3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Bite the bullet and went down to Washington State to find the comic packs since there was nothing in Canada. Found all three at Target but it was strange that it was the only Little Legends stuff, no single packs or Cap Cycle Pack. Also Thor's face, in real life, was not as bad as it seemed online and in my opinion all three were worth the purchase.

Still no sign of the Marvel figures at my closest 5Below. I already have all of those figures (one of my favorite waves!), but I wouldn't have minded getting another Valkyrie for cheap.

Today I finally pick up that Vance/Cap comic book pack. I finally found a set with nice paint apps at my closest Toys R Us, and couldn't resist. Very cool to have a good Vance Astro figure in my 3.75" collection!

I've only seen Ant man and Ares at 5 below so far. They are getting full cases of single characters. Ant man I can kinda understand.....but who's idea was it to pack a character like Ares 12 per case?

I have terrible news for you: they got full cases, but someone has already grabbed the "good" stuff.

have you been wiping out an entire retail chain? I have 2 on my way home from work and both only ever had the Antman/Ares. 1 of which is wiped out already and reset with those playmotion things.

I've only seen Ant man and Ares at 5 below so far. They are getting full cases of single characters. Ant man I can kinda understand.....but who's idea was it to pack a character like Ares 12 per case?

I have terrible news for you: they got full cases, but someone has already grabbed the "good" stuff.

have you been wiping out an entire retail chain? I have 2 on my way home from work and both only ever had the Antman/Ares. 1 of which is wiped out already and reset with those playmotion things.

I haven't personally wiped out any stores (as PsychoPirate can attest), but stores received full cases. At $5 a pop, I can imagine scalpers/customizers/collectors could tear through a store's inventory awfully quick. For example, I purchased 9 Valkyries, 4 Cyclops, 4 Omega Reds, and 2 Ares, and barely made a dent in the Newnan's store inventory. There were literally full pegs (8-12 figures on a peg) of each character remaining, and I didn't even touch any Deathloks, Antmans, or Beta Ray Bills (which would have been in the dozens).

My 5 below never received any and I've been checking frequently.

Don't fret, illestr8r. My local stores haven't received any yet but I messaged Five Below corporate and was told they should be on their way in the next week or two. I'm not sure why the rollout is so stretched out with these figures to all of their stores but it is.

I have the Gamora figure in hand, and I like it pretty well. Though it does have tiny feet. Really undersized. Like the other new ones, it doesn't stand up on its own very well. It is, though, one of the figures that really benefits from the emphasis on unique sculpts. Her armor is very detailed, and she has a great face and hair.

This version of Gamora has not had a chance to shine in the comics––I think in part because the Guardians are hot enough property now that they have to be kept in this IP–driven narrative stasis. Gamora when she wore the Guardians uniform was a much more dynamic character, with a real arc and development and everything. I think that's a big part of why most of us would have preferred that look for her. That, and the idea that the new armor is very derivative of sci fi video games. But in the collection of figures the colors on the new armor really make her stand out. Personally, I don't mind the new look––I just wish they'd do something with the character at this point, and keep her interesting.