the set as most of the characters don't interest me, but the two I bought are quite nice. As with 95% of my collectibles, I left them in their boxes to display as the graphics on the boxes are some of my favorites. They're something I would have gone crazy over if I these had come out 15 years ago. I definitely think this series doesn't deserve the poor reputation it has. If they ever bring out an X-Men wave, I think I might just gobble them all up, at the next 40% sale :tongue: .

If you are happy thats all that matters. You only get to live for so long on this Earth so enjoy it :).

I've seriously been considering picking up that Doom to use as a Doombot. Don't feel bad if you're happy.

If you are happy thats all that matters. You only get to live for so long on this Earth so enjoy it :).

I've seriously been considering picking up that Doom to use as a Doombot. Don't feel bad if you're happy.

I'm pretty happy with my purchase. I can only hope the line improves from here.

That's cool. Looks like an appropriate size. Any chance the head is removable easily?

I want to do a comic head version.

Yeah it is. I just popped it off and back on again.

I forgot to mention that he does not bend at the knees. Also does not have articulation at the shoulders where you can pull his arms side to side either or wrists or feet. Just bends at the elbows back and forth. You can twist him at the chest which is easily seen on the figure but can not bend back and forth. The head can look up and down. Eight points of Articulation that I can count. I would think of those old Star Wars figures from the 80's except that you can bend him at the elbows back and forth like I said and twist him at the chest and move his head up and down.

I said he had a crunch in the chest while ago but now editing it to say that you can only twist it. I don't review figures or anything just take them out and pose them on my shelf. I have watched reviews before in the past on youtube to try and figure out if I want to buy figures in the past. This one I just grabbed figuring 9.99 was not a bad price and worth a risk.

EDIT: At the shoulders you can move is arms back and forth. Just not side to side. There might be other flaws in my post that I do not mention correcty. I am making corrections here and there.

EDIT: AFTER WATCHING THE SP LEGENDS REVIEW OF HIS FIGURE. THIS IS NOT THE MARVEL LEGENDS FIGURE BUT A KNOCKOFF LIKE PUSHYOUDOWN STATED BEFORE. IT IS NOT AS ARTICULATED AS THAT ONE. I JUST WANTED TO CLEAR THAT UP.

Sorry for the confusion, I never owned the Legends version and just occuered to me to watch the video review of the real one.

Hey Dodge76...

Is there a link to where you got your Groot? I think I need this one now...

Just type in Marvel Legends on Ebay and you should see Groot pop up pretty quickly usually the first listing if not a little futher down. The seller went up on the price a litttle bit.

Last Time I am going to talk about this figure but throwing a heads up. I just watched the SP toy review of the Legends figure and this is not the Legends figure like PushyouDown stated. It's not as articulated as that figure. It's just a knockoff but still pretty cool if you do not want to spend the money to buy all the other figures to put him together. I just wanted to clear that up.

Nothing Marvel (again), but I picked up 7 Amiibo figures. Glad I found Marth because he seems to be rare. Fox is definitely my favorite so far, but Samus is nice too. I'm interested to see how far Nintendo will go with these, because I will gladly snatch up each one they make.

I think they're planning one for each Smash character. Also, thanks for the heads up on Marth. I'll keep on eye out to see if he's equally as rare around here.

Since I'm posting here, I might as well mention my last Marvel haul was just the Brown and Yellow Titan Series Wolvie. Even though he's far from obscure, he's still an X-Men and I had to get him before the 40% off sale was over. They didn't have any of the Blue and Yellow variant at TRU. Besides the huge 6 figure Target exclusive set which I have no interest in, I haven't seen the Blue and Yellow anywhere. I wouldn't exactly say I'm looking for it, but I wouldn't mind picking it up if the opportunity arose and the price was right.

Wal Mart had Super Hero Mashers for 8 bucks so I picked Ghost Rider, Iceman and Dr Doom. I grabbed the last of each one. The only figures left on the pegs were 3 Hawkeyes which I'll bet will stay there 'till the end of time. He seems to be the least popular character in everything...

Also to follow up on the Amiibos, Marth and Wii Fit Trainer are nowhere to be found around these parts. Must have been shortpacked to hell considering how much stock they have of everyone else.

Found Yellow Jacket at my local Target, no sign of the rest of wave 2 though. They did restock the pegs with wave 1 again so hopefully they sell for Christmas and I get new product here.

That could also be a less-than-legitimate return by someone who ordered a case and wanted to be rid of the repack.