3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Northstar, Colossus Juggernaut, Emma Frost, Chameleon, Deadpool and Korg are all showing up on Taobao at the moment. Looks like this will be our next wave. The wait is finally over. Only Skurge to go!

Sweet Thanks!!!!

Be quiet, you guys! If Hasbro hears you talking like that, they'll stick the figure in whatever toy limbo has swallowed up everything else they've shown us and failed to give us.

Hhhhmmmm, I wonder if that's where the Magik I desire is residing.

I'm primarily an MU collector but the one Legend I want that looks to be forever lost is the Dani Moonstar from several years back. Still brings a tear to my eye...

well that looks promising! I'm glad to be getting Deadpool, Colossus, Emma and Northstar! Korg and chameleon are cool too. I'm also glad they didn't waste a slot on an Ultron that we don't need. and Kaine is being packaged into a comic pack which is probably more suitable for that figure to sell anyway.

Northstar, Colossus Juggernaut, Emma Frost, Chameleon, Deadpool and Korg are all showing up on Taobao at the moment. Looks like this will be our next wave. The wait is finally over. Only Skurge to go!

The seller seems to have Ant-Man in the mix as well. Woulnd't be surprising if Hasbro repacked him in the next wave on the heels of the movie.

But if so, that's 7 figures in a 12-figure case, which would mean two are short-packed...

The seller seems to have Ant-Man in the mix as well. Woulnd't be surprising if Hasbro repacked him in the next wave on the heels of the movie.

But if so, that's 7 figures in a 12-figure case, which would mean two are short-packed...

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the Ant-Man. I just took a snip from the seller's page to show the new figures. There were a lot of other figures from past waves on the same page. Ant-Man and Anakin just happened to get caught in the snapshot I took.

I went and got some of the figures from Taobao. All the new ones besides Korg, who really didn't interest me.

Northstar and Colossonaut are fine. Emma Frost looks great. Fantastic painting, a very gravure, glamorous face, well-done hair...different tones of blue for the eyeliner and the lipstick. It looks far less awkward than a lot of the white lipstick variants people have tried on Emma Frost toys and statues in the past.

X-men Deadpool is pretty fun. It's the Deadpool figure we know from XMO:Wolverine.

The disappointing one is Chameleon, I'm afraid. The arms and legs are the ones from the SDCC Destro figure and Professor X, but the new torso is completely terrible. His posture is weird––his chest is puffed forward and he seems to be suffering from scoliosis. The puffed-out chest reaches nearly Liefieldian proportions, and Chameleon's chin comes close to touching the chest.

But the basic problem is the range of flex for posing––the new torso has limited motion of all limbs connected to it. The head cannot tilt up and it can barely tilt down. The arm sockets are blocked on the left and right by the chestpiece, and as a result, Chameleon is not able to move his arms in the same radius as the SDCC Destro figure. What's more, the suit coattails wrap around the hip of the figure, stopping Chameleon from moving his legs forward or backward, or to the left or right at the hips. He can widen his stance a little bit, but you can't pose his legs forward or back at all. There's no neck on the figure, and the figure somehow comes out shorter than the SDCC Destro figure it was based on.

The torso also has a radically different, far glossier texture than the arms and legs. I'm not sure if that's final for how the figure is going to be painted, but if so, that would be another mistake. Still, the limits of the maneuverability are really remarkable, and they didn't need to happen if they just kept to the original buck. Super-lame.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the Ant-Man. I just took a snip from the seller's page to show the new figures. There were a lot of other figures from past waves on the same page. Ant-Man and Anakin just happened to get caught in the snapshot I took.

That could well be. I just notice though that the seller seems to have posted the Ant-Man at the same time as the other six with all seven figures sharing a photo background that's different from other MU figures he sells. This proves nothing other than they were presumably listed at the same time. But birds of a feather sometimes flock together...just some food for thought. :)