3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Sorry for the double post, but I had a pretty cool haul today. Snagged the original wave 1 Punisher for $10 at an LCS, which filled one of the last holes in my collection. Found the Howard the Duck Minimates set at a different LCS.

Ollie's has The Good Dinosaur figures for cheap, so I grabbed Thunderclap for $5.99. 2nd and Charles had two of the Tomorrowland Reaction figures that I needed (Young Frank and Athena). TRU had new Toy Story figures that I'd never seen announced (Happy meal Buzz and Zurg from "Small Fry" and Angel Kitty/Raygon from "Toy Story That Time Forgot". Finally, that TRU also had a 2" Samus from World of Nintendo. Another rare one crossed off my list.

Still pretty much nothing here. I hit the closest TJ Maxx and they only had the Wave 1 from last year (Beast, etc). Still nothing at 5 Below and nothing new at Toys R Us. Lame. :(

Guys, I would be very surprised if they announce any new comic packs at SDCC. Nothing new has shown up in the store's computer since the Groot wave.

Still pretty much nothing here. I hit the closest TJ Maxx and they only had the Wave 1 from last year (Beast, etc). Still nothing at 5 Below and nothing new at Toys R Us. Lame. :(

Guys, I would be very surprised if they announce any new comic packs at SDCC. Nothing new has shown up in the store's computer since the Groot wave.

I expected as much. Anything new in the basic line? Can we expect another round of hints this year?

Yes, two more waves popped up in the system a week or two ago. Expect to be disappointed, and if they actually do the reveal and you like it, then cool. Between the two waves there are really only two new characters

No hints or riddles? Come on...pretty please?

Isn't that a hint? Repacks and repaints mostly, possibly new versions of less obscure characters, like Vision. Two new characters.

Hopefully one is Skurge (after years of tease, is he "new"?). But existing characters? A new Captain America, being the Secret War version or the new costume. There has to be a Wolverine before too long - a modern costume, Old Man Logan, or even the X-23 version could pop up ("Wolverine" is probably the only word in the inventory system). We haven't had a Thor in a while - maybe a straight up new one on the new buck, or one of the many seen in the Secret Wars Thor Corps. Another version of Deadpool. A Wasp repaint would be awesome. A simple listing of "Hawkeye" could end up being Kate Bishop. A Luke Cage (modern) reissue would be timely, or one on the Rage buck with a yellow t-shirt. How about Mystique in a modern costume? That is just repainting the new female body. A new Magneto? The Supreme Hyperion made me think of that. And use the Quasar cape.

Yeah, I could take a boring-looking list of names and run with it.

Yes, two more waves popped up in the system a week or two ago. Expect to be disappointed, and if they actually do the reveal and you like it, then cool. Between the two waves there are really only two new characters

No hints or riddles? Come on...pretty please?

Isn't that a hint? Repacks and repaints mostly, possibly new versions of less obscure characters, like Vision. Two new characters.

Hopefully one is Skurge (after years of tease, is he "new"?). But existing characters? A new Captain America, being the Secret War version or the new costume. There has to be a Wolverine before too long - a modern costume, Old Man Logan, or even the X-23 version could pop up ("Wolverine" is probably the only word in the inventory system). We haven't had a Thor in a while - maybe a straight up new one on the new buck, or one of the many seen in the Secret Wars Thor Corps. Another version of Deadpool. A Wasp repaint would be awesome. A simple listing of "Hawkeye" could end up being Kate Bishop. A Luke Cage (modern) reissue would be timely, or one on the Rage buck with a yellow t-shirt. How about Mystique in a modern costume? That is just repainting the new female body. A new Magneto? The Supreme Hyperion made me think of that. And use the Quasar cape.

Yeah, I could take a boring-looking list of names and run with it.

Fair point, though I hope they are mostly new costumes and not just repacks. There are so many different costumes and looks for the characters we have that Hasbro could fill several waves with just alternate costumes.

Sorry, stitch13, I am so completely underwhelmed that I'm just not feeling it this time around. Just going by the listing, we are only getting 2 new characters, and 1 definite variant. Well, most likely 2 variants, since there is a listing for "Ultron" again. No Executioner. :(

And you are absolutely right, PsychoPirate, some of of those seeming repacks might be cool variants. But then again, the wave before these 2 pretty much spelled out the variants right in the listing: "X-23 Wolverine," "Suited Moon Knight," etc.

Here's hoping either the store info is wrong or that Hasbro does a much bigger, cooler reveal than what I am expecting!!

I guess we will all find out next week.

Well, the new comic packs finally appeared at a couple of TJ Maxx's in my area. Unfortunately, all they had was the Spidey pack. I still picked it up, since $15.99 is a good price, and I'm getting a new character with Kaine. That said, Kaine looks very underwhelming. I've heard the term "happy meal toy" thrown out a lot for the new 3.75" figures, but I think that this is the first time that I would use it myself. On the other hand, the Spider-man figure in the pack actually looks very nice -- great paint app.

I just ordered Living Laser and Armored Spidey from Toys R' Us' website. They have a special where if you buy 1 you get the 2nd at 40% off. Unfortunately, the figures that I wanted the most -- Gamora, Rage and Vision, were all sold out. Still, it was nice getting such a good deal.

Oh, and I was shocked to see the new wave of comic book packs appear at a Meijers store in the area. I plan on waiting until there's a sale before I buy the Hyperion and Captain Marvel sets.

Saw the Spiderman 2 pack at the local TJ Maxx today...it may have been the absence of pocket cash...or the lack of articulation....or the addition of Spiderman again....but I decided to pass.
I am really looking forward to the torso articulation returning (too bad so many great characters suffered through these dark, dark days of articulation reducation (looking at you Beast(s); Spidey(s); Black cat).