3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Easy, PsychoPirate! :)

I think Gargoyle, like Hellcat and Moondragon, should get a "normal" release, either as a single or part of a "mainstream" team pack.

I'm still annoyed that Curto included Gargoyle as part of a group of characters that might get made, just as a tease. He would be an awesome figure, but he would definitely need that torso articulation so that he could be put in a hunched over pose.

Hey, I'm just saying'. Gargoyle > horse. And I'm not just saying that because I already have a custom Aragon and Valinor!

Eh, I'd rather her pegasus. But if we were to agree to replace him with another character, how about either Nebulon or Interloper? Both are rather obscure, so I think they'd be good "Con-only" exclusives. Yeah, I know -- Interloper was a member of a later group of Defenders, but he's a cool character. I don't even have any comics that he did anything more than appear in (they were a couple of the late-80's (?) Strange Tales comics that featured Dr. Strange), but I always thought that he looked pretty bad@%&. Plus he's supposed to be like 8' tall, so he's too big to be released in a "normal" pack.

http://stores.ebay.com/yaksanage-store/_i.html?rt=nc&_sid=1010200764&_sticky=1&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14&_sop=10&_sc=1

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

I like Rogue and still can't believe they wasted a spot Supreme Power Hyperion...its a joke. (although I do like the black costume Hyperion, but I'm not going to go out of my way to get one.)

I have gotten pretty sick of the term "wasted spot" when it's just used for a character that a person isn't interested in. For me Red She-Hulk, Ronin, Skaar, Dark Wolverine, amongst others would be "wasted spots" in that (in theory) they delayed the release of other figures that I would much rather have had. But are they really "wasted spots" just because I, personally, don't care about those characters? What about other folks who wanted those figures? Sorry, over time that whole "wasted slot" thing has become a pet peeve.

I bought one of the trade paperbacks for that Supreme series and it was pretty good, so I'm looking forward to that figure. Besides, he's an alternate (alternate) Earth Hyperion so he's actually a new character. Is that black costume Hyperion also a new character, or is he classic Hyperion in a new costume?

The yellow Daredevil is a new figure, but a repaint. He's the new Daredevil figure painted in his original costume. He will definitely replace that blah original costume Daredevil that I have from that old Toys R Us 3-pack (and what a poor "exclusive" that set was, in the first place).

That Rogue figure is sooo frustrating for me. She looks great, but because of that stupid mohawk she's off-model from what she should look like. She is so close to being an absolutely great figure (ignoring the reduced articulation, of course).

I have gotten pretty sick of the term "wasted spot" when it's just used for a character that a person isn't interested in. For me Red She-Hulk, Ronin, Skaar, Dark Wolverine, amongst others would be "wasted spots" in that (in theory) they delayed the release of other figures that I would much rather have had. But are they really "wasted spots" just because I, personally, don't care about those characters? What about other folks who wanted those figures? Sorry, over time that whole "wasted slot" thing has become a pet peeve.

I bought one of the trade paperbacks for that Supreme series and it was pretty good, so I'm looking forward to that figure. Besides, he's an alternate (alternate) Earth Hyperion so he's actually a new character. Is that black costume Hyperion also a new character, or is he classic Hyperion in a new costume?

The yellow Daredevil is a new figure, but a repaint. He's the new Daredevil figure painted in his original costume. He will definitely replace that blah original costume Daredevil that I have from that old Toys R Us 3-pack (and what a poor "exclusive" that set was, in the first place).

That Rogue figure is sooo frustrating for me. She looks great, but because of that stupid mohawk she's off-model from what she should look like. She is so close to being an absolutely great figure (ignoring the reduced articulation, of course).

I believe that they black costume Hyperion is the character that appeared in Avengers after AvX and is currently starring in his own solo series and the current Squad Supreme book

I stand by "wasted spot" for that version of Hyperion. He's a team character and if there's no intention to make even half of that team.. why bother? He's also an obscure version of that character. I say the same thing about Colossonaut. If they aren't going to give us the rest of the Phoenix 5, why bother? It truly is a wasted spot. The only reason to do a character like that is if the design is contemporary and still relevant by the time the character gets released (like Thordis or Falcon Cap)...but when years or even a decade has gone by since that look was relevant and is not considered "classic" by the fans... again, why bother?

s-l1600.jpg

Hydroman has no legs! (I think I'm okay with it)

So the Hyperion set is actually giving us two new characters? Cool.

And, yeah, if it is going to be an either/or, I would also prefer Hydro-Man to have the water effect instead of legs. Regarding the version we're getting: in general I prefer the Bronze Age costumes, but the whole black t-shirt thing was never really inspired, especially since Sandman had the same general look (plain clothes instead of a costume). However, I find it odd that his whole appearance changed as well: his hair is darker, and he's no longer musclebound.

• 2 weeks later...

Disney Infinity got the axe yesterday (it's somewhat on topic as they have Marvel figures). 300 people fired with no advance notice. Bob Iger killed it off because of a dip in stock prices and budgetary issues largely caused by his ego-stroking pet project known as Shanghai Disneyland. Infinity was profitable, but it wasn't making enough money to satisfy the shareholders.

I bring this up largely because I've seen several people mention that Disney should start producing Marvel figures instead of Hasbro. Despite all of the problems and cutbacks, at least Hasbro is still giving us something. Even customizers can get some use out of the new heads/body parts/accessories. Modern Disney is slashing budgets and cutting costs everywhere they can to placate the shareholders. Walt is spinning in his grave so fast he's about to blast out into space...

Some photography of 2016's offerings (the ones I have so far). Yes, FalCap is modified to have wings.

Recent%20group_zpsux047qco.jpg

2016%20group%202_zpsihgpkaua.jpg

2016%20group%203a_zpscqqykqny.jpg

Where did you get morbius and what not.

And how did you modify falcap?

There are a couple of Chinese sellers on eBay that have some upcoming figures loose.

I'll post a quick "how to" on the wings mode, with pics, by the weekend.

I found that 5" Arnim Zola today. He's actually pretty disappointing. I was surprised by how cool the Ultimate Green Goblin ended up being and this is a 180. He's 5 poa, unlike the Goblin. The bright neon orange is also very awkward compared to most of the MU paint jobs. He ends up looking like a bath toy. Oh well, at least I have a stand-in until Hasbro gives us the good one.