3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

I dont know if any of you have been keeping tabs. I went to HTS to search for the new wave and they have all been removed. No "Coming Soon" any more. The Legends are still there as "Coming Soon" along with Spiderman new Wave. Maybe they are updating the site as "In Stock"...hopefully!!!

Big Time Spidey is still there. I'll bet you they were removed to jack up the prices.

Greetings all,

Like most of you, I've been watching HTS for the better part of the month waiting for those infinite series figures to show up. So imagine my surprise last night when I walked into a brick and mortar store and found the better part of these hanging on the pegs. I've attached a picture at the bottom.

I'm located in Canada and the store I found these at is Superstore, part of the Loblaws grocery chain with names that vary as you are in different parts of Canada. Most of the time the store sucks, but occasionally they get in stuff that no one else seems to (I recall a wave of Star Wars toys that was only really available from them a year or two ago). So perhaps these will come to retail at some point soon?

I picked up the Black Cat, Beast (blue) and both versions of Sandman. Left behind the Spiderman figure and the grey Beast as well as the Hawkeye figure. I didn't see the Bishop or Daredevil figures on the pegs so I don't know if they shipped with this wave or not. There were two each of Beast blue, Beast grey, Sandman regular, Sandman sand and Spiderman but only one of Hawkeye and Black Cat. So it totaled twelve figures but I have no way of knowing if I came across a full case or the remains of two cases. I was only hoping to pick up the Bishop figure and that would have had me largely up to date on the MU stuff.

The bad news: $14.99 CAD was the price (plus taxes of course). With suggestions U.S. pricing is going to $12.99 and a lousy Canadian dollar, that seems, most unfortunately, about right. Nearly $70 CAD after taxes for four figures is fairly outrageous IMO but it is what it is.

I will say this though, the paint apps on these figures is quite high quality. No googly eyes or splotchy paint. Haven't opened them yet, just happy to have them at this point.

post-64675-0-00068400-1424288285_thumb.jpg

I contacted Hasbrotoyshop's customer service yesterday, asking for a general release date on the Bishop/Black Cat wave, and today I got the following response:

Just wanted to follow up with you. I did find out that these items have now been taken down from the hasbrotoyshop.com site since we there has been an unexpected delay in us being able to get them in stock. They will be back up as soon as we are able to get them in.

Rest assured you are not missing out on these however we do not have an ETA at this time for when they will arrive.

It was nice of the customer rep that I initially e-mailed to follow up on the issue. I know it's their job, but a lot of times people, unfortunately, are too lazy to bother. Unfortunately, the "rest assured" part isn't too reassuring, since I don't have a lot of confidence in my chances of picking up Bishop and "sand-form" Sandman before other people have beaten me to the punch.

Toy'R'US brick actual mortar stores charging 11.99-12.99 bucks too, Funny because I've gone to customer service a couple times trying to get them to price match...

THEY won't price match their own online store....WTF.

But if it isn't in stock they'll (or at least used to back when) ship to store for free?!!!

yeah, I only go into toys r us to see what's out. Them and Target (now) priced themselves out of my business on many items.

(exceptions are Store exclusives I can't get via online store sites)

Toy'R'US brick actual mortar stores charging 11.99-12.99 bucks too, Funny because I've gone to customer service a couple times trying to get them to price match...

THEY won't price match their own online store....WTF.

But if it isn't in stock they'll (or at least used to back when) ship to store for free?!!!

yeah, I only go into toys r us to see what's out. Them and Target (now) priced themselves out of my business on many items.

(exceptions are Store exclusives I can't get via online store sites)

I've never understood why stores won't price match their own website when they also price match their competition.