3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Stopped by Walmart and found Wave 1 Figures and Comic packs on Clearance. Individual figures were $5.00 each and Comic packs were $9.00. They also had Cap/Bike for $9.00. I picked up a silver Iron Man and Unmasked Carol as those were the only two from the wave I didn't have and wasn't as interested in at full price. Kind of wish I waited on the rest!

Cool! I can't wait till I can add Groot to my collection.
I would guess that the other pack in this wave is so disappointing because they put all of the budget towards Groot. I think that instead of the Starlord repaint pack they should have repacked some of the old comic packs that were hard to get back in the day, and would sell well, such as the Deadpool/Taskmaster pack.

I've been gone for a week staying in DC with some relatives and got back last night. I took the opportunity to do some hunting and found a Legends Kitty Pryde (for the Onslaught head) and a 3.75" Morbius at Target. I found the new wave of Star Wars Black Series 3.75" at almost every Walmart I went to so I finally scored a Phasma.

But my coolest haul by far came from the Gettysburg gift shop. My girlfriend had never been to the battlefield before so we did the whole thing and stopped by the gift shop for something to drink. I was looking at the books and found a series of comics illustrating the various Civil War battles published by Marvel. There are 4 volumes (Bull Run, Shiloh, Antietam, and Gettysburg) and they are about as thick as the issues of JLA/Avengers, so they are more like micro graphic novels. I had never heard about them, but they are pretty cool.

Welcome back stitch13! And you bring us good news -- Wave 3 at mass retail! I want that Quasar figure so freakin' much!

If someone has him could you please post some pictures of the figure in different poses? I've only seen him in Hasbro's posted pics, and they usually manage to take lousy pics. None of the pics of Lockjaw, for example, do a good job of showing off the figure's size.

Welcome back stitch13! And you bring us good news -- Wave 3 at mass retail! I want that Quasar figure so freakin' much!

If someone has him could you please post some pictures of the figure in different poses? I've only seen him in Hasbro's posted pics, and they usually manage to take lousy pics. None of the pics of Lockjaw, for example, do a good job of showing off the figure's size.

I have him and I can take pics. Any poses in particular that you'd like to see?

Stitch- not sure where you were exactly, but in that same general area, I ran across wave 3 at the Target in Front Royal, Virginia yesterday morning. They had Rogue, Quasar, Hydro Dude, etc. Quasar had been on my list to buy, but the figure just didn't appeal to me- he sort of reminded me of the Cancerverse Quasar, not the regular good guy Quasar.

I did pick up Cable and Phoenix from Legends, however. They also had Havok, fyi.

Stitch- not sure where you were exactly, but in that same general area, I ran across wave 3 at the Target in Front Royal, Virginia yesterday morning. They had Rogue, Quasar, Hydro Dude, etc. Quasar had been on my list to buy, but the figure just didn't appeal to me- he sort of reminded me of the Cancerverse Quasar, not the regular good guy Quasar.

I did pick up Cable and Phoenix from Legends, however. They also had Havok, fyi.

If they were missing Morbius and Kitty Pryde, than yeah that was probably the one I stopped at.

Oh and If you need Deathlok, the Gainsville, VA Five Below had dozens. It's like all the Deathloks they made went straight to that one store.