3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Cool pics, PsychoPirate! Looking at those figures, my first thoughts were:
1) What a great assortment of characters!
2) They really, really, really need to add back the torso/waist articulation!
3) The paint application on that new ("Young") Vision looks really nice. The figure really stands out.
4) On the other hand, the new "original costume" Daredevil looks really bland. He badly needs a paint wash or something -- he looks too flat. Definitely could use a better paint job.

I can't wait until the next wave finally gets released! I am even more looking forward to the wave after that so that I can add Quasar and Hydro-man to my collection.

Just came home from the annual toy show my lcs throws. Really nice turn out this year considering it was postponed a week due to weather. Soon as I got there, I found a woman with a bunch of MU and we got to talking. Turns out it was Rob Bruce's wife. Both of them were very nice. He gave me some great deals and I ended up walking away with over 20 figures; some for my collection, some for customs or some I just couldn't pass up for the price. Then I came home to find a gigantic box from BBTS arrived 4 days early! Among the goodies is a case of the Gamora, Rage wave. What a great day. All this excitement and I haven't even had lunch yet.

Just came home from the annual toy show my lcs throws. Really nice turn out this year considering it was postponed a week due to weather. Soon as I got there, I found a woman with a bunch of MU and we got to talking. Turns out it was Rob Bruce's wife. Both of them were very nice. He gave me some great deals and I ended up walking away with over 20 figures; some for my collection, some for customs or some I just couldn't pass up for the price. Then I came home to find a gigantic box from BBTS arrived 4 days early! Among the goodies is a case of the Gamora, Rage wave. What a great day. All this excitement and I haven't even had lunch yet.

You got to meet Rob Bruce? That's awesome.

Who is Rob Bruce?

I finally picked up a Death Archangel via Ebay for just under $40 (including shipping), which seemed like a fair price to me.

I am glad that they just include the variants in with the cases now. They were such a pain to find back in the day. I never saw Death Archangel, astral Dr. Strange or "bag-head" Spidey at retail.

I checked my local Toys R Us and the new wave hasn't arrived yet. I'm hoping it'll show up this week. I have to say that the Armored Spidey figure looks great -- he has a nice sculpt. From the promo pics it looked like a piece of poo to me, but having seen some recent fan-posted pics I now want him. Who in the heck at Hasbro takes those promotional pictures anyway? -- half of the time they look bad, due to either the pose or the lighting.

Who is Rob Bruce?

I finally picked up a Death Archangel via Ebay for just under $40 (including shipping), which seemed like a fair price to me.

I am glad that they just include the variants in with the cases now. They were such a pain to find back in the day. I never saw Death Archangel, astral Dr. Strange or "bag-head" Spidey at retail.

I checked my local Toys R Us and the new wave hasn't arrived yet. I'm hoping it'll show up this week. I have to say that the Armored Spidey figure looks great -- he has a nice sculpt. From the promo pics it looked like a piece of poo to me, but having seen some recent fan-posted pics I now want him. Who in the heck at Hasbro takes those promotional pictures anyway? -- half of the time they look bad, due to either the pose or the lighting.

Rob Bruce is a frequent guest on the show Comic Book Men. He's like their local toy guru when they need help. My wife, who knows nothing of comics, toys or pop culture in general, loves watching that show. As awestruck as she was you might have thought he was Tom Cruise lol.

I haven't opened Armored Spidey yet but I am impressed with how he looks. Probably the 1st and last time I won't mind the reduced POA on this character.

So my case of the Gamora wave from BBTS shipped last week and would have been here already if yesterday wasn't a holiday. USPS tracking shows it was accepted on Saturday at my post office with an ETA of today. Mail came and went and I got nothing. It was never marked as "Out for delivery", but that doesn't really mean anything as sometimes the tracker doesn't update until several hours after the package is dropped off. The tracking info still shows an estimated delivery date of Tuesday, May 31st. It's now after midnight on June 1st. I hope to Odin they don't mean Tuesday May 31st 2017...

My case finally showed up at my doorstep today. Overall it's a nice wave. Love the sculpted details on Gamora's armor. I was afraid they'd just paint them on. Same for Armored Spidey. He turned out pretty well, but mine has a wonky elbow on his "thwip" arm. I'm afraid to move it too much because it feels very gummy and fragile. Then again, he doesn't have a huge range of motion with that joint to begin with, so I guess it's not too bad.

*edit*

I also really like what they did with Vision's cape. It has a very cool, almost silky look to it due to the translucent effect.