3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

I'm getting close to having all of the current wave in my collection. I still need to get the Machine Man/Iron Man cb pack, and the single-carded figures for Black Panther (I never got that Toys R Us one -- wasn't worth the money to me), Ulik, and 1st Appearance Iron Man (I really like the metallic look to him -- Hasbro did a great job with the repaint).

It's so nice being able to buy these figures in the store again!! I love being able to pick out ones with the best paint jobs (the Vance/Sam Cap pack seems to be the worst offender in this batch).

• 2 weeks later...

While we wait for wave 2 to drop, is anyone else a little annoyed that the comic books included with the 2-packs only contain advertising for the 6" lines? If these were someone's first purchase, they wouldn't necessarily even know there was a 3.75" series currently in production. Of course this doesn't really surprise me but Hasbro's handling of this line continues to disappoint.

While we wait for wave 2 to drop, is anyone else a little annoyed that the comic books included with the 2-packs only contain advertising for the 6" lines? If these were someone's first purchase, they wouldn't necessarily even know there was a 3.75" series currently in production. Of course this doesn't really surprise me but Hasbro's handling of this line continues to disappoint.

Yes, that bothers me. Pretty much everything they do that seems to favor the 6" line bothers me. Which is a lot.

Seeing those stylistic diorama photographed ads at the backs and inside covers of the marvel comics at the time really drove my interest into the Marvel Universe line. Seeing Galactus and the MU figures really raised an eyebrow for me, so to see those no longer produced is disappointing.

It amazes me, that the 3 and 3/4 Marvel team is doing as good a job as they can with their hands and feet basically bound. It seems the funding for advertising has gone away from it (much the same as the funds for card art; file cards; stands; accessories have seemingly been absorbed into the 6 inch line budget). To build a healthy line, Hasbro needs to replenish the budget of the line, the smart move would be to seperate the divisions so that the money flows into the line-for example: if the 3 and 3/4 line (at it's exasperated and inflated price), were to take the profits made from that line (exclusively) and use that (or at least part of that) to supplement the budget, then they would be able to at the very least restore articulation or lower the price point back to a more affordable price point ($7.99-$9.99).

It is hard to believe that the 6 inch line's budget comes exclusively from that lines profits, when their price continues to stay around $20-22 and they add accessories; articulation; and removable heads and hands.

I see 6 inch figures pegwarming constantly (even seemingly harder to come by figures), yet I barely ever see a 3 and 3/4 figure in brick and mortar store. It seems as if the 3 and 3/4 line, even at a ridiculous price moves, while the 6" line has meandering sales.

With 3 and 3/4, I have space to purchase the entire line (including the multiples of iron man; spiderman; and wolverines) but with the 6 inch line, I would have to limit myself to only the characters I really, really want.

I don't know, a classic Defenders set would rock! How about "astral" Dr. Strange with Clea, Devil-Slayer, a fully articulated blue "Perez" Beast, classic cloaked Valkyrie with Dragonfang and her spear, plus her horse? The only new exclusive characters would be Clea and Devil-Slayer, which a lot of collectors wouldn't be too disappointed in missing, but there's still some real goodies for everyone (especially classic Beast with full articulation). I know -- I'm dreaming. But it is a nice dream.

I don't know, a classic Defenders set would rock! How about "astral" Dr. Strange with Clea, Devil-Slayer, a fully articulated blue "Perez" Beast, classic cloaked Valkyrie with Dragonfang and her spear, plus her horse? The only new exclusive characters would be Clea and Devil-Slayer, which a lot of collectors wouldn't be too disappointed in missing, but there's still some real goodies for everyone (especially classic Beast with full articulation). I know -- I'm dreaming. But it is a nice dream.

This wouldn't be a bad idea. Astral Strange was hard for a lot of people to find and Valkyrie wasn't common either. I'm still surprised Hasbro didn't pack alternate heads for the different Beast figures in both colors.

How can you not include Gargoyle?

Easy, PsychoPirate! :)

I think Gargoyle, like Hellcat and Moondragon, should get a "normal" release, either as a single or part of a "mainstream" team pack.

I'm still annoyed that Curto included Gargoyle as part of a group of characters that might get made, just as a tease. He would be an awesome figure, but he would definitely need that torso articulation so that he could be put in a hunched over pose.